Known Issues & Problems with Riese & Müller Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Riese & Müller as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
Hello
I have a 3-year-old Riese Muller Superdelite. After moving to a rural area in Mendocino County, I switched to more aggressive tires for forest road riding. After picking up my bike from the local shop, I received a 595 Rohloff E14 error code. I tried recalibrating the hub per the instructions but without success—no calibration sounds, and the bike is stuck in a mid-range gear. The local shop specializes in Specialized e-bikes and doesn't handle electronics on other brands. I also attempted a firmware update via the Rohloff app, but it wasn't compatible with my setup. Does anyone know how I can restore the full gear range? I'm far from an R&M dealer and would prefer to tackle this myself due to my remote location.

Hi Community. I'm posting this video in case anyone has had a similar issue. I have a phantom noise that I can't diagnose. You can hear it in the video, but it feels like a metal on metal or metal on rubber sound. It's not coming from the motor, and can occur even when I'm not pedaling. It doesn't seem to be the brakes (or at least doesn't occur when I spin the wheel freely) and primarily occurs when I have a load on the bike.

LBS has no suggestions and it's really bugging me! It doesn't occur all the time and I can seem to replicate it when I bring it to the shop so hoping someone here has had the same problem.
Video link

Hello
I have a 3-year-old Riese Muller Superdelite. After moving to a rural area in Mendocino County, I switched to more aggressive tires for forest road riding. After picking up my bike from the local shop, I received a 595 Rohloff E14 error code. I tried recalibrating the hub per the instructions but without success—no calibration sounds, and the bike is stuck in a mid-range gear. The local shop specializes in Specialized e-bikes and doesn't handle electronics on other brands. I also attempted a firmware update via the Rohloff app, but it wasn't compatible with my setup. Does anyone know how I can restore the full gear range? I'm far from an R&M dealer and would prefer to tackle this myself due to my remote location.
So, the local bike shop did the tire change and so removed the rear wheel and disconnected the Rohloff as required and then your first ride after tire change produced the Rohloff error code? That should put the blame on the bike shop but knowing how these things go, they deny responsibility and you are left to deal with it. Your attempts at problem resolution have only dug a deeper hole so time to get a trained tech on the problem. The actual shift unit which is external of the hub is the point for disconnection and is likely the problem. Could be the cable but my guess is the shift actuator unit. The shift unit was replaced on my 2019 Delite E14 and I was told at the time it was the fragile piece in drive train. Replacement units are approx $500 so not cheap. An R&M dealer will have the computer program to diagnose the error codes for the Rohloff and It may be worth your while to take your bike to one of them. A call first with a general discussion of the issues would be a good first step considering the 3-4 hour drive you will be facing ...

Back