Known Issues & Problems with Bosch Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Yes, as noted in my post that is my plan. The most frustrating part is that to restore to good working order I have to pay $500-$600 AUD to replace the screen by buying a totally new unit. Perhaps Bosch could consider a service option where if you returned the old unit replacement direct to them there it could be repaired/replaced at something less than full retail price. Much better for brand reputation.
Some positive news to report as Bosch has now agreed to supply a changeover replacement Nyon under service/warranty/crash replacement. This somewhat restores my faith in Bosch, pretty important as we have a Bosch induction cooktop, wall oven, washing machine, power tools and garden equipment. I swapped the Nyon from my Delite to my Roadster as a temporary fix and interestingly the Nyon from the Delite registered the distance travelled by the Roadster so it seems some info is stored by the motor electronics as distinct from the Nyon. I guess I will confirm this when I fit the replacement Nyon.

Some positive news to report as Bosch has now agreed to supply a changeover replacement Nyon under service/warranty/crash replacement. This somewhat restores my faith in Bosch, pretty important as we have a Bosch induction cooktop, wall oven, washing machine, power tools and garden equipment. I swapped the Nyon from my Delite to my Roadster as a temporary fix and interestingly the Nyon from the Delite registered the distance travelled by the Roadster so it seems some info is stored by the motor electronics as distinct from the Nyon. I guess I will confirm this when I fit the replacement Nyon.
Most of the info is stored in the motor tire size and other settings. some sync like modes and such. But hard lessons learned do use one nyon on more then one bike unless you have to and if so be sure to fully tune it off before moving to the second bike. I tried doing this on a daily basis so I did not haver to buy another nyon for our tandem. after awhile glitches start happening and I would need to reset the nyon.

Most of the info is stored in the motor tire size and other settings. some sync like modes and such. But hard lessons learned do use one nyon on more then one bike unless you have to and if so be sure to fully tune it off before moving to the second bike. I tried doing this on a daily basis so I did not haver to buy another nyon for our tandem. after awhile glitches start happening and I would need to reset the nyon.
Only a once off change out for me as I am travelling for 6 weeks O/S and rental bikes while away with part of the time cycling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Fussen.

I will note what parameters are transferred to the replacement Nyon when fitted. I assume any R&M customisations will be in the motor configuration. Also custom power settings so perhaps Nyon primarily is for GPS and display of parameters stored in the motor module.

Only a once off change out for me as I am travelling for 6 weeks O/S and rental bikes while away with part of the time cycling from Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Fussen.

I will note what parameters are transferred to the replacement Nyon when fitted. I assume any R&M customisations will be in the motor configuration. Also custom power settings so perhaps Nyon primarily is for GPS and display of parameters stored in the motor module.
the custom power settings are downloaded I dont think they are stored in the motor.

Wondering when Nyon units are getting the updated maps. There is now a 1yr discrepancy between the web planner and app, and the onboard planner.

Back