Lectric XP

Since I live within 25 minutes of the border I am down there at least once a week. I ride my motorcycle down there too.."less traffic" I have bought over 16 car tires down there plus numerous other expensive products. I have yet to ever have a problem with anything that I have brought back from the States. Seldom do I pay taxes unless over $400. I expect to pay taxes on the Ebike but I would be surprised if I have any other problem.. I will keep the forum aware of what transpires tomorrow when I go there to pick up the bikes. Also just to clarify I like keeping money in Canada but I also like keeping it in my pocket as well 🥴
That being said I would not have most stuff shipped to Canada, its better to pick up and bring across yourself
Ride it, get it dirty before crossing. It was yours you brought from home. 🤑

Ha ha...My dad was a cop and he told me one time about a guy that was smuggling bikes in to Canada that way..I think that is probably tried more often than not. And probably the border knows that. 😳

Thanks for the explanation! I’m starting to understand why the delays are happening and the process behind it. Thanks again
Glad you can understand. Our customers did not and why we quit shipping to Canada. :) I have a feeling with the US shipping delays, Lectric hasn't had time to figure out the Canadian paperwork yet.

Ha ha...My dad was a cop and he told me one time about a guy that was smuggling bikes in to Canada that way..I think that is probably tried more often than not. And probably the border knows that. 😳
Funny, I am here to tell you those custom guys are sharp. Take a bus and ride it home?? 😂😂

Since I live within 25 minutes of the border I am down there at least once a week. I ride my motorcycle down there too.."less traffic" I have bought over 16 car tires down there plus numerous other expensive products. I have yet to ever have a problem with anything that I have brought back from the States. Seldom do I pay taxes unless over $400. I expect to pay taxes on the Ebike but I would be surprised if I have any other problem.. I will keep the forum aware of what transpires tomorrow when I go there to pick up the bikes. Also just to clarify I like keeping money in Canada but I also like keeping it in my pocket as well 🥴
That being said I would not have most stuff shipped to Canada, its better to pick up and bring across yourself
Have a friend drive you across the US border, and ride the ebike back across the Canadian border, then meet up with the friend.
I have no idea if that's possible. Just a thought.

Have a friend drive you across the US border, and ride the ebike back across the Canadian border, then meet up with the friend.
I have no idea if that's possible. Just a thought.
Since my girlfriend and I both bought bikes we're going down together, but as crazy as I have been in the past I'm not that dumb to do that.... the border guards aren't stupid.... besides I have Nexus and I don't want to screw that up either. especially as I ride my motorbike down there a lot.

And this......other than the squeaky voice.. 😮

Come on now, what's not to like about a voice that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard? I have watched and read every single bit of information available on the web regarding the XP except that video. I had to turn it off as soon as I heard the screeching voice.

I ordered my first bike July 20th with an order number of #290X I ordered a second bike very early August and was given the order number 369x. When I ordered the first bike the website indicated they were still taking orders for August delivery. In a follow-up email, I was told I am now in the September batch.

Come on now, what's not to like about a voice that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard? I have watched and read every single bit of information available on the web regarding the XP except that video. I had to turn it off as soon as I heard the screeching voice.
What can I say I am an information junkie I was desperate..lol

I ordered my first bike July 20th with an order number of #290X I ordered a second bike very early August and was given the order number 369x. When I ordered the first bike the website indicated they were still taking orders for August delivery. In a follow-up email, I was told I am now in the September batch.
Ordered mine 6 August. Nothing yet. Unfulfilled.

So besides logistics, are there any negatives or cons about this ebike? lol it seems to be THE perfect ebike right now. Well, at least for the price on paper with the few preproduction models sent out to YouTubers out there . It is highly praised and the demand grew through the roof that Lectric (admittedly) did not foretell. Or prepare for.

However, their marketing strategy (or luck) paid off in big dividends! Demand far outpaced supply big time! The proof is in the forums. Customers waiting 2 months to receive a cheap ebike some pissed off and wondering if this is a legitimate company or a some kind of scam. Hey, bad publicity is good publicity right?!

I spoke with Alex from Qualisports and mentioned this to him. I told him they should've launched a similar campaign with their newest model Dolphin. I was even offered a commission on sales but I'm not prepared to take on such a task. I'd love to create a YouTube channel and start by reviewing these two ebikes but with my life situation this is very difficult. Honestly they snoozed on an opportunity and Lectric reaped what they sowed.

I guess I'll take a leap of faith and place my order too...?

You are correct, there are not a lot of owner reviews on the XP as of yet. Some photos, Facebook posts and etc are starting to appear, but not much yet.

I am planning on doing a series of reviews once I receive mine, which should be in the next couple weeks. I'll try to post them here and elsewhere.

In the meantime, as we find posts/photos/videos from owners, hopefully folks will post them here.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it and will be checking back daily on your feedback.

Can you comment (or speculate) based on the available information? I'm dying to hear any input as a comparison.

Currently, I think the best Lectric XP video review out there is KevCentral's follow-up review. He posted an original review when he first got his prototype, and then posted a second review two months later, with some upgrades and modifications. Here's the link if you haven't yet seen it:

Yes, thank you! I have viewed these over and over. However, I am still seeking more. Can you speculate or give input on the other ebike I listed? I know its hard to say much about it but any insight would help calm my impatience. Much appreciated.

KevCentral's videos are very good, very detailed, and "real-world". Shameless plug but he was part of the reason I became convinced on the Lectric XP.

They are selling that fast. I ordered June 20th order #1827 for an early Aug delivery. It will be Aug 26th when it is delivered, (late Aug). We have all had to wait, over sold with not enough experienced help in shipping. Kind of like LA traffic, perfect weather so everyone came, now everyone complains about the traffic. 😂
I did the math,😊 that was 790 orders, some will be with 2 bikes, like mine. That will be close to 1,000 bikes in just over 2 weeks. The current Early Aug shipment Lectric said was 1,000 bikes. I can see the prices increasing very soon. Supply and demand, the demand has out paced the price.

Last edited:
Can you comment (or speculate) based on the available information? I'm dying to hear any input as a comparison.
I compared the Dolphin to the XP when I was shopping. The Dolphin was 1//2 the bike, 350 watt vs 500 watt, etc. at $200. more with a longer wait time. There was no comparison for what I wanted. The reports from those that have received their Lectrics have been outstanding. Only negative I have seen posted are some bent items in shipping, all have been fixed. People are reporting that the quality as outstanding. I linked one of those in an earlier post.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it and will be checking back daily on your feedback.

I have looked at almost every single folding bike that Court has reviewed, and simply on specs alone the Lectric XP is unquestionably the winner in terms of bang for the buck. One thing you get accustomed to if you watch enough of Court's videos is hearing about all the various components, and in most folding bikes you hear the same components listed over and over: Tektro brakes, Shimano drivetrains, Kenda tires, Bafang motors, Samsung/Panasonic batteries, etc. So, even though the Lectric XP has appeared only in select Youtube videos, in my own research I have made the conclusion that, given the component list on the XP, its form factor comparable to other folding ebikes (E-Joe E-Lux and Enzo), and the fact that many of these other folding bikes are getting good reviews, for the $899 price I found it reasonable to take a chance on it. If these components are working well on so many other folding ebikes, there's no logical reason why they should not work on the XP.

I had a Radpower Rad Mini, and got 50 miles on it before I had to give it to my son due to his need for emergency transportation. When you look at the component specs between a Rad Mini and the XP, there is little difference beyond the frame and the motor (750 watts on the Mini). I paid an additional $170 I believe for the fenders and rear rack, which come standard on the XP. And this is what had me puzzled about the XP; the component list was so slight in difference that it was hard to believe I paid $1670 for the Rad Mini, and I have paid $899 for the pre-ordered XP. This is why I pulled the trigger - albeit hesitantly - on the XP for an "early September" delivery. I think if you dig into the specifications for all the folding ebikes out there you'll come away realizing there is not a whole heck of a lot of different in the components from bike to bike. That's my two cents worth of observation for you FWIW.

And in case you haven't seen it, Kyle from Bolton Ebikes did a review on the Qualisport Dolphin. It's a good review and I think will help you compare the XP to the Dolphin.

Thanks for the photo, I have been trying to figure what style of mirrors would fit. I like yours, are they inside of handle bar mounts?
Yes, they are bar end mount. There is not a lot of room to mount a clamp on type and these look integrated with the bike. You just need to cut a hole at the end of the grip. There were highly rated on Amazon we were very impressed with the quality for $12.00. Here is the link, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009R96YK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back