Kiox mapping totally broken

Lumos

I have been using the Knox mapping for two years on my Superdelite and with some small foibles it is fine for me. I map long routes and it faithfully gets me round the course and back again. Since the latest update it is broken. Today I set a 60Km route I have done with Knox many times. First of all it would go instantly to route finished as the loop is a loop. Dumb but easily solved by moving 100m into the route. Now it noticed and said I am not near the start and do I want it to route me to the start (normal behaviour so far). But when I say no it gives me a route back home any way. In fact not until I was 30 km from home did it stop trying to get me to turn round but it would don't follow my route, it was just trying to take the shortest route back to the start. I restarted the route many times. I re-imported the route from Komoot and saved it as a new route, but it still wanted to go directly to the start. It has been doing this all week for al routes I have done many times. I did cycle past my house at the end of the trip today then turned off the bike so it synched that ride so perhaps it may work if the end point was never encountered. Any one have any suggestions? I would really like this function back. Very many thanks.

I have been using the Knox mapping for two years on my Superdelite and with some small foibles it is fine for me. I map long routes and it faithfully gets me round the course and back again. Since the latest update it is broken. Today I set a 60Km route I have done with Knox many times. First of all it would go instantly to route finished as the loop is a loop. Dumb but easily solved by moving 100m into the route. Now it noticed and said I am not near the start and do I want it to route me to the start (normal behaviour so far). But when I say no it gives me a route back home any way. In fact not until I was 30 km from home did it stop trying to get me to turn round but it would don't follow my route, it was just trying to take the shortest route back to the start. I restarted the route many times. I re-imported the route from Komoot and saved it as a new route, but it still wanted to go directly to the start. It has been doing this all week for al routes I have done many times. I did cycle past my house at the end of the trip today then turned off the bike so it synched that ride so perhaps it may work if the end point was never encountered. Any one have any suggestions? I would really like this function back. Very many thanks.
I have never done a loop but choose from next point and not origin for it to start along the route.

Thanks for your reply. I am using app version 5.2.1.0 on an iPhone. Do you know what version you are on?

Today it started off fine with total distance of 43km but after 100m it decided I was on my way back and changed the distance to 1km.

Thanks for your reply. I am using app version 5.2.1.0 on an iPhone. Do you know what version you are on?

Today it started off fine with total distance of 43km but after 100m it decided I was on my way back and changed the distance to 1km.
Hi Lumos,

I'm experiencing a navigation issue, as well. I am connecting an iPhone (iOS 16.6) to the Bosch eBike Connect (5.2.1.0) and the Kiox (4.0.4.0). The Bosch e-Bike Connect app navigates to the start of the gpx route instead of following the trace gpx file.

I have recorded my screen here to demonstrate the issue that I am experiencing. Is this similar to the problem you are experiencing?

I have been in contact with Bosch; however, they claim it is not a bug; however, I disagree. In the past, I have successfully followed many different gpx routes. The experience was excellent, especially on unfamiliar trails. The problem seems to have started when the app was updated earlier in August.

Hi Lumos,

I'm experiencing a navigation issue, as well. I am connecting an iPhone (iOS 16.6) to the Bosch eBike Connect (5.2.1.0) and the Kiox (4.0.4.0). The Bosch e-Bike Connect app navigates to the start of the gpx route instead of following the trace gpx file.

I have recorded my screen here to demonstrate the issue that I am experiencing. Is this similar to the problem you are experiencing?

I have been in contact with Bosch; however, they claim it is not a bug; however, I disagree. In the past, I have successfully followed many different GPX routes. The experience was excellent, especially on unfamiliar trails. For additional insights and recommendations on enhancing your outdoor adventures, check out Archerypick.com. The problem seems to have started when the app was updated earlier in August.
I have a 2021 bike with cx4 motor and kiox display. I understand it is a difficlult sytem to pair 3rd party HR monitor etc with but the issue of when you stop during a ride while using the app on phone and then when you set off again it stops recording then starts a new route is frustrating. Last week on a exporing ride of around 40 miles and 4000 feet of climbing we had to stop a couple of times to check maps. Kiox did not switch off but the app did so the ride was split into 4 seperate routes one of which was 3 mins duration. Emailed Bosch they said that was how it worked. So looks like need to take a Garmin with me every ride if I want the details saved as one route rather than split if I need to stop for mechanical, check map, food, pee etc. Anyone else have any experience of this?

Where are you seeing the ride as 4 separate ones? (I'm not going to say route since that has specific connotation with mapping sw) eBike Connect, Komoot, Strava?

Sounds like you should change this setting in eBike Connect:
1000006987.png

That way if you have a brief stop (or in my example below where my Nyon crashed - which occurs if you happen to be changing screens at the same time the 30% battery tries to pop up - your individual rides still get combined into 1 "trip" which is what syncs. You can view each ride AND you can click on the trip, highlighted in blue, to see the entire activity.
1000006988.png

If it doesn't work as required, and had, since the last update maybe there's a bug, or an option needs to be reset

In my experience:

Combining rides into one trip doesn't just occur when syncing with Komoot and Strava, with the option set.

Under Ebike-connect Web go to activities. Click on the date (day, shown in top line) of the multiple rides of one trip and data for the combined rides are displayed. You can also click the dotted icon and export as GPX with all rides combined into one trip.

Conversely, if you click on an individual ride of a trip you can view data for that ride and export it as a GPX.

Is that what you require?

Cheers

Last edited:
Combining rides into one trip doesn't just occur when syncing with Komoot and Strava, with the preferred option set.
It's been so long since I changed that setting. You're saying that eBike Connect behavior is the same either way?

I guess that depends somewhat on your automatic trip reset setting on the Nyon (and presumably Kiox too). I commute so keep mine at 4 hours as the best compromise so I don't have to manually reset everytime or end up with separate rides combined that I don't want combined.

While I look at rides in EBC I mostly use it as a conduit to get rides recorded and transferred into brand agnostic sw (komoot, strava, eventually rwgps) because I have no interest in keeping deprecated Bosch apps(Cobi) installed if I want to look up an old ride or if I get another ebike and then add Flow or another brands app.

It's been so long since I changed that setting. You're saying that eBike Connect behavior is the same either way?
In Ebike-connect (web based) you can view and export trip data as individual rides or combined rides as a single trip.

From memory the app does the same, but without the export option.

I reset my trip automatically each day. So in my case, all rides in a day comprise a single trip.

Ah seems I misunderstood the issue... is this route a "there and back" on the same path?

These can be problematic when using a Nyon. I don't remember if that was the case on my previously used 2020 Kiox.

When using the Kiox for following a route, do you have a "start at next point" option rather than start at beginning?

Ah seems I misunderstood the issue... is this route a "there and back" on the same path?

These can be problematic when using a Nyon. I don't remember if that was the case on my previously used 2020 Kiox.

When using the Kiox for following a route, do you have a "start at next point" option rather than start at beginning?
No, most of my routes are loops. I set the route then before I can even push the pedal it says I have completed the route. If I move a few metres into the loop hen select the route t seems to think that I am on the way back. So if my route is 50km it recalculates it as about 1km and then spends the next 90 minutes re-routing to get me home as quickly as possible.

Back