Kindernay VII IGH and HYSEQ Onesie shifter

Response from the Kindernay team:

We are preparing a video for installation and removal of the II torque arm, and will post it on our Support Page shortly.
However, to avoid keeping you in the wait, please follow those instructions:
  • Removal:
    • Tap the protruding end of the torque arm lightly with a rubber mallet, until the end cap comes off
    • Remove the torque arm
  • Installation:
    • Install the torque arm
    • Install the end cap by gently tapping it with a rubber mallet
Let us know how it goes, or if you need more info for the installation.

Attachments

• Imagepipe_1.jpg
    Imagepipe_1.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Sounds like the cap is lightly pressed then, so it should be easy :)
Let us know how it goes

Any Update, how is the hub doing? :)
Sorry guys, I was expecting to do a wheel swap previous weekend, but last Friday on my morning commute motor on my C380+ start making weird sounds, so I dropped the bike to the Propel for diagnostics and few days later they reported that motor was faulty and they are waiting for the new one from Bosch for replacement... Just 800+ miles in 4 month and already dead motor, hopefully I just was not lucky to get a bad one and this is not a systematic problem. So, if I get bike back sometimes next week, I may do a swap sometimes following week.

Got an answer from Kindernay, they are having supply chain issues, so my hub is Scheduled for end of January.

You have to be patient with suppliers these days :)

I still have not received mine, Kindernay keeps pushing the shipping date, so I guess they must have production issues like everyone else.
so @ava1ar , do you have some news for us to help me wait :)

@ava1ar , a couple of question if you have a minute
  1. How did you decide the spoke tension of 1300Nm?
    Was that what you measured on the old wheel, the max you could do, recommended by Kindernay...?
  2. What Torque did you use on the wheel axle?
    Someone mentioned that if too tight, the shifter does not work, what was your experience and value used?
Thank you for sharing

I've been thinking about you and your K7 Scrambler. Sounds like you got it,

When you have it set up and are shifting BarnBoy posted a neat subtlety on his thread about his Hydra and Kindernay. That being that if you do a bad shift and want to clean it up you can frequently (or always?) do so by pressing the same shift lever again just firmly up until you feel resistance from the next gear shift point.

Just FYI that prices will be increasing April 1 by 15%. Got this email a week or so ago but not sure if it has been reported here.

Dear Kindernay friends

2022 has so far, brought a whole set of challenges, and forces us to proceed to some necessary adjustments today.

Due to the current global situation, we are facing significant rises in cost of raw material from 3rd party suppliers, transport & logistic, and energy in general.
We want to remain transparent with you, and would like to inform you that we will introduce a price increase of 15 % across our entire product range, from April, 1st 2022.

Fortunately, prices - on all our products, including our Eurobike Award winning 7-speed gear hub, the VII - will remain unchanged until the 1st of April. So you still have the opportunity to order with Kindernay at the current prices.

Orders can be placed online via our Webshop (secured payments with Stripe or Paypal).
All orders placed before the March, 31st 2022, will be registered at the current prices.

Back