Just for fun...

I am pretty sure a race wouldn't be the same without the sound (albeit through hearing protection) and feel of ICE.
There is an electric car with in-cabin ICE audio simulation and a manual transmission emulator. It would be fun if you could make it sound, rev, and have pull/torque and HP curves like a selection of classic cars. Such as, today I want to drive a 1971 Corvette.

Today’s Gag

Every Saturday morning our Resort biking group of 20+ regular riders assembles for an hour ride then a return to our Bistro for post-ride food & libations.

Today, per a special request to our leader I was granted a few minutes of the pre-ride orientation time to share some new and emerging information. I began my story by sharing …

“As a regular member of an international ebike forum, I have come across some new discussion on this point:

The Society for Safely Living, otherwise identified as the SSL, has recently completed a successful lobbing effort to the current Whitehouse Administration whereby they claim e-bikes, like e-vehicles require additional sound enhancements to alert and protect citizens from potential collisions.

Per these successful SSL lobbying efforts a new bill has been introduced and passed requiring all e-bikes to be equipped with these sound enhancement devices — whereupon I held up for all to see a King of Clubs playing card and a wooden clothespin.

The joke carried well to loud laughter and clapping.

But seriously, similar to how you ordered your latest free-delivery COVID tests, your ebike sound enhancement kit will soon be available for free online ordering. Be sure to contact your Congressperson for more information
Be sure to do so by 01 April...

Saw a 2000GT many years ago parked at Longo Toyota, the largest Toyota dealership in the world and located in SoCal.

But the ultimate car to me is the convertible version specially made by Toyota for James Bond in "You Only Live Twice." Seems Sean Connery was too tall to fit inside, so they made two convertibles for use in the film. One apparently has been totaled and the other is now at the Toyota Museum.

Attachments

• 2000GT-Bond-car-1.jpeg
    2000GT-Bond-car-1.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 39
There is an electric car with in-cabin ICE audio simulation and a manual transmission emulator. It would be fun if you could make it sound, rev, and have pull/torque and HP curves like a selection of classic cars. Such as, today I want to drive a 1971 Corvette.
Mine was 1970 Challenger Convertible.

I'm Toyota believer.
I saw land cruiser set world record for being driven submerge in deep water. It was battery powered
Google it.
I look like picture I included

Attachments

• 1000000855.jpg
    1000000855.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 40
I'm Toyota believer.
I saw land cruiser set world record for being driven submerge in deep water. It was battery powered
Google it.
I look like picture I included
I also am a Toyota believer. They are doing well with their hybrids. And hybrids make a lot of sense where charging stations are ...
unreliable ... at best.

I may look at a hybrid when my Kona ICE lease is up this December. I have also had good luck with Audi. Just seems like it's harder to find a good buy these days. There used to be great lease deals everywhere!

Show us new ebike build
Okay. This is a bike packing build. The frame has a spit seat stay and horizontal drops so that it could run a Gates belt. Every component is top shelf and it has a specially prepped cargo grade mid-drive. I love the bar. I did think the chicken pic was funny. Yesterday I gave a kid a chicken sounds emulator prepped to attach to his handle bar. This is a chicken town. The kid will use it when riding in the Butter & Eggs day parade April 20th.

Attachments

• Jan 14d.jpg
    Jan 14d.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 40
  • B&E23b.jpg
    B&E23b.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Soma d.jpg
    Soma d.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Soma c.jpg
    Soma c.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Soma b.jpg
    Soma b.jpg
    561.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Soma a.jpg
    Soma a.jpg
    767.7 KB · Views: 35
Wtf who would buy a pigeon for $135. I can buy a set of Schwalbe Eddy Current for that price. Return is good I'm almost 2000 miles on my Schwalbe.
Wait I take picture of my odometer.

Last edited:
At $135 each, they will return home from 1,000 km in about ten-hours; rest a few days to do it again. 135 x 97 birds = $13,000. $13,000 x 52 = $681,000 per year.

Does anyone want to buy my flock to implement this revenue source themselves?

@Jeremy McCreary might recall that in San Clemente they had a pigeon problem, so they soaked grain in white lightning and spread it out. The pigeons found the food, fell over and went to sleep. They were scooped up and put in burlap sacks and driven to the Arizona desert and released. They were all back in two days!
What made me think of this silliness is that on Monday I was riding a bike past grain elevators when I saw a falcon fly behind a wall hidden and then it popped up, flipped and nabbed a pigeon in a burst of feathers. In Greek mythology those raptors were symbols of Zeus and witnessing that sort of capture is an omen for justice.

1711572443797.jpeg

@Jeremy McCreary might recall that in San Clemente they had a pigeon problem, so they soaked grain in white lightning and spread it out. The pigeons found the food, fell over and went to sleep. They were scooped up and put in burlap sacks and driven to the Arizona desert and released. They were all back in two days!
Hey, my wife's been threatening to do that to me lately! Maybe that's where she got the idea.

Of course, it'd take me a lot more than 2 days to get back. Scariest part is the burlap, though — so itchy!

Back