Kindernay VII IGH and HYSEQ Onesie shifter

Finally got the proper sprocket - ready for the wheel building! Hope Kindernay won't break their promise...

Imagepipe_3.jpg

In case you have not already seen this, there is a detailed user post about Kindernay wheel building

In case you have not already seen this, there is a detailed user post about Kindernay wheel building
Wow, this is awesome! I did some preliminary research, but this looks like super complete guide. Thanks!

Looks like my hub in on its way - see DHL delivery from Norway is scheduled for Wednesday! Will post some photos once I get it!

Last edited:
@ava1ar, What country are you in?
If in the US, I will be very interested to find out if the Hub clears customs with DHL, or if you have to take a broker.
I will also be interested in finding out any fee taxes or duty you have to pay to get it through.

Please let us know!

@ava1ar, What country are you in?
If in the US, I will be very interested to find out if the Hub clears customs with DHL, or if you have to take a broker.
I will also be interested in finding out any fee taxes or duty you have to pay to get it through.

Please let us know!
In US. Will let you know how customs goes. I did order bike parts from Europe earlier, but never anything so complex or expensive.

It is here 🥳🥳🥳 And couple of days earlier than expected!!! Won't have time till Wednesday to check out all the parts, so few quick photos for now.

box_outside.jpg
box_inside.jpg
hub_1.jpg
hub_2.jpg

Regarding DHL delivery/customs - no issues at all. Attaching full DHL tracking history for those interested (and no customs import fee as well!).
Can't wait to start building new wheel! Expect more photos later this week!

Attachments

• DHL_track.png
    DHL_track.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 197
Few more observations:
- like how shifter connects to the hub - no adjustment, no wires, no way to setup it wrong!
- shifter comes assembled and I will need to disassemble it to put the wiring inside the frame. So, I will need to bleed it after that and this part is not clear to me right now. What is the bleeding process? What liquid/oil to use? Send the request for Kindernay, let's see what will be their response.
- idea with cage and hub being not connected to the wheel is awesome! I start already thinking about building the 2nd set of wheels for winter season riding (with wider and more aggressive tires). With Kindernay setup wheel replacement as easy as with classic derailleur, which is new in IGH world!

They have the bleeding process on their channel

The oil used is mineral oil, any will do. DO NOT use DOT oil, that will mess things up :)

Can you confirm that when you look at the left side you see, 7 screws on the periphery for the Cage, and 6 inside for the rotor, and one of the 7 is aligned with one of the 6.

Thanks

They have the bleeding process on their channel
Thanks for the link!

Can you confirm that when you look at the left side you see, 7 screws on the periphery for the Cage, and 6 inside for the rotor, and one of the 7 is aligned with one of the 6.
Yes, exactly like this. This is clearly visible on the photo I posted few days back.

Back