Just for fun...

The wheels are falling apart on that monster Recon. A guy wanted to bring it in today so I will be liable for actual and consequential damages when it crashes. It is a bad crash waiting to happen. The 72V 63Ah version is $12,600 before accessories and options.

It is so good that it has 18 reviews, from the executives moms. 20" fat folder hub meet Mr. Seawater.

1694484901892.png

Last edited:
I hate this cartoon as it is anti e-bike and very wrong. The true fact is the traditional cyclist has just bonked and his thoughts are sad and dark. He is jealous and thinks it would be good to swap bikes with the other guy to the end of the ride.

While the e-biker rides with a good battery plan, is happy and only thinks of having the post-ride ale.

I perhaps over-react but it happened too many times to me: a cyclist who hit the wall, riding in the tail of the group with his last water-bottle empty, and telling me he'd love to be on an e-bike now.

Or, that merry comment of a gorgeous female competing gravel cyclist: "Now watch Stefan. He was riding in the tail of the group all the time to conserve the battery but now he will accelerate to be the first on the finish line. He will do it again!" 😃

1694494580445.png

1694494952402.png

Trust me, I did it again. Just for fun! :) (It was me to take those photos, meaning I was waiting for the group I had been riding with. How come?)

Last edited:
I hate this cartoon as it is anti e-bike and very wrong.
Nahhhhh. It isn't anti ebike! It plays off the fact that people have range anxiety in everything battery powered. I can be building something with my drill driver and I'll get to the last of the fasteners and try to squeeze out every watt so I don't have to run for a battery. My TV remote will tell me the battery is low, but I just sat down after a long day. I'll put it off and hope it lasts the evening. And I'll be riding, I might decide to extend my ride, hoping the battery lasts.

Every electric car driver has range anxiety at some point or another. Battery lawn equipment owners pray the pack holds out for the last blade of grass. We all hope our phones and laptops make it through the busy day.

It's not an attack on ebikes, it is a reality of modern living😁

It's not an attack on ebikes, it is a reality of modern living😁
I beg to disagree, as this cartoon is mostly being posted by e-bike haters.
Nahhhhh. It isn't anti ebike! It plays off the fact that people have range anxiety in everything battery powered.
A traditional cyclist on a long ride mostly thinks of being properly nourished and hydrated. They hate headwind and climbing the hills. They get spent in the course of the ride. While any aware e-biker knows his battery range precisely, and does not need to be worried about it. The e-biker spends his own energy equally during the whole ride, that is, he is not tired more on the finish line.

As I said, the meme is wrong and harmful to the e-bike world.

people have range anxiety in everything battery powered
The lovely hippy chick who took her new eBike to Burning Man '23 went with an extra capacity new loaner battery to supplement hers. I think you are on to something @J.R. I wanted to send it to the Grand Canyon this week for a landscape photographer and when she found out she had to buy it. Our town is 4 square miles. That kind of range is just not needed but I think it was the more is better mentality that is so pervasive. For me less is more. It is all about getting to the Zen Garden of less.
I prepped her bike and then restored it on return. The bell made a dull thud and the wheels couldn't move. It was thrashed. I am so glad that I took apart the motor before the trip and sealed it from dust and water incursion. These global flood events are scary. It is not supposed to rain in the Nevada Desert in early September. What about Libya? Weird stuff.

It's so flat in N. Dakota you can watch your dog run away for two days!
I had to live there for one year. The worst part was that dust storms would cover the 35 below snow then you would catch intestinal worms. Flat forever. No water but a small river that went the wrong direction. There were nuc silos, sugar beets, and strodes. It was hot in the Summer and bitter cold in Winter. Sonoma is so much better.

1694624690767.jpeg
1694624748150.jpeg
1694624784659.jpeg

What if the PRC named an Eastern Mongolian political re-education camp Tivvan? So, they could say 'Made in Tivvan' in small white print on the innertubes?

What happens if you cross Jack Nicholson with Richard Nixon?

1696175385083.jpeg

1696093195418.png

This is what you Gaetz.
1696093335196.png

Last edited:
The lovely hippy chick who took her new eBike to Burning Man '23 went with an extra capacity new loaner battery to supplement hers.
I prepped her bike and then restored it on return. The bell made a dull thud and the wheels couldn't move. It was thrashed. I am so glad that I took apart the motor before the trip and sealed it from dust and water incursion. These global flood events are scary. It is not supposed to rain in the Nevada Desert in early September.
Ped
You haven't been around here long enough,
the Black rock Desert is approximately 120 miles long and 20+ miles across at it's widest part, Flat as a pool table, hard and dusty, when it blows, you can't see your hand in front of your face, until it rains, then you can sink up to your door handles, WHEN the ground changes color, you are in BIG DO DO.
I have seen it snow 4-6" deep in/on July 4. They play golf on it, a short put is a 100 yds.
I love the Black Rock, right out my back door, less than 50 miles.

The old saying goes like this,
"If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it'll change."

Back