Lectric XP

New to the site, nice to see so many positive comments about the xp, except of course Xpert66, but that's easy to ignore. I ordered mine June 29th, was hoping for delivery day after Labor Day but that looks like that won't happen, I understand though, looks like they really didn't know just how fast the bikes were going to sell, and it appears they are a little over whelmed. Just happy though to see Brent on here giving us updates on the situation. Can't wait to see some videos and reviews when some of you get the bikes. Thanks again Brent for the updates and I'm looking forward to getting out on the road.

Last edited:
Thanks Brent, what about for those who have just purchased a bike now from the Lectric site? AKA me... just made the purchase now and I can't wait to get this bike.

Last edited:
This is off topic for shipping, but has anyone besides me noticed that on the video reviews of folding electric bikes, Lectric included (not KevCentral), some (most) reviewers don't raise the seat to a normal pedaling height? They're all way down with their knees bent like adults on BMX bikes. Two of the Lectric reviewers don't even pedal at all, just use it like a scooter with the seat almost all the way down. It looks uncomfortable to me. I know they probably do that so that they can put their feet flat when stopped, but come on, I would think you'd want better efficiency and less dependence on the motor for better range and a little exercise.
We'll see, maybe after a month I'll be doing the same thing.

This is off topic for shipping, but has anyone besides me noticed that on the video reviews of folding electric bikes, Lectric included (not KevCentral), some (most) reviewers don't raise the seat to a normal pedaling height? They're all way down with their knees bent like adults on BMX bikes. Two of the Lectric reviewers don't even pedal at all, just use it like a scooter with the seat almost all the way down. It looks uncomfortable to me. I know they probably do that so that they can put their feet flat when stopped, but come on, I would think you'd want better efficiency and less dependence on the motor for better range and a little exercise.
We'll see, maybe after a month I'll be doing the same thing.
We have ours at the normal pedaling height like a regular bike. However, even at the PAS 1 setting and going uphill there is virtually no effort that would require a more powerful seating position. For starting out we just use the throttle to get going, so I can see the easy chair lower position for many is fine. The nice thing is that PAS 0 you can peddle like a regular bike for a workout.

We have ours at the normal pedaling height like a regular bike. However, even at the PAS 1 setting and going uphill there is virtually no effort that would require a more powerful seating position. For starting out we just use the throttle to get going, so I can see the easy chair lower position for many is fine. The nice thing is that PAS 0 you can peddle like a regular bike for a workout.
Post pics!

Looks like the vast majority of us in this thread are New Members. I suppose because of the XP. I plan on sticking around to compare notes with peeps as they get theirs/mine. I suppose there is going to be some things people can share regarding first impressions. It is so cool that Lectric is watching this post.

I’m ok to wait for my ebike. But my only complaint is that those that have ordered AFTER me are getting theirs shipped. I ordered July 10th and have heard nothing, while there are some who are going to be riding tomorrow or Monday. I am hoping to have it before leaving out of state for two weeks. Wanted to take it with to ride.just asking for no budging in line🙄

I’m ok to wait for my ebike. But my only complaint is that those that have ordered AFTER me are getting theirs shipped. I ordered July 10th and have heard nothing, while there are some who are going to be riding tomorrow or Monday. I am hoping to have it before leaving out of state for two weeks. Wanted to take it with to ride.just asking for no budging in line🙄
Feel you there. I ordered on June 18th and still don't have a tracking number

I ordered mine on June 13 and I don't even have a tracking number. Not a valid one.

I ordered mine on June 13 and I don't even have a tracking number. Not a valid one.
Was yours for the early August delivery? I ordered mine June 29th for the late August delivery, not expecting to get till probably sometime in September, bummer, I just keep telling myself it was a great deal for what I'm getting, and it makes me feel confident hearing all the good from people who have gotten them, so I'm guessing it should be well worth the wait.

Was yours for the early August delivery? I ordered mine June 29th for the late August delivery, not expecting to get till probably sometime in September, bummer, I just keep telling myself it was a great deal for what I'm getting, and it makes me feel confident hearing all the good from people who have gotten them, so I'm guessing it should be well worth the wait.
It’s supposed to ship August 27th is what I’ve been told. I’m just confused as to why some who ordered after me are getting theirs sooner. And it seems there are a few os us who have had this happened. Seems to me you’d go in order down the line.

It’s supposed to ship August 27th is what I’ve been told. I’m just confused as to why some who ordered after me are getting theirs sooner. And it seems there are a few os us who have had this happened. Seems to me you’d go in order down the line.
You have the same delivery date as mine, but you ordered a couple of weeks before me, and I agree, seems they should be sending them out in order. It will be interesting to see who gets theirs first, you or me, keep posting and let us know when you receive yours.

Hey Friends of Lectric eBikes!

So awesome to hear from you! Quick update on shipping since most comments are centered around that:

o about 95% of the 'early August' bikes have been sent. The majority not sent are Canadian orders (waiting on approval). We've also dropped ball on a few. We're working hard to clean up the remaining shipments.

o the 'late August' shipments are expected to begin to be sent late next week. It will take us at least a week to get them all on their way. We learned a few things from the last shipment and we expect this one to be smoother.

o the 'early September' shipment is scheduled to begin to be sent the second week of September. Again, it will take at least a week for us to get them all sent.

We appreciate your overwhelming response to the Lectric XP! It's been great to hear the reaction from those who have received it. The most common ways they describe it is 'fun' or 'a blast'.

Just wanted to also mention that each of your comments are valid - and we take them all seriously. If we could turn back the clock we would have done a few things differently; especially around the price. That would have allowed us to grow at a more controlled pace. Drinking from the fire hose at this point; but we couldn't be happier. We want to build a community of riders who don't think you should have to break the bank to have a great bike! Thanks for joining us on this journey!

We love this bike, and are confident you will as well!

Brent
Lectric eBikes
5% customer here. LOL LOL LOL. On my RV vacation now...too bad

Feel you there. I ordered on June 18th and still don't have a tracking number
IIRC you are in Canada? I use to ship our product to Canada. Canadian customers can blame Customs and having to go through a customer broker to clear the boarder. The paperwork, cost and hassle wasn't worth it, so we dropped Canadian shipments. I have had product sit at the Customs broker for 3 weeks as they get buried as well. Then the Goods and Service tax has to be paid before they will release the product. It is not easy to ship into Canada, just my experience. I hope it has gotten easier.

Last edited:
Update: bikes were in state as of 5 AM. Should be at my local terminal today for the Monday 8/26 delivery. The tracking numbers are right on. One of them is just along for the ride, it just shows "in transit" but both left CA on the same truck. 👍
So nice to have daily communication of what is going on. ;)

Back