Lectric XP

No ebike on the market that I am aware of is manufactured in the US or Canada. Ebike companies work with Chinese manufacturers to create a specific type of bike, and then they import and sell them in the US/Canada. A lot of these bikes are simply variations on the many "white bikes" mass-produced in China (the XP is one of them). Some are more refined in terms of their exact manufacturing specifications, but they are all manufactured in China.
Thank you!! I really thought they were made at a factory in Az. That's a big part of the reason I ordered it

Slightly off topic, but related - if you need to save $100, KevCentral just reviewed another player in this space - the Onway. Class 1 350W 36V 10.4aH battery fat tire folder. Big selling point - suspension fork included (but no rear rack or fenders). Available on Amazon. $799, but the shipping is $100 and no Amazon Prime. KevCentral has a coupon code to get free shipping. It seems this $700-900 fat folding bike space is filling rapidly with competitors; XP, the Ecotric, and now this Onway.

Last edited:
Like you said, let's give it some time for real reports to come in.

I just want to make sure you're aware that the price for the XP will go up to $999 ($100 increase) on Sept. 1. If you haven't bought and are sitting on the fence waiting for more range data, you may not get it in time before the price increase.

I just want to make sure you're aware that the price for the XP will go up to $999 ($100 increase) on Sept. 1. If you haven't bought and are sitting on the fence waiting for more range data, you may not get it in time before the price increase.
We will be back in Phoenix in mid September. I talked to the marketing guy at Lectric a few days ago, and he said they can offer test rides at their location on a appointment basis. By then, we should also have some more reports from owners on the actual range. Still looks like a great deal to me at $999 since I was almost ready to pull the trigger on 2 RadMinis at $1,499 each ... btw which are also produced in China, although Rad Power has 100 plus employees in Seattle in marketing, R&D and service.

Last edited:
I'm not to concerned where the sub components are made. As all companies get there components from overseas.
This was Lectric headquarters

Email just popped up that my order #2539 is processed with a Fedex number. (just label creation I think)...My other order #2537 has not been processed yet so I don't think things are done sequentially. #2539 is white and #2537 is black so maybe shipment is by color??? Will post when it's created. Getting excited🎉

Email just popped up that my order #2539 is processed with a Fedex number. (just label creation I think)...My other order #2537 has not been processed yet so I don't think things are done sequentially. #2539 is white and #2537 is black so maybe shipment is by color??? Will post when it's created. Getting excited🎉
I got an email about mine today too. I think it's just a created label too. Hopefully it will be here soon :)

I'm not to concerned where the sub components are made. As all companies get there components from overseas.
This was Lectric headquarters

This video by Mikey from EBR will give you a little more information about how ebikes are distributed in the US. BTN is a Chinese company in Hanzhou China that makes "white bikes." They have a small outlet in Las Vegas where this video was shot. You'll see in the video a "white bike" (it's painted black) that looks a lot like the XP. Read the video description on Youtube for more information

This video by Mikey from EBR will give you a little more information about how ebikes are distributed in the US. BTN is a Chinese company in Hanzhou China that makes "white bikes." They have a small outlet in Las Vegas where this video was shot. You'll see in the video a "white bike" (it's painted black) that looks a lot like the XP. Read the video description on Youtube for more information

Thank you! I'm really concerned mostly how they handle repairs under warranty. It's pointless if the bike is initially inexpensive, but getting repaired under warranty is an arm and leg. I called them before I ordered and they assured me it would be repaired if necessary at their main facility in Phoenix. I'm also in Az. I just assumed they did the bulk of final assembly in Az as well.
I'm not too happy to learn they are moving either! Hopefully it isn't too far away.
For minor stuff I will take to my local bike shop. I called to make sure they would work on it before I ordered
ETA: shipping to and from to be paid by them.

Last edited:
Back