Looking at Full Suspension Class3+ EMTB for Commuting and Trail Riding

If you go for derailleur bike consider buying new rear wheel with IGH (nuvinc or Rohloff). Rohloff will give wider range which is better for off road. Pay extra for strong build will save on broken spokes. This is expensive upgrade but will save money in long run and reduce you maintenance time as single speed chains are very forgiving of bit neglect and very cheap to replace.

I'd run something like Jonny Watt tire in rear and buy extra front wheel with knobbly for MTBing. Spare wheel can be lower quality as it would only be used for commuting.

Thank you all for the recommendations. After a lot of thought, I’ve decided on building my own. I have no experience with electronics or with building bikes, but I enjoy working with my hands and tinkering.

Should I start a new thread or document it on here? I bought a dengfu E22 frame. Going with bafang m620 motor. Will be leaning on this community to help me fill the gaps on what parts I’m missing or things I’m not considering.

That will be a very interesting e-MTB.
Hopefully similar to this one:
1665443154106.png

I bought a dengfu E22 frame. Going with bafang m620 motor.
I thought they were sold out and only taking pre orders? Where did you find the frame? I'm still not sure about carbon fiber frames for ebikes, but I do find the dengfu an interesting frame. I think all in it will be greater than $3k investment. Could be worth it though.

Best of luck, looking forward to following your progress.

Thank you all for the recommendations. After a lot of thought, I’ve decided on building my own. I have no experience with electronics or with building bikes, but I enjoy working with my hands and tinkering.

Should I start a new thread or document it on here? I bought a dengfu E22 frame. Going with bafang m620 motor. Will be leaning on this community to help me fill the gaps on what parts I’m missing or things I’m not considering.
May I ask where you got the E22 from please? I enquired about an E22 frame for an M620 build (this link - https://www.ebay.com/itm/133560255318) and was told by the seller that I needed the E06, because the E22 they had was for a Shimano motor.

Hello everyone. I have been browsing through this community for a good bit and wanted to see if some of the members could help me with some questions.

I am looking at purchasing a full suspension class3+ mid drive torque sensing MTB to commute to work (roughly 35 miles round trip) during the week and hit some trails on the weekend. I'm currently looking at the Luna Z1 but have some questions about my approach and bike selection.

1. Does anyone else commute on a full suspension emtb? What are your thoughts? My main concern with this route is not being able to carry my gym gear (bag roughly 20lbs for change of clothes, lunch for the day, etc.) I understand the full suspension gives up cargo capacity, but the suspension is not something I'd want to sacrifice, as the route I've mapped out to get to work involves some off roading and lots of curb hopping.

2. How serviceable/reliable are these turn key mountain bikes? I was originally interested in building my own (with no previous experience), but the turn key/sleek/stealth looking eMTB's are very appealing to me. I'm willing to fork out more coin (budget of $4k-$6k) for a good turn key bike, but I don't want to have to buy a new bike every year. I want to buy a quality serviceable bike my first go around and repair as I go along. What are your real world results from going this route?

3. I have a sedan (2012 g37) and want to install a hitch and a bike rack on the back of it. I went to REI this weekend and was told that none of their hitch mounted racks would be able to support 2 eMTB's. What do you all use and what do you like?

4. Given my criteria above, are there any other bikes that I should be considering that may be more reputable or reliable than Luna? I'm a little weary of moving forward with Luna given the customer service complaints I've been reading about, but the bike itself seems fairly serviceable, which makes me overlook customer service concerns (for the most part). I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I spent 5 years building and maintaining a racecar. I admittedly have no bicycle wrenching experience, but feel that I could pick it up fairly quickly.

Thanks for reading and look forward to seeing your responses.

I came across this and was wondering if you would be interested in a 2019 Haibike Xduro AllMountain6. I've had the bike for a while, but increased age and retirement put me in the position of wanting to sell it. It is in excellent shape, has both front and rear adjustable suspension, (Fox) a couple of nicks, but mechanically and electrically very sound and fully serviced. It has a dropper seat, Bosch CX4 motor, a 500 watt Bosch internal battery and a second battery as well, SRAM Eagle GX derailleur and Maxxis Minion 2.7" tires. I've attached a picture and if interested I will send more with more details. Asking $2900, original list price just shy of $7,000. I am located in Chicago. Thanks, Kevin (phone 630 768-8791)
1706546882917.png

I came across this and was wondering if you would be interested in a 2019 Haibike Xduro AllMountain6. I've had the bike for a while, but increased age and retirement put me in the position of wanting to sell it. It is in excellent shape, has both front and rear adjustable suspension, (Fox) a couple of nicks, but mechanically and electrically very sound and fully serviced. It has a dropper seat, Bosch CX4 motor, a 500 watt Bosch internal battery and a second battery as well, SRAM Eagle GX derailleur and Maxxis Minion 2.7" tires. I've attached a picture and if interested I will send more with more details. Asking $2900, original list price just shy of $7,000. I am located in Chicago. Thanks, Kevin (phone 630 768-8791)
View attachment 170412
I cant find the picture?

Back