Lectric XP

I have looked at almost every single folding bike that Court has reviewed, and simply on specs alone the Lectric XP is unquestionably the winner in terms of bang for the buck. One thing you get accustomed to if you watch enough of Court's videos is hearing about all the various components, and in most folding bikes you hear the same components listed over and over: Tektro brakes, Shimano drivetrains, Kenda tires, Bafang motors, Samsung/Panasonic batteries, etc. So, even though the Lectric XP has appeared only in select Youtube videos, in my own research I have made the conclusion that, given the component list on the XP, its form factor comparable to other folding ebikes (E-Joe E-Lux and Enzo), and the fact that many of these other folding bikes are getting good reviews, for the $899 price I found it reasonable to take a chance on it. If these components are working well on so many other folding ebikes, there's no logical reason why they should not work on the XP.

I had a Radpower Rad Mini, and got 50 miles on it before I had to give it to my son due to his need for emergency transportation. When you look at the component specs between a Rad Mini and the XP, there is little difference beyond the frame and the motor (750 watts on the Mini). I paid an additional $170 I believe for the fenders and rear rack, which come standard on the XP. And this is what had me puzzled about the XP; the component list was so slight in difference that it was hard to believe I paid $1670 for the Rad Mini, and I have paid $899 for the pre-ordered XP. This is why I pulled the trigger - albeit hesitantly - on the XP for an "early September" delivery. I think if you dig into the specifications for all the folding ebikes out there you'll come away realizing there is not a whole heck of a lot of different in the components from bike to bike. That's my two cents worth of observation for you FWIW.

And in case you haven't seen it, Kyle from Bolton Ebikes did a review on the Qualisport Dolphin. It's a good review and I think will help you compare the XP to the Dolphin.

We have not seen any other ebikes in person so far on the road so our assessment on quality is based on our road bikes which cost more. The Lectric is definitely high quality and people who see ours cannot believe the price. They also think the display control is a cell phone, but that in it's own is a wow factor. Large, easy to read in daylight. We really like the Shimano push button shifter. Being super critical the only negatives would be the fat ties that have a slight hum at higher speed and the front fender will vibrate a little when hitting bumps. That is it and these do not detract from our satisfaction.

I have looked at almost every single folding bike that Court has reviewed, and simply on specs alone the Lectric XP is unquestionably the winner in terms of bang for the buck. One thing you get accustomed to if you watch enough of Court's videos is hearing about all the various components, and in most folding bikes you hear the same components listed over and over: Tektro brakes, Shimano drivetrains, Kenda tires, Bafang motors, Samsung/Panasonic batteries, etc. So, even though the Lectric XP has appeared only in select Youtube videos, in my own research I have made the conclusion that, given the component list on the XP, its form factor comparable to other folding ebikes (E-Joe E-Lux and Enzo), and the fact that many of these other folding bikes are getting good reviews, for the $899 price I found it reasonable to take a chance on it. If these components are working well on so many other folding ebikes, there's no logical reason why they should not work on the XP.

I had a Radpower Rad Mini, and got 50 miles on it before I had to give it to my son due to his need for emergency transportation. When you look at the component specs between a Rad Mini and the XP, there is little difference beyond the frame and the motor (750 watts on the Mini). I paid an additional $170 I believe for the fenders and rear rack, which come standard on the XP. And this is what had me puzzled about the XP; the component list was so slight in difference that it was hard to believe I paid $1670 for the Rad Mini, and I have paid $899 for the pre-ordered XP. This is why I pulled the trigger - albeit hesitantly - on the XP for an "early September" delivery. I think if you dig into the specifications for all the folding ebikes out there you'll come away realizing there is not a whole heck of a lot of different in the components from bike to bike. That's my two cents worth of observation for you FWIW.

And in case you haven't seen it, Kyle from Bolton Ebikes did a review on the Qualisport Dolphin. It's a good review and I think will help you compare the XP to the Dolphin.

Excellent overview. I did a similar comparison and came to the same conclusion.

I should hopefully have my XP in the next couple weeks and I plan on doing a series of video reviews. Will post here.

Bike scheduled for Tuesday delivery.
Mine hit my local terminal today. Nice to see so many of the Early Aug bikes will arrive at the same time. Should be lot's of reports & reviews next week. Should be a fun week of reading. Lock and water bottle holders came in today. Bottle holders are a nice quick release to take off when folding the bike up for travel. Nicer than I thought they would be. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZWQYD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Picked up our bikes g from the states this morning. Well I must say we are extremely pleased with the quality of the bikes The paint and finish it's very good and they were well packed up. We have already done 7 miles of mostly hardpacked trails. My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike for one year and she felt like superwoman on it. Definitely there is exercise but not painful. There were some minor issues with my bike, loose bolts, the guard for the derailer was hitting. The front headset was loose and rattled. I regreased the bearings and tightened it up. I tightened up one fender bolt that rattled. Overall everything else is fantastic. We couldn't be happier just minor glitches.Thank you Lectric

Attachments

• 20190824_161939.jpg
    20190824_161939.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 640
  • 20190824_161902.jpg
    20190824_161902.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 1,094
  • 20190824_122217.jpg
    20190824_122217.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 644
  • 20190824_122228.jpg
    20190824_122228.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 649
Last edited:
Picked up our bikes g from the states this morning. Well I must say we are extremely pleased with the quality of the bikes The paint and finish it's very good and they were week packed up. We have already done 7 miles of mostly hardpacked trails. My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike for one year and she felt like superwoman on it. Definitely there is exercise but not painful. There were some minor issues with my bike, loose bolts, the guard for the derailer was hitting. The front headset was loose and rattled. I regreased the bearings and tightened it up. I tightened up one fender bolt that rattled. Overall everything else is fantastic. We couldn't be happier just minor glitches.Thank you Lectric

Fantastic!

Picked up our bikes g from the states this morning. Well I must say we are extremely pleased with the quality of the bikes The paint and finish it's very good and they were well packed up. We have already done 7 miles of mostly hardpacked trails. My girlfriend hasn't ridden a bike for one year and she felt like superwoman on it. Definitely there is exercise but not painful. There were some minor issues with my bike, loose bolts, the guard for the derailer was hitting. The front headset was loose and rattled. I regreased the bearings and tightened it up. I tightened up one fender bolt that rattled. Overall everything else is fantastic. We couldn't be happier just minor glitches.Thank you Lectric
Awesome pics. Going to order another on Monday. The wife likes the pics! Thanx!

No problem..I bought one for a motorcycle and then used the plugs ends. Got an extra mirror with it as well.. 😃

No problem..I bought one for a motorcycle and then used the plugs ends. Got an extra mirror with it as well.. 😃
Just an update...changed the bike to level 3...wow big difference in every pedal assist number...I like number 3...it rockets you through trails and across grass..gotta be careful though..and I actually prefer not using the throttle. I was soaked in sweat when I got back and I ride a regular mountain bike 4 times a week..

Just an update...changed the bike to level 3...wow big difference in every pedal assist number...I like number 3...it rockets you through trails and across grass..gotta be careful though..and I actually prefer not using the throttle. I was soaked in sweat when I got back and I ride a regular mountain bike 4 times a week..
How do you change the level?

It's explained in the manual... Hold up and down button down at the same time . To enter advanced settings menu in this menu pressing and releasing the mode button will toggle between each numbered setting.
PO1= backlight 1<3
PO2= 0 = kilometre 1 = mile
PO8= speed limit... I just made it 100 km an hour obviously it won't do that though... but man what a difference

Mine hit my local terminal today. Nice to see so many of the Early Aug bikes will arrive at the same time. Should be lot's of reports & reviews next week. Should be a fun week of reading. Lock and water bottle holders came in today. Bottle holders are a nice quick release to take off when folding the bike up for travel. Nicer than I thought they would be. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZWQYD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm thinking about this one. I like fabric because is easy to repair and materials fatigue usually don't appear that soon like plastic.

kemimoto Bike Handlebar Cup Holder Bicycle Water Bottle Drink Holder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079QJS5P4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_rwLyDbR4D012B

My girlfriend has this on her bike...wow...I ordered one also now...hers is 350mm long which was fine for her...I ordered,400 'm long as I need a get more length.
C$ 71.67 32%OFF | SR Suntour NCX Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost 400mm * 27.2/28.6/30.0/30.1/30.4/30.8/31.6/33.9 Bicycle Seat Post w/ Case

My girlfriend has this on her bike...wow...I ordered one also now...hers is 350mm long which was fine for her...I ordered,400 'm long as I need a get more length.
C$ 71.67 32%OFF | SR Suntour NCX Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost 400mm * 27.2/28.6/30.0/30.1/30.4/30.8/31.6/33.9 Bicycle Seat Post w/ Case
what post size is the XP..... plus the Bag you have on the back.....can a extra battery fit inside

Last edited:
Here is a cheaper option:
USDREAM Bicycle Seat Shock Absorber Bike Saddle Suspension Device with Clear Scale for MTB Mountain Road Bike, Support Max Load: 330lbs, Spring Steel, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKC3BJ7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BwSyDbASHZ0RG

Last edited:
Back