Known Issues & Problems with Riese & Müller Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hi everyone - I got my 2021 SD in 51 cm with Rohloff and Nyon display all together and finally had the weather to ride. Amazing bike. I have a new serial 1 also with the Enviolo AutomatiQ and there is no comparison - they are both wonderful but I love the Rohloff!
One seriously annoying problem - the SD charging port cover simply will NOT latch 🤷‍♂️.
Certainly other Super Delight owners have encountered and solved this issue without resorting to tape??

Attachments

• 2478615F-FADD-41F8-8DA7-7ACEA39511A7.jpeg
    2478615F-FADD-41F8-8DA7-7ACEA39511A7.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Rudy, what is a 'serial 1 with enviolo AutomatiQ'?
David
Hi David,
Harley Davidson started developing an Ebike several years back as a way to initiate younger riders into the Harley Davidson fold = future customers. In 2019/2020, they split their electric division away from their original "gas powered" behemoth, essentially creating two companies from one.
The Serial 1 Ebike is a well designed and finely made, E-bike with a price point from $3800. single speed, to aprox $5400. for a class 3 pedalec. They are all belt driven and all use Brose Mag S motors. My top end model uses the Speed version and comes with an Enviolo AutomatiQ internal hub; quite amazing when you figure out how to set it for "your" style of riding; you set it and forget it. Serial 1's have elegant internal wire routing with beautiful built in tail and headset lighting. The Kinetik seat post shown in my picture, is my "add on" and it is quite nice for the butt, however, the head set is quite proprietary so i can't adapt a Kinetik Stem to it.
Sadly, motorcycle manufacturing people don't think about hydration outside of the bar, and so they incorporated zero water bottle bosses. The rear rack is Pannier ready and accepts the MIK adapter "add on". The front rack...not so much. Clever ideas for water bottle attachment would be appreciated in the Serial 1 forum here on EBR.

Attachments

• C7D93BC2-32E6-4D35-B073-53D30C310362.jpeg
    C7D93BC2-32E6-4D35-B073-53D30C310362.jpeg
    771.8 KB · Views: 289
Hi David,

Sadly, motorcycle manufacturing people don't think about hydration outside of the bar, and so they incorporated zero water bottle bosses. The rear rack is Pannier ready and accepts the MIK adapter "add on". The front rack...not so much. Clever ideas for water bottle attachment would be appreciated in the Serial 1 forum here on EBR.
V

Here is what I’ve used in the past and it worked well:

SKS-Germany 11231 Anywhere Bicycle Attachment Water Bottle Mount with Top Cage Bottle Holder​

1649070919194.jpeg

As this is an 'issues and problems' thread, it seems appropriate to discuss workarounds for one of R&M's blunders: water bottle attachment points, or rather the absence of them on many (most?) models.

My 2019 Homage Rohloff has no attachment points. How could that be? Lights, mudguards, bell, comfy handlebar grips: yes, yes, yes, yes! Somewhere to put a water bottle: no! Hang your heads in shame, Riese & Müller design team!

Current Delites and Homages have Fabric mushroom-headed bolts on either side of the head tube. Interesting! Perhaps, they are acceptable to some.

My workaround is the same as Rudy's: Fidlock bottles which click on magnetically, and twist off. The concept appeals to me but the bottles, like those from Fabric, are difficult to squeeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spent a good deal of time in the garage cutting up perfectly good aftermarket water bottle adapters like the above SKS version, trying to get a fix. some straps too long, some too short and so on. the fidlock rubber straps cause the mounting bracket to twist so they suck. I think some industrial strength double sided tape and the right shape adapter is the ticket. some top bars are flat some top bars are round... now there is a challenge.

Last edited:
Hi everyone - I got my 2021 SD in 51 cm with Rohloff and Nyon display all together and finally had the weather to ride. Amazing bike. I have a new serial 1 also with the Enviolo AutomatiQ and there is no comparison - they are both wonderful but I love the Rohloff!
One seriously annoying problem - the SD charging port cover simply will NOT latch 🤷‍♂️.
Certainly other Super Delight owners have encountered and solved this issue without resorting to tape??
The lid catch is right on the very tip of the cover, mine snaps firmly. You may need a new one, my LBS wouldnt sell me one, ie likely free if you ask

I got my SD a couple days ago, and broke the charging port cover on the first ride as it opened and caught on my trousers. :)

Ordered this aftermarket replacement from an ebike shop who looks like realised an opportunity there and designed & made their own:

Hope this helps :)

It's a known issue with the lower Bosch charging port. I use black gaffer tape to secure during rides.

I got my SD a couple days ago, and broke the charging port cover on the first ride as it opened and caught on my trousers. :)

Ordered this aftermarket replacement from an ebike shop who looks like realised an opportunity there and designed & made their own:

Hope this helps :)
It does, many thanks. 👍

The only real issue I’ve had with the Nevo3 GT Vario GX, apart from self-inflicted ones, is the Cane Creak Thudbuster ST seat post. Just could not get it tight enough to hold the saddle in position.

The nose of the saddle kept tipping up and became uncomfortable. No amount of tightening up or replacement bolts could hold in in position.

The only permanent solution I found was to change the seat post to a Cane Creak eeSilk+, which has a different saddle clamping system. This time, vertical, rather than horizontal on the Thudbuster.

DG…

Attachments

• 36F7D1A8-5516-44A2-970D-62E245750636.jpeg
    36F7D1A8-5516-44A2-970D-62E245750636.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 168
I have a 2022 Multicharger Mixte GT Vario 750. After removing and then replacing the battery, I'm having trouble removing the key from the battery compartment lock. Specifically I can't get it out at all. I can remove it from the lock when the battery is out, just not when it's been placed back in. And yes, the battery is well seated in it's holder. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
Thanks,
Eric

(post edited for clarity)

Last edited:
I have a Multicharger Mixte GT Vario. After removing and then replacing the battery, I'm having trouble removing the key from the battery compartment lock. Specifically I can't get it out at all. I can remove it from the lock when the battery is out, just not when it's been placed back in. And yes, the battery is well seated in it's holder. Does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
Thanks,
Eric
What year is your Multicharger?

2022. 750wh battery.
Interesting. I had that exact problem with my 2019 Multicharger and I was sure that I had the battery seated properly. Only when I flipped the bike upside down and put more pressure on, did the battery finally click in and the lock release the key.
All that said. I have the exact model as you now and haven’t had the same issue again. Only thing I’d suggest is WD40 through the key lock mechanism in case it’s jammed up a bit with the change in weather?

My R&M Delite GX extreme rohloff HS​

I've over 5700 miles on the bike I purchased in May 2021 but it;s a 2019 floor model that has external batteries and chain drive vs the newer model SUper Delite's with Gates Belt. It has been a great bike and I've only made 2 chain replacements with the latest being <under 200 mile ago. I really like the look of this specific model and got a nice discount based upon it being a floor/demo model with only 60 miles on the ODO. The bike started making noise and misshifting about 2 months ago. There was an unusual sound coming from the motor and the Rohloff 14e was gear searching when under load. I took the bike into my dealer and they noticed many error codes so they updated all the software and firmware. They also noticed a small oil leak coming from the shift actuator and replaced that part. They then test rode the bike and said I was good to go.

I picked up the bike and on the first ride (my usual is 50 miles) the motor noise and shifting issues returned. I thought it may be the oil level in the Rohloff as I had just changed the hub oil and thought the leak from the actuator may have caused a low oil level so after a conversation with the dealer, I added a 3 CC's of oil to the hub to see if that was the issue. It wasn't, and I returned the bike to the dealer for further diagnostics. This was during the holidays and it took several weeks for them to get back to me but I received a call today and after looking at error codes, several conversations and video exchanges with Rohloff and Bosch they determined I had 2 issues. A motor to gear hub sync cable was bad and the Bosch motor now had an issue that required replacement of the motor. Luckily the bike has a 2 year warranty (from purchase date 05/30/2021) and this was all covered under warranty.

It is concerning that I had a motor failure at less than 6K miles that may, or may not, have been caused by the motor sync cable problem. If there is a take away in this, I guess it is to only purchase an eBike of this quality and expense from a reliable dealer, who will stand behind the warranty and do the hard work to diagnose complex problems with the integrated systems like those on the R&M and other high end ebikes. The jury is still out until I get a properly functioning bike back and put it through my more extensive ride tests, but I can say that working with the dealer to solve this problem(s) has been a good experience. I can't imagine doing it myself and I'm pretty sure neither R&M, Rohloff or Bosch would have been willing to talk with an owner who isn't trained on the bikes and has the diagnostic equipment to help identify problems. The other thing that makes this experience tolerable is that I have another ebike and have been able to ride it during this process. I'll update this post when I get the bike back and test it out.

Back