I just bought an ET.CYCLE T1000

PCeBiker

Region
Canada
There is no ET.CYCLE reviews, so I thought that I would post a thread here along with my Das-Kit cousins.

Information on this bike is really hard to find, but I have learned a few things.

If anyone has any light to shed on this bike, I would greatly appreciate it.

One thing that I have figured out is that my ebike does have an active throttle, but the thumb throttle is useless.
It is nothing more than an on off switch in practice, so I purchased a half twist throttle and 3 pin throttle cable extension to cannibalize to get it to plug into my Das-Kit C7 Display.

It's arriving Saturday, so I should know if it works by Sunday.

Screenshot_20221110-115124_Amazon Shopping.jpg

There is no ET.CYCLE reviews, so I thought that I would post a thread here along with my Das-Kit cousins.

Information on this bike is really hard to find, but I have learned a few things.

If anyone has any light to shed on this bike, I would greatly appreciate it.

One thing that I have figured out is that my ebike does have an active throttle, but the thumb throttle is useless.
It is nothing more than an on off switch in practice, so I purchased a half twist throttle and 3 pin throttle cable extension to cannibalize to get it to plug into my Das-Kit C7 Display.

It's arriving Saturday, so I should know if it works by Sunday.

View attachment 139813
I think that bike uses the same Das-Kit as the other NCM bikes, including my Amego Infinite Plus. I haven't heard that complaint about the thumb throttle. Curious to see how the twist throttle works out for you. If you decide to part with the thumb throttle, PM me and I can take it off your hands.

I think that bike uses the same Das-Kit as the other NCM bikes, including my Amego Infinite Plus. I haven't heard that complaint about the thumb throttle. Curious to see how the twist throttle works out for you. If you decide to part with the thumb throttle, PM me and I can take it off your hands.

OK I'll do that.
I have to wait and see if my new twist throttle works first.
Luckily I can plug it in and test it without messing with anything on the bike except unplugging the thumb throttle.

Does your ebike have the C7 display?

I could have bought this half twist throttle but it didn't show the dimensions of the julet plug.

Screenshot_20221110-180255_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Someone on a Amazon bought a throttle, but the julet plug was a bit bigger and wouldn't fit and I wanted to shorten the 17.7" cord to about 6" anyway.
I also needed to spend $5 more to get free shipping, so I bought this stuff.

Screenshot_20221110-175631_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20221110-175622_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The throttle extension cable showed the dimensions of the plug, so I know that I have the right plug.

Screenshot_20221110-175535_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20221110-175550_Amazon Shopping.jpg

So now I'll wait until Saturday when it arrives to see if it works.

Here's what is said about the twist throttle,..

Screenshot_20221110-182317_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I went with the "full grip" throttle instead of the half grip.

Last edited:
No... it's an L7 Display, but I believe it uses the same throttle

I'm pretty sure that all displays (even BAFANG equipment) runs off 5 volts. It's kind of a standard voltage for electronics and USB devices.

The display sends 5 volts to the throttle where it goes to a variable resistor.
When you are not on the throttle the output wire is 0 volts, and as you move the throttle, the voltage slowly rises to about 4 or 5 volts.

The display uses that voltage to know where your throttle is at.

My useless thumb throttle goes from 0 volts to 5 volts with about 3 mm of throttle movement.

I thought it was just an on off switch until I stuck a piece of popsicle stick in the throttle to jam the throttle open so that I could go riding no hands at 32 km/hr and not have to pedal. Lol

It worked pretty good.
I was full throttle and full power at top speed.
I just had to hit either brake lever to disengage the power then release the brakes to go full speed again.

So yeah, I'm lazy and don't want to pedal or have my hands on the handle bars.

I drove for over half an hour with no hands today, smoking a cigarette.

So much for healthy exercise. Lol

20221110_184930.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that all displays (even BAFANG equipment) runs off 5 volts. It's kind of a standard voltage for electronics and USB devices.

When you are not on the throttle the output wire is 0 volts, and as you move the throttle, the voltage slowly rises to about 4 or 5 volts.

The display uses that voltage to know where your throttle is at.

My useless thumb throttle goes from 0 volts to 5 volts with about 3 mm of throttle movement.

I thought it was just an on off switch until I stuck a piece of popsicle stick in the throttle to jam the throttle open so that I could go riding no hands at 32 km/hr and not have to pedal. Lol

It worked pretty good.
I was full throttle and full power at top speed.
I just had to hit either brake lever to disengage the power then release the brakes to go full speed again.

So yeah, I'm lazy and don't want to pedal or have my hands on the handle bars.

I drove for over half an hour with no hands today, smoking a cigarette.

So much for healthy exercise. Lol

View attachment 139834
I like to pedal and use the throttle occasionally for:
1. Starting from a dead stop
2. A "passing gear" if I have to get by someone in a hurry
So the thumb throttle works well for me.

My twist throttle and extention cable arrived.
I put it together roughly and tested it, and it works.

20221113_113739.jpg

There is a bit of twist on the throttle before it engages, then the speed climbs to max of 32 km/h, then a bit of twist left after maximum.

Now I just need to shorten the cord to about 9 inches and patch it together neatly.

20221113_114831.jpg

I spent a while trying to decide what I was going to do with my throttle.
I ended up combining both my thumb throttle and my twist throttle, hooked up in parallel.

I took my thumb throttle apart and replaced the spring with a rubber washer, so my touchy throttle stays where I set it.

20221114_131013.jpg20221114_131146.jpg20221114_132857.jpg

Now, instead of using PAS modes, I just set the thumb throttle to hold any speed that I set it to.

If I twist the throttle it overrides the thumb throttle and any PAS mode that I have it set at.

Whatever has the highest speed setting takes priority, either the thumb throttle, twist throttle or PAS mode setting.

If I have my thumb throttle set to half, I can twist the throttle to override the thumb throttle.
When I release the throttle, the speed goes back to the thumb throttle setting.
Just like cruise control in a car.

There is no problem if I have both throttles turned up. When I release both throttles, the power shuts off.

If I accidentally have the thumb throttle turned on when I turn on the bike, it doesn't start moving.
The Das-Kit logic knows that the throttle input is wrong and deactivates it.
I just push the throttle to off, then back on, and it starts working again.

I used my throttle extension cable to make a Y connector for the throttles.

20221121_145557.jpg20221121_150124.jpg20221121_150622.jpg

I swooped the throttle cable input to the other side of the display to give me some wire length to work with for soldering.

20221121_151503.jpg

I was wrong about that.

The display does send 5 volts to the throttle, but it doesn't go through a variable resistor.
It uses a magnet moving in front of a hall sensor.

The output of the hall sensor needs to be less than 4.3 volts or more than 0.8 volts or the input signal is rejected.

Screenshot_20221128-170934_Gallery.jpg

This can be emulated with resistors and a variable resistor to make a throttle.

I've got the parts, but it's only for testing purposes.
I don't want to install this on my handlebars with duct tape, silicone and coat hangers. lol

20221128_172435.jpg20221128_172645.jpg

I may in the future get myself one of these to replace my sticky throttle?

Screenshot_20221128-173234_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I decided to buy the $32 auxiliary potentiometer but there is $26 for shipping and then with tax, it would cost over $65.

I'll just use my sticky throttle.
It works OK.
If it loosens up, I'll just stick some bubblegum on it. lol

Finding places to ride,..
Just lift it up over the fence.

20221110_124942.jpg

A guy on a gas powered dirt bike drove his bike past me just in front of the fence.

I jumped the fence and joined him.
There's a trail and huge hills on the other side.

I was more than 20 km from home when I went into the dirt.

I made it home with plenty of battery to spare.

Last edited:
Me too.

I'm not supposed to trespass apparently, but a gas dirt bike just passed in front of me.

I lifted my handlebars over the fence and joined them.
It was awesome, and my bike climbed like a beast.

I've got two throttles now and lots of power.

Not much tread on my tires but enough to work it hard

I climbed 45° or 45% grades.

I don't want more tire grip than my engine can provide. It just wastes power and I don't want to stall it out.

I just wanna get home without a flat.

I'm trying to gauge.

I rode at least 45 km to and from the off road paths.

I didn't pedal more than 30% of the time in total.

I drove up a 45%° whatever grade no problem.
Legs out for balance, the tire spinning, and the throttles pinned.

My motor is limited to 500w with 750w peak, (legally or technically?) but if I have a fully charged battery at 54.6 Volts with 18 Amp peak going to my motor, then I've got 982 Watts to give a serious kick in the butt, especially with it locked in power mode and an on/off switch for a throttle.

Not being able to turn it down to Eco mode is just fricken stupid.

Leon needs a smack upside the head.

I have to break all the rules and void my warranty to turn my power down.

Oh well.
It's worth it.

My brother-in-law came to visit me with his newly purchased 2016 Yukon Voltbike.

Screenshot_20221207-025446_DuckDuckGo.jpg

We went for a 45 minute ride and half way through, we swapped bikes to see what each other's bikes were like.

I hated the seat and riding position on his bike.
The original owner replaced the seat with something that was really uncomfortable, and he also installed longer, straighter handlebars that left me doing a push-up on the handlebars.

I did however, love his thumb throttle.
It had way more movement and you could easily and comfortably pick any throttle position and hold it there.

Then, as we went to swap bikes back my brother-in-law either hit the pedal or the twist throttle and my T1000 took him on a 6 foot trip through the brush on the side of the path.

We drove through a rough path through the bush, and my bike kinda sucked.
I couldn't get it to go slow.
Even with the twist throttle, the first touch of the throttle and the bike lunged to about 6 km/hr in an instant.
I had to keep touching the throttle with pulses and it lurched forward with every pulse.

We ended up back on a gravel road and my phoned beeped so we pulled over so I could check my phone.

I was off my seat standing over my bike trying to reach into my pants pocket and my coat sleeves were getting in the way, so I reached my arms straight out in front of me to pull my sleeves up further, and bumped my sticky throttle.

The bike fricken launched itself, but I managed to get my hands on the handlebars.
The bike stood straight up on the back wheel then fell over to the right, on top of me.

Luckily it was resting on the derailleur crash guard so the back wheel was in the air and just spinning, so I could finally get my hand on the sticky throttle to shut it off.

This whole event took about ½ a second to take place.

I realized then that I needed to do something with my sticky throttle and that I just don't want to try to get used to my stupid ebike being locked in Power Mode.

So I ended up making a bunch of purchases.

I bought a waterproof cutoff switch, a bunch of cords, and a new off-road display.

Screenshot_20221207-030941_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-031331_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-031057_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221207-031003_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20221202-104048_Gallery.jpg

I'm going move my sticky throttle to the left side of the handlebars and install a switch for it.

I was thinking of tying the switch into the brake cutoff switch, but then realized that it would kill the motor all the time, so I decided that im going to splice it into the throttle cable to turn off only the sticky throttle.

I bought a 3 pin Y connector to make a new connection for the left hand side.

I bought the 8 pin cable and 2 pin Y connector just to have them.

I was considering the C7 display from Amego, but it cost $140, plus $25 shipping, plus the tax on both, for a total of $186.

For $68 more I got the Off-road display.
Now I can turn my ebike down to Eco mode, and I won't have the lag when I stop pedaling or start pedaling in PAS modes.

I have no real interest in going 48 km/hr, (except to see what it's like.) especially if I have to pedal Hard to achieve that speed.
My breathing won't allow for that kind of effort.

I intend to use my cruise control mostly anyway, then I can pick my own PAS mode speed.

Back