Known Issues & Problems with Riese & Müller Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Has anyone had an issue with the Superdelite plug cover? Mine just fell off while I was riding. The bike is only a month old.

The plastic is brittle and only a fraction of a millimetre thick at the hinge. It really is a terrible quality component. It also plays an important role, keeping water out of the electrics.

I presume they will repace it for free. But the next one is likely to fail.View attachment 62912

View attachment 62912
My cover fell off after 3 weeks (it didn't close properly from the start), I'm quite shocked of the poor quality of this. Can anyone tell me if it's now safe to ride the bike with the charging terminal exposed to the elements. Luckily I managed to find the cover and I'm holding it on with tape as a makeshift solution.

Just make sure what you get has the correct bolt spacing (18mm or 40mm) and that it mount correctly either on the inside of the chain stay or outside of it.

My cover fell off after 3 weeks (it didn't close properly from the start), I'm quite shocked of the poor quality of this. Can anyone tell me if it's now safe to ride the bike with the charging terminal exposed to the elements. Luckily I managed to find the cover and I'm holding it on with tape as a makeshift solution.
There must be various versions of them. Mine is thick rubber and works fine. SD is about 6 months old.

Marc

My two month old SD stand is fine, no rattles, it feels very solid when I return it to upright. My rattle is from the rear mudguard. I have made a few changes, lets see if it has gone on my next ride.

Lots of rattles from my kickstand yesterday on a relatively smooth gravel ride. It even deployed once when I hit a bump. Not good.

The design defect with the charging cover is that if you do not close it or it springs open it will make contact with the pedal and the pedal will snap it off.

Yes, it is solid, streamlined, easily adjusted and does not rattle, at least not yet after 18 months. Be sure to use some red Locktite thread sealant when installing.

That'll do it!

Marc

Marc
IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1446.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG

It’s working perfectly. I ended up with a piece of black, flat vacuum cleaner belt. Very robust material. Hasn’t even put a dent in it. The piece in the pic above was just to see if it would interfere with anything which it didn’t.

Marc

@marcparnes Many thanks for the photos and feedback, I just did the same and it works !! No rattle sounds anymore !! kickstand stays a bit low but I dont think it will be an issue ..
IMG-1724.jpgIMG-1725.jpgIMG-1727.jpgIMG-1729.jpgIMG-1730.jpg

Guys, those that have done it, is it just a bit of rubber, with a hole in it, then drill a hole in the stand and fit the rubber with a self tapping screw? Is it as simple as that? I guess you need to line the rubber up to ensure it slots in the right place when closed to ensure no rattle?

Back