Lectric XP

When did
Update: bikes were in state as of 5 AM. Should be at my local terminal today for the Monday 8/26 delivery. The tracking numbers are right on. One of them is just along for the ride, it just shows "in transit" but both left CA on the same truck. 👍
So nice to have daily communication of what is going on. ;)
When did you order yours?

Never mind, just noticed looking back it was on June 20th.

Last edited:
Was yours for the early August delivery? I ordered mine June 29th for the late August delivery, not expecting to get till probably sometime in September, bummer, I just keep telling myself it was a great deal for what I'm getting, and it makes me feel confident hearing all the good from people who have gotten them, so I'm guessing it should be well worth the wait.
Yeap. Early August

I'm picking ours up from Blaine Washington tomorrow (Saturday) I live in Canada and it was faster and cheaper to send to my box office and pay taxes there...we ordered two early June...

Last edited:
I'm picking ours up from Blaine washington. I live in Canada and it was faster and cheaper to send to my box office and pay taxes there...we ordered two early June...
Very wise move! Not to mention what Lectric has to go through to get it across the boarder and that does take time and paperwork. I wonder how that paperwork goes when the manufacture is another country and not the USA? Oh Brother! I can see why the Canadian shipments are not there yet. There could be two custom fees involved.

Last edited:
I'm picking ours up from Blaine Washington tomorrow (Saturday) I live in Canada and it was faster and cheaper to send to my box office and pay taxes there...we ordered two early June...
What's your order number? Mine #1530 for first the bike. "Early August" batch.

Hey Friends of Lectric eBikes!

So awesome to hear from you! Quick update on shipping since most comments are centered around that:

o about 95% of the 'early August' bikes have been sent. The majority not sent are Canadian orders (waiting on approval). We've also dropped ball on a few. We're working hard to clean up the remaining shipments.

o the 'late August' shipments are expected to begin to be sent late next week. It will take us at least a week to get them all on their way. We learned a few things from the last shipment and we expect this one to be smoother.

o the 'early September' shipment is scheduled to begin to be sent the second week of September. Again, it will take at least a week for us to get them all sent.

We appreciate your overwhelming response to the Lectric XP! It's been great to hear the reaction from those who have received it. The most common ways they describe it is 'fun' or 'a blast'.

Just wanted to also mention that each of your comments are valid - and we take them all seriously. If we could turn back the clock we would have done a few things differently; especially around the price. That would have allowed us to grow at a more controlled pace. Drinking from the fire hose at this point; but we couldn't be happier. We want to build a community of riders who don't think you should have to break the bank to have a great bike! Thanks for joining us on this journey!

We love this bike, and are confident you will as well!

Brent
Lectric eBikes

Thanks Brent, for the communication, and for the hard work. Excited to get the bike! Keep on hanging on!

I'm currently shopping for my first ebike. I came across the Lectric XP and really like it. This forum seems the most active online and I wanted to get some input from those who have received theirs and those who are still waiting on their orders to arrive.

What do I like about the Lectric XP?
  • Pre-order price - $899
  • Fat tire locking battery design
  • LG 48V 10.4Ah lithium ion battery
  • 500 W motor
  • 50 miles pedal assisted range
  • 25 miles throttle only range
  • 28 MPH top speed (class 3)
  • 59 lbs (dislike)
  • 20 x 4" tires
  • Includes fenders, integrated lights and rear rack
  • Free ($49) pannier with promo code
  • Replacement battery - $299

I also considered the Qualisports Dolphin as I think it's got some good qualities for the price. Previously I was looking at some of the other Qualisports ebikes such as the Nemo and Volador but decided the Dolphin is probably the better choice for me.

What do I like about the Dolphin?
  • Pre-order price - $1099
  • Discreet seat post battery design
  • Samsung 36V 14Ah lithium ion battery
  • Sine wave controller
  • 350 W motor
  • 50-60 miles pedal assisted range
  • 30 miles throttle only range
  • 20 MPH top speed (class 2)
  • 50 lbs
  • 20 x 2.35" tires
  • Includes fenders and lights
  • Front rack - $59, rear rack - $69 (dislike)
  • Replacement battery - $450 (dislike)
These are the highlights that sell me on these ebikes. I just wish there was more real world information available like owner reviews to help me finalize my purchase. I realize because they are new unreleased (as of today) ebikes this is just not possible so I may have to be a guinea pig to find out.

The Lectric XP has quite a bit of good things going for it. On paper, it even seems like a better deal than the Qualisports Dolphin! However I feel the same hesitation about purchasing it because of the lack of real world owner reviews. There are quite a few YouTube reviews praising the preproduction model and most have positive things to say so that is most definitely reassuring.

What do you guys think? Have you considered these two ebikes while shopping? I'd love to hear some insight as to which one you'd choose and why. I'm looking to place my order ASAP.

IIRC you are in Canada? I use to ship our product to Canada. Canadian customers can blame Customs and having to go through a customer broker to clear the boarder. The paperwork, cost and hassle wasn't worth it, so we dropped Canadian shipments. I have had product sit at the Customs broker for 3 weeks as they get buried as well. Then the Goods and Service tax has to be paid before they will release the product. It is not easy to ship into Canada, just my experience. I hope it has gotten easier.
Thanks for the info. Is it more difficult to ship ebikes into Canada? I am constantly purchasing thing online from the U.S. and it is usually very quick. A few weeks ago I ordered a new helmet from California and it arrived to my house via FedEx in two days. I’m assuming items like ebikes have a different process of going through the boarder/customs.

Thanks for the info. Is it more difficult to ship ebikes into Canada? I am constantly purchasing thing online from the U.S. and it is usually very quick. A few weeks ago I ordered a new helmet from California and it arrived to my house via FedEx in two days. I’m assuming items like ebikes have a different process of going through the boarder/customs.
I would not order directly to Canada. If your close to a border use a PO box. I once ordered a $50 part from the states that came in an envelope. $12 seemed a fair price to pay for the shipping.... 6 months later I got nailed with $55 in brokerage charges...Its always cheaper to get sent to the states and pick up yourself...

I would not order directly to Canada. If your close to a border use a PO box. I once ordered a $50 part from the states that came in an envelope. $12 seemed a fair price to pay for the shipping.... 6 months later I got nailed with $55 in brokerage charges...Its always cheaper to get sent to the states and pick up yourself...
True. Probably going start doing that. Im less than an hour away from the border.

I'm currently shopping for my first ebike. I came across the Lectric XP and really like it. This forum seems the most active online and I wanted to get some input from those who have received theirs and those who are still waiting on their orders to arrive.

The Lectric XP has quite a bit of good things going for it. On paper, it even seems like a better deal than the Qualisports Dolphin! However I feel the same hesitation about purchasing it because of the lack of real world owner reviews. There are quite a few YouTube reviews praising the preproduction model and most have positive things to say so that is most definitely reassuring.

What do you guys think? Have you considered these two ebikes while shopping? I'd love to hear some insight as to which one you'd choose and why. I'm looking to place my order ASAP.

You are correct, there are not a lot of owner reviews on the XP as of yet. Some photos, Facebook posts and etc are starting to appear, but not much yet.

I am planning on doing a series of reviews once I receive mine, which should be in the next couple weeks. I'll try to post them here and elsewhere.

In the meantime, as we find posts/photos/videos from owners, hopefully folks will post them here.

Just the expereince with my product, if your helmet was a preapproved customs product, that will happen. A new product or one not imported very often, good luck. Lectric Bike is a new product with another foreign manufacture. I hate to say it, but customs can be really hard. Plus it is an over size product clearing customs for the first time, not fun. For small companies, NAFTA was not our friend.

Just the expereince with my product, if your helmet was a preapproved customs product, that will happen. A new product or one not imported very often, good luck. Lectric Bike is a new product with another foreign manufacture. I hate to say it, but customs can be really hard. Plus it is an over size product clearing customs for the first time, not fun. For small companies, NAFTA was not our friend.
Thanks for the explanation! I’m starting to understand why the delays are happening and the process behind it. Thanks again

Since I live within 25 minutes of the border I am down there at least once a week. I ride my motorcycle down there too.."less traffic" I have bought over 16 car tires down there plus numerous other expensive products. I have yet to ever have a problem with anything that I have brought back from the States. Seldom do I pay taxes unless over $400. I expect to pay taxes on the Ebike but I would be surprised if I have any other problem.. I will keep the forum aware of what transpires tomorrow when I go there to pick up the bikes. Also just to clarify I like keeping money in Canada but I also like keeping it in my pocket as well 🥴
That being said I would not have most stuff shipped to Canada, its better to pick up and bring across yourself

Last edited:

Currently, I think the best Lectric XP video review out there is KevCentral's follow-up review. He posted an original review when he first got his prototype, and then posted a second review two months later, with some upgrades and modifications. Here's the link if you haven't yet seen it:

Back