Just for fun...

Anyone else in the parh of the totality? We are minutes from peak in upstate N.Y. .. completely clouded over ... darkening sky but no darkness or view.MEH.

Last edited:
I went to the dollar store to by colanders with pinholes. But the black kitty litter scoopers were better!
Here is my handbag. I removed the logos.
1712607616551.jpeg

I drove about 200 miles to see it, watching the clouds all the way. It was totally overcast off and on, so I was worried, but when I got to the centerline of the eclipse in Illinois there were nothing but high thin wisps that didn't interfere with the show at all. This was my second, and it was spectacular. I guess people arrived 1, 2, 3, or 4 more hours in advance so, while there was definitely traffic all the way from Nashville to Marion, IL, everyone left at the same time, and I have never seen anything like it. It was pretty much bumper-to-bumper from north of Metropolis, IL to Nashville. It took forever to get home. Worth the trip anyway!

TT

Last edited:
20240408_131633.jpg

We had clear skies in Southern IL. Originally planned on Plattsburgh NY. Glad we changed plans; saved 1400 miles and about 85 gal of diesel. Just got home , will look at pictures and post tomorrow.

I drove about 200 miles to see it, watching the clouds all the way. It was totally overcast off and on, so I was worried, but when I got to the centerline of the eclipse in Illinois there were nothing but high thin wisps that didn't interfere with the show at all. This was my second, and it was spectacular. I guess people arrived 1, 2, 3, or 4 more hours in advance so, while there was definitely traffic all the way from Nashville to Marion, IL, everyone left at the same time, and I have never seen anything like it. It was pretty much bumper-to-bumper from north of Metropolis, IL to Nashville. It took forever to get home. Worth the trip anyway!

TT
[from the atlantic to the pacific,gee the traffic was terrific]

The odds of the moon being 400X smaller than the Sun and 400X nearer, boggles my mind.
I can only conclude we are a video game with the total eclipse expansion pack.
according to some researchers and scientists that is precisely the type of planet we should search for(in the "goldilocks" zone of course,) makes one a little more sure of a planned event,eh?[ the beginning of wisdom- wisdom beckons.,]

I find it funny. This driver is $420.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_220856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240420_220856_Chrome.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 28
Back