Lectric XP

I just receive this email at 3:11 pm today
Early Sept Delivery Date

Shipping Update and Price Increase
Friends of Lectric eBikes,
Thank you for joining our community of riders! We appreciate you!

Great news! Last week we finished an extended process of sending one thousand bikes to many of our August customers. It was a significant achievement. - and we could not have accomplished it without you! Thank you!

We have several additional large shipments scheduled in the next couple of months. Our remaining August customers will have their bikes begin to ship August 27th. Those with a "early September" shipping will begin to have their bikes sent the second week of September and those with a "September shipping" can expect theirs to start shipping around the 4th week of September. All batches will take 7-10 days to have all of the bikes sent from the time we begin shipping. Please note that our expected shipping dates are subject to change. Such is the challenge associated with pre-orders. We know that can be frustrating for you - and we share many of those same frustrations. We are committed to shipping your bike to you as quickly as possible. To our Canadian customers, we are still seeking approval to export our bikes to you. We hope to have that resolved soon.

We have several areas of opportunity related to shipping and communication. We are committed to continuous improvement in ourselves - and our bikes - and we appreciate all who have provided valuable feedback! We also recognize we made some mistakes, and to those impacted, please accept our sincere apologies.

Prior to riding your bike, make sure you review the Lectric XP Owners Manual and review the First Ride video prepared by our Lectric Service Center! (It has come to our attention some customers have received an outdated manual, please use the most up to date version attached to this message) These tools will ensure a safe and enjoyable experience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=xPFzqKtiUIo

XP Manual

We are pleased to announce the pre-order will continue in September! However, we will be increasing the price of our Lectric XP on September 1 to $999. I'm sure you will agree it remains an incredible value!
mail

I realize purchasing an electric bike is a significant investment. I also realize shipping dates for pre-order purchases are fluid. Thank you for your patience - and for placing your trust in us!

We look forward to riding with you!

View attachment 37269
Hi guys
For any one that is hearing a clunk noise in the headset but the headset is tight.
We had this problem and it drove me crazy. Till my girlfriend figured it out. If the handlebars are as low as they go you may hear a clunk. Raise the bars a 1/4 inch and the clunk goes away.

Received the bikes today, they are tanks! Much better built than I expected. Quick question, one of the rear brake cable is popped out and pulling on the brake. Any tips on getting it back together? Nice that Lectric included the wrench to go over and check tightness of most of the bolts. Everythiing is pretty good on mine except both rear brake cables needed attention. One was just adjusting the other one I have to get back together. Hopefully get them both finished tomorrow. 👍

Just got back from a two hour ride mainly through hard pack and gravel pack trails. Wow what an absolute blast. I'm getting more exercise with this bike than my mountain bike. I'm pedalling longer but going way faster and farther. Up hill trails have become fun. The tires are fantastic for grip. I realise that this isn't a mountain bike or a bmx bike but it's very capable off road and the bike tells you if your going to fast...i.e. No suspension. I set the tires at 25 psi and that seems to be a good starting point. ..I rotated the handle bars forward slightly and that made an unreal difference in comfort. I don't need the seat that high either. Feels like my son's BMX bike. Super impressed

Last edited:
Got mine last week and finally got to riding it. Very nice. Fast and smooth. Pretty comfortable. A bit bumpy without any shocks. Will experiment with differnt tire PSI's. Front fender rattles and the noise makes me crazy. Had to shim the front chrome bracket with pieces of cardboard and it stops. Working on a better fix possibly removing the chrome bracket/holder and slipping on some shrink tubing. Anyone notice the rear brake light is not center under the fender/wheel? I cannot remove the key after locking the battery. If I turn the key a little bit counter clockwise (battery still locked) the LCD turns off and the bike. The manual states the key does not need to be in. Been keeping the key in of course otherwise it will not run. Anyone have the same issue?

I have couple of questions for the owners who have received the bike...
  • When the bike is folded, do the tires align parallel to each other? Is it possible to hold and lift the bike from the section it's folded and comfortably drag it on its wheels with one hand! As if carrying a luggage with wheels?
  • Do you have to remove panniers from the back rack before folding the bike?
Like to know this as well 👍

Got mine last week and finally got to riding it. Very nice. Fast and smooth. Pretty comfortable. A bit bumpy without any shocks. Will experiment with differnt tire PSI's. Front fender rattles and the noise makes me crazy. Had to shim the front chrome bracket with pieces of cardboard and it stops. Working on a better fix possibly removing the chrome bracket/holder and slipping on some shrink tubing. Anyone notice the rear brake light is not center under the fender/wheel? I cannot remove the key after locking the battery. If I turn the key a little bit counter clockwise (battery still locked) the LCD turns off and the bike. The manual states the key does not need to be in. Been keeping the key in of course otherwise it will not run. Anyone have the same issue?
The new online manual explanes the 3 key position that the current manual does not unless you have v1.1 of the manual. There is now a lock, unlock and on to power the bike.

Yes you can fold the bike with the panniers in place and you can push it around by the seat when folded but only in one direction forward, pushing it in the other direction the pedals will start to move and lock the wheels. I also cannot remove the key in the run position...I'm running the tires at 15 psi it smoothes out the ride...

Received the bikes today, they are tanks! Much better built than I expected. Quick question, one of the rear brake cable is popped out and pulling on the brake. Any tips on getting it back together? Nice that Lectric included the wrench to go over and check tightness of most of the bolts. Everythiing is pretty good on mine except both rear brake cables needed attention. One was just adjusting the other one I have to get back together. Hopefully get them both finished tomorrow. 👍
Would you suggest people with zero bike maintenance experience to get the bike checked out at some local shop for this kind of brakes/bolts issues? Or is it safe to play around yourself?

Would you suggest people with zero bike maintenance experience to get the bike checked out at some local shop for this kind of brakes/bolts issues? Or is it safe to play around yourself?
If you have any mechanical knowledge the bike is simple....That being said my headset was loose and you do need some special tools and large socket to tighten ...Simple for me as I made the one tool and I had the large socket for the headset nut...Otherwise take it in...

I have gotten most of the kinks ironed out with the bike now except the battery rattles over sidewalk cracks...I'm trying to figure out some kind of spacer for the inside of the frame that shims the inside up to the same size as the battery opening...Doesn't need to be much, just enough to keep the battery from bouncing inside the frame...ANyone else notice this? Both mine and the girlfriends do this...I hate noise and other than that the bikes are silent now...Any ideas guys???

Back