Known Issues & Problems with Bosch Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hello William

I have attached a GPX file of the sensible preferred route that maximizes the use of cycle paths. If you enter the start and end points (only) from the GPX into eBike Connect you will see what I mean.

I intended to also attach the resultant eBike Connect saved route but was unable to locate the file.

Regards
Excellent, thank you!

Be glad you don't have the cobi.bike app with the smartphone hub. It came with my new Allant 8s. No useful instructions anywhere. The relevant website just re-states what you see on the screen. No real manual. The worst - no tech support that I can find. Mine is not connecting properly to Komoot. If I plan a route in Komoot, I can't upload it to cobi.bike, because the app says it's offline. On top of this, the map display shows roads with such low contrast, just a thin brown line, that minor roads are very difficult to see.

Who would design such a system, and foist it off on customers for the premium models?
Do you have your Bluetooth turned on?

Be glad you don't have the cobi.bike app with the smartphone hub. It came with my new Allant 8s. No useful instructions anywhere. The relevant website just re-states what you see on the screen. No real manual. The worst - no tech support that I can find. Mine is not connecting properly to Komoot. If I plan a route in Komoot, I can't upload it to cobi.bike, because the app says it's offline. On top of this, the map display shows roads with such low contrast, just a thin brown line, that minor roads are very difficult to see.

Who would design such a system, and foist it off on customers for the premium models?

Hello! I sent you a DM to ensure you feel supported with your product. Please refer to the Cobi.Bike User Manual for a lot of helpful tips.

Once setup, I find the Cobi.Bike app seamless with my daily life on my Allant 8s. I am happy and confident to help you get to this point as well.

Cheers 🤠

I have also noticed that the copy of Open Street Map which is used for the service is at least many months out of date (I have deleted and reinstalled the map over a period of eight months). Having an updated map is especially critical as I live in a city and environs with a very good and constantly evolving network of cycle paths.
THIS! Thanks for corroborating! The 1st thing I did was check what back-end Nyon uses to verify if its up to date and does routing correctly, was relieved to see it does, which is why I brought it to Bosch's attention since IMO it can be fixed (fingers crossed) Agree, the feature is unusable/dangerous until this is resolved, hopefully can be remedied up-stream and does not require a device update AND that the offline map feature gets an overhaul as well. With the Nyon launch paused here in the US, would be amazing for Bosch to patch this before general availability.

This is where we come to get help from the Bosch team who do their level best to resolve our problems.

I would suggest that, if you actually want some help, you not use such a negative, accusatory tone. You are not really asking for help so much as complaining and letting off steam. Your own inability to search for and find what you are looking for is a direct result of your impatience and eagerness to accuse others of poor design or "foisting" their bad intentions on you.

This is where we come to get help from the Bosch team who do their level best to resolve our problems.

I would suggest that, if you actually want some help, you not use such a negative, accusatory tone. You are not really asking for help so much as complaining and letting off steam. Your own inability to search for and find what you are looking for is a direct result of your impatience and eagerness to accuse others of poor design or "foisting" their bad intentions on you.
Your patronizing, critical reply is not helpful. And your second sentence is complete BS. I understand you're the self-styled and self-appointed expert here. So why don't you help, instead of throwing bricks? Post some useful links, for example. I've spent hours looking for some sort of help and have not found any.

Can you do any better?

From what I have observed, the Bosch Team have been amazingly helpful to members in this forum. While there may be product shortcomings that can't be resolved to your satisfaction, at least give them a chance to try to help resolve your complaints.

From what I have observed, the Bosch Team have been amazingly helpful to members in this forum. While there may be product shortcomings that can't be resolved to your satisfaction, at least give them a chance to try to help resolve your complaints.
Yes, one team member has been in contact today, to a post I made last week. .

I first posted something last week. Until today, silence. Since I couldn't find any source of support after spending over $4,000 on something that doesn't seem to be working right, I'm pretty frustrated. A team member has already pointed out some things that aren't even documented anywhere I can find, so at least we're making some progress.

I do think it proper to warn other prospective buyers of a system that, to this user, seems badly flawed in its implementation.

Hi

I have this bike equipped with a Bosch active line engine which has performed beautifully in the last some 5 years. Now suddenly it just makes a whining noise when you engage it but it does`nt assist anymore. (The whining noise is the noise it used to make, very briefly, just before it engaged.)

It used to be like.
Pedalling, engaging, short whining noise, engaged. All ok.

Now it`s like
Pedalling, engaging, whining noise, pause, whining noise, pause, etc. And then I just stop engaging it.
I opened it up and all seems to be just fine. No water ingress of any kind and everything is clean.

What can this be? Sensor problems? Battery is ok. Could the BDUxx service kit solve this?

Btw, Ofcourse I went to the repair shop but they just said: Buy a new one…

Any news on the Nyon navigation problem? Had an incident where my phone screen was broken but the phone still functioned and was tethered to my Nyon. I tried to use the Nyon navigation to get home on my bike and it was a disaster! I'll update this thread with details later but just immediately need to call attention to a service that should be shelved NOW!

Any news on the Nyon navigation problem? Had an incident where my phone screen was broken but the phone still functioned and was tethered to my Nyon. I tried to use the Nyon navigation to get home on my bike and it was a disaster! I'll update this thread with details later but just immediately need to call attention to a service that should be shelved NOW!
Hi Steve, they are still working on it. I THINK it will be addressed via a software update very soon, but I need to check back in with them to confirm the timeline.

I'm sorry to hear about yet another bad experience with Nyon. I'll forward a screenshot of your message to them, along with another link to this thread.

I make maps in ride with gps import them in e bike connect and that changes the route sometimes. it has done some weird stuff. Had a simple route that had some zigzags as it was a ramp and man the nyon showed a straight line. it was recaulating and it had loops and all kinds of errors.

I make maps in ride with gps import them in e bike connect and that changes the route sometimes. it has done some weird stuff. Had a simple route that had some zigzags as it was a ramp and man the nyon showed a straight line. it was recaulating and it had loops and all kinds of errors.
I had a similar experience recently where I created a route on Google maps to circumnavigate San Juan Island. I then saved the route as a GPX file and imported the route into my list of routes on ebikeconnect. It was then synched to my new Nyon.

The route started at the ferry landing on San Juan Island and went clockwise around the Island back to the ferry landing. I activated the route on my Nyon and it kept trying to route me back to the ferry landing as soon as I took off. I resorted to using google maps on my phone (and of course the new Nyon would not provide a charge on the phone so I ran out of battery by mid afternoon. Fortunately I do carry a separate battery bank/charger.

Nyon also regularly declines to accept routes along known, established minor roadways and regularly substitutes its own stupid judgement as to where I should be going.

All in all the mapping function on the Nyon is frustrating, aggravating and all but useless where I live, in Northwest Washington state.

Fortunately I am a lifelong navigator, carry a quite detailed map in my head which is constantly being updated and rarely need mapping of any sort...automotive, marine or bike.

In all other respects I really like the new Nyon but the mapping is a huge disappointment. Bosch should be embarrassed putting out such an ineptly implemented system.

I had a similar experience recently where I created a route on Google maps to circumnavigate San Juan Island. I then saved the route as a GPX file and imported the route into my list of routes on ebikeconnect. It was then synched to my new Nyon.

The route started at the ferry landing on San Juan Island and went clockwise around the Island back to the ferry landing. I activated the route on my Nyon and it kept trying to route me back to the ferry landing as soon as I took off. I resorted to using google maps on my phone (and of course the new Nyon would not provide a charge on the phone so I ran out of battery by mid afternoon. Fortunately I do carry a separate battery bank/charger.

Nyon also regularly declines to accept routes along known, established minor roadways and regularly substitutes its own stupid judgement as to where I should be going.

All in all the mapping function on the Nyon is frustrating, aggravating and all but useless where I live, in Northwest Washington state.

Fortunately I am a lifelong navigator, carry a quite detailed map in my head which is constantly being updated and rarely need mapping of any sort...automotive, marine or bike.

In all other respects I really like the new Nyon but the mapping is a huge disappointment. Bosch should be embarrassed putting out such an ineptly implemented system.
Wholely agree! It is the worst piece of tech I've used in a while! Loops to get back to where it thinks you should start, I thought I was in the twilight zone! Scrap this feature until drastically overhauled as it will cause either injury or at the very least, a total waste of time for anyone that tries it here in the US.

the phone connection needs work too. the old nyon I always have to allow it to connect so I have to open the ebike connect app and allow it to pair. the New Nyon every morning I have to ope the app and choose that nyon to get it connected to the phone. the first month it did it fine but I went a week without riding and now every day I have to use the app to connect it the first time of the day.

I just received the new update, lets just say it is now routing me over a ferry to get to Manhattan from Brooklyn. I did not think it could get any worse but sadly, hilariously, it is much much worse!!!

I just received the new update, lets just say it is now routing me over a ferry to get to Manhattan from Brooklyn. I did not think it could get any worse but sadly, hilariously, it is much much worse!!!
Same here.

Unfortunately I don't see any improvement here in NZ with the recent map update. Major cycle ways in my city which have been operational for more than seven months are still absent whereas the source OSM map had them within a couple of weeks. Such updates were immediately available in my cycling mapping/routing app of choice.

Routing seems to continue to be non-cycle centric.

Cheers

Peter

Same here.

Unfortunately I don't see any improvement here in NZ with the recent map update. Major cycle ways in my city which have been operational for more than seven months are still absent whereas the source OSM map had them within a couple of weeks. Such updates were immediately available in my cycling mapping/routing app of choice.

Routing seems to continue to be non-cycle centric.

Cheers

Peter
I'm very sorry for everyone dealing with Nyon navigation issues. I'll share your feedback with the team(s) this morning. In response to Steve's feedback from last week, I got additional people involved, so hopefully we can make more happen.

Back