Lectric XP

I have gotten most of the kinks ironed out with the bike now except the battery rattles over sidewalk cracks...I'm trying to figure out some kind of spacer for the inside of the frame that shims the inside up to the same size as the battery opening...Doesn't need to be much, just enough to keep the battery from bouncing inside the frame...ANyone else notice this? Both mine and the girlfriends do this...I hate noise and other than that the bikes are silent now...Any ideas guys???
I really appreciate all the info that your letting us all know, it will make it much easier when I do finally receive my bike. Kudos to you👍🏼

Short answer - yes. Worth it for the piece of mind when you're riding something capable of 28MPH.
Does anyone have experience or know how shops would treat the Lectric XP? I've heard that some shops don't deal with electric bikes. I wasn't sure if a high end shop (that may sell electric bikes) would be willing to work on an internet bought bike. I've honestly never had experience with bike shops so I'm not sure how to proceed since I would rely upon them for tuneups.

I really appreciate all the info that your letting us all know, it will make it much easier when I do finally receive my bike. Kudos to you👍🏼
Hey no problem ....glad your getting some use out of my ramblings....I'm fussy and like things perfect.. regarding the rattling battery I think I'm going to try a piece of 1/8th inch plywood the width of the battery and slide it in before I put the battery in, that might shim it up just enough... I think wood would work well as it doesn't compress....

Does anyone have experience or know how shops would treat the Lectric XP? I've heard that some shops don't deal with electric bikes. I wasn't sure if a high end shop (that may sell electric bikes) would be willing to work on an internet bought bike. I've honestly never had experience with bike shops so I'm not sure how to proceed since I would rely upon them for tuneups.
I have once taken a $150 walmart bike to Specialized Bicycle store for checkup. They welcomed me, lubed my bike chains, adjusted brakes and tire pressure free of cost.
I do have a local family owned eBike shop not far from my home. They sell bikes similar to Lectric XP. I plan to have them checked up my XP (once it arrives... the wait is kiling me, another 3 weeks to go)

I have once taken a $150 walmart bike to Specialized Bicycle store for checkup. They welcomed me, lubed my bike chains, adjusted brakes and tire pressure free of cost.
I do have a local family owned eBike shop not far from my home. They sell bikes similar to Lectric XP. I plan to have them checked up my XP (once it arrives... the wait is kiling me, another 3 weeks to go)

The wait is killing me, too! This forum helps ease the pain tho! Turns out, "we are not alone!" :cool:

A good quality local bike store should easily be able to handle all the mechanical components of an ebike and work on them for you. I took my Surface 604 to a LBS in Lacey WA and no issues tuning and adjusting. Same with my Rad Mini (when I had it) here in WNY. What they may not work on are the electric parts, but those generally don't need adjusting. There are, of course, some stores that won't work on them at all because they are inexperienced and probably worried they will screw something up. You can talk to the owner/mechanics at your LBS and see what they say.

Would you suggest people with zero bike maintenance experience to get the bike checked out at some local shop for this kind of brakes/bolts issues? Or is it safe to play around yourself?
It is safe to play around with yourself. As Darceman suggested with my brake cable issue, went on Youtube typed it in and there were several videos. I was making it harder than it looked. It's nice Lectric even gives you the wrench to check everything with. I haven't worked on a bike in 50 years, but there isn't anything that youtube can't help with.

It is safe to play around with yourself. As Darceman suggested with my brake cable issue, went on Youtube typed it in and there were several videos. I was making it harder than it looked. It's nice Lectric even gives you the wrench to check everything with. I haven't worked on a bike in 50 years, but there isn't anything that youtube can't help with.
Yes and not only that, I was on another section of this ebike forum and there was a fellow figured he was spending over $2000 a year in maintenance. I don't care how fancy your bike is that's insane. I have a very fancy baggar motorcycle I don't spend anything close to that and I average 12,000km a year . Make sure who you're dealing with is not ripping you off these bikes aren't complicated.. My buddy has had an ebike for three years now and rides it to work every day, he's put brake pads in it twice other than that he does all his maintenance himself that's not even $40 in parts. As Brobox says watch you tube and try and do some of the work yourself.

Google ebikes in your area, a number of shops will come up. The peddle bike shop up the street from me hates ebikes and told me if I bought one, don't bring it to his shop, he won't work on them. Googled ebike and a mile away an ebike shop "all brands welcome" on their web page. The Lectric bike has top end components that any shop can replace or adjust. I haven't seen anything on mine that any of the upper end bikes don't have.

Range/mileage Reports Appreciated.

Like many of you, I'm excited about the Lectric XP. I was pretty much set to buy 2 RadMini's next month. I see actual owner confirmations of Rad's advertised 25-45 mile range, depending of course on assist levels, with the 672 Whr battery.

I see that Lectric advertises 25-50 mile range with a 500 Whr battery. The only report I have seen on actual reported range was 9, 19 and 14 miles. I think it was from KevCentral, and he admitted that he has a lead foot (lead hand?)

So any reports on actual range would be greatly appreciated, now that several of you have received your bikes.

Last edited:
Yes and not only that, I was on another section of this ebike forum and there was a fellow figured he was spending over $2000 a year in maintenance. I don't care how fancy your bike is that's insane. I have a very fancy baggar motorcycle I don't spend anything close to that and I average 12,000km a year . Make sure who you're dealing with is not ripping you off these bikes aren't complicated.. My buddy has had an ebike for three years now and rides it to work every day, he's put brake pads in it twice other than that he does all his maintenance himself that's not even $40 in parts. As Brobox says watch you tube and try and do some of the work yourself.
Update on the brake cable, loosened the cable connections, it popped into place, adjusted where I wanted it, perfect now. Repair time 30 seconds. Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't even get to step 2. 😂

Can anyone recommend a good quality suspension seat post to give some shock absorption to the XP?
I plan to use Thudbuster, it's more on the expensive side but I believe it'll be good investment.

People have also recommended Suntour seatposts.

I'm using a zoom suspension seat post under 28 bucks on eBay I'm sure there are better and more expensive ones but this one and lowering the tires psi to 15 lbs works fine for me... 37345

Back