I am super delighted!

Neville Welsh

Region
Europe
My Superdelite GX with Fox Float arrived a couple of days ago, and it's fantastic. Having only tried it for a relatively short test run before deciding to order it, I was a tiny bit worried it would be too "cushioned". Instead I find it to be quite sporty despite its hefty weight. My bum is currently quite tender but that is to be expected before I get used to a new seat.
I do find it a bit strange that the GX option can vary so much from the different markets. I expected a couple of Fabric bottles, better pedals, and a through axle with quick release with the Rohloff hub, but these are not to be found on my bike. I would very much like the Ergon bar ends but same thing with these and all of this slightly detracts from an otherwise wonderful experience.

Anyway, here's a photo of my new bike:

Attachments

• 899A4419-F221-4229-AF71-B6A91A94937A.jpeg
    899A4419-F221-4229-AF71-B6A91A94937A.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 362
I just received mine a couple days ago and have the same configuration.

I don’t have a dealer in my area, so I bought online and had it shipped. When I got the box it was full of tears and holes. The belt guard got bent, fender arms bent, and the handlebars weren’t centered and lights didn’t work. I fixed the handlebars and reached out to the dealer who is getting me replacement parts. The lights were just a bad connection.

I also didn’t get the GX pedals, bar ends, or the quick release on the rear. They told me that the pedals are a current parts constraint so they’re sending me a different set. I didn’t mention the axle because I hadn’t even checked that until I read it from you. I’m also not worried about the bar ends even though it’s supposed to come with them.

I did get the two Fabric bottles.

Congratulations Neville Welsh and Bruce Brown! Such a lovely bike and lovely Pic from the OP. This is the bike I was intending to get but alas with the changing financial constraints I’ve had to put it on hold.
Still dream about getting one though and God willing maybe fortunes will change:)

I would be really interested in hearing getting a mini review from you guys (if you get the chance…?)

Your intended use on roads, how often you use it , what your previous background and comparison is with bikes and more people importantly what effect it has had on your life?

Congrats once again👍👌

Thanks guys for all your likes and comments :) and congrats with your new bike #BruceBrown - and your Fabric bottles;)
#MC2, I will certainly be writing a short review later on 👍

The Rohloff hub does not use a through axle but rather a quick release skewer. No through axle option available.

I am not sure that the Fabric water bottles work with the front rack. I suspect using a longer bolt for the water bottle buttons might not work as you would not be able to torque the rack down sufficiently without distorting the Fabric plastic mounting buttons.

As to the rest of the items, your dealer should be helping you to get what you ordered and paid for.

Last edited:
My Superdelite GX with Fox Float arrived a couple of days ago, and it's fantastic. Having only tried it for a relatively short test run before deciding to order it, I was a tiny bit worried it would be too "cushioned". Instead I find it to be quite sporty despite its hefty weight. My bum is currently quite tender but that is to be expected before I get used to a new seat.
I do find it a bit strange that the GX option can vary so much from the different markets. I expected a couple of Fabric bottles, better pedals, and a through axle with quick release with the Rohloff hub, but these are not to be found on my bike. I would very much like the Ergon bar ends but same thing with these and all of this slightly detracts from an otherwise wonderful experience.

Anyway, here's a photo of my new bike:
Congrats, nice bike!

The Rohloff hub does not use a through axle but rather a quick release skewer. No through axle option available.

I am not sure that the Fabric water bottles work with the front rack. I suspect using a longer bolt for the water bottle buttons might not work as you would not be able to torque the rack down sufficiently without distorting the Fabric plastic mounting buttons.

As to the rest of the items, your dealer should be helping you to get what you ordered and paid for.
Thanks, I wrongfully assumed it had a throgh axle. Do you know if it' possible to replace the hex key nut with a quick release skewer?

Attachments

• Skjermbilde 2022-07-24 kl. 14.05.20.png
    Skjermbilde 2022-07-24 kl. 14.05.20.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 169
It appears that the hubs are manufactured for a specific axle type, which suggests it may not be possible to change axle type.

Attachments

• FBDE90A8-22EB-4654-9D5E-EA9BF884EDD2.jpeg
    FBDE90A8-22EB-4654-9D5E-EA9BF884EDD2.jpeg
    606 KB · Views: 185
I also have the Superdelite with Fox GX. My understanding is that Rohloff cannot make a through axle, but instead it comes with a quick release on the back and a through axle in the front. Are you saying that yours does not have a quick release skewer? I put a Brooks leather saddle on mine and I love it.

I also have the Superdelite with Fox GX. My understanding is that Rohloff cannot make a through axle, but instead it comes with a quick release on the back and a through axle in the front. Are you saying that yours does not have a quick release skewer? I put a Brooks leather saddle on mine and I love it.
Rohloff hub can be quite sensative to over tightened axles. It can cause inaccurate shifting or damage to seal and oil leaks. Under tight is dangerous as well.

A hex nut skewer can be tightened with a torque wrench to achieve a specified torque value. A QR skewer is guess work at best. It can also accept a hexlox to deter theft.

Rohloff hub can be quite sensative to over tightened axles. It can cause inaccurate shifting or damage to seal and oil leaks. Under tight is dangerous as well.

A hex nut skewer can be tightened with a torque wrench to achieve a specified torque value. A QR skewer is guess work at best. It can also accept a hexlox to deter theft.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! So, maybe it's best to keep it hex key nuts to make sure the Rohloff is kept in good working order. I don't fancy carrying a big heavy torque wrench with me all the time, but I have ordered a roadside assistance service in case of a mechanical failure or a flat far away from home. In a worst case scenario a truck will transport the bike to the nearest workshop - or home.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! So, maybe it's best to keep it hex key nuts to make sure the Rohloff is kept in good working order. I don't fancy carrying a big heavy torque wrench with me all the time, but I have ordered a roadside assistance service in case of a mechanical failure or a flat far away from home. In a worst case scenario a truck will transport the bike to the nearest workshop - or home.
What roadside assistance do you have? Or do you also just call my wife and ask her to pick you up.

What roadside assistance do you have? Or do you also just call my wife and ask her to pick you up.
😄 Seems like you have the perfect roadside assistance Lumos! The Norwegian Automobile Association is a membership based organisation much like the RAC in the UK. It sparked quite a controversy when they decided to offer membership for bicyclists as traditionally most motorists here loathe bicycles. It's a brilliant idea though and costs only 599,- NOK which is aproximately 60,- USD. It includes transport for you and the bike to your home or nearest garage and can be used up to three times a year.

I contacted my dealer and they've sorted out the issue with the missing parts from the GX option. The Ergon "bar ends" are ordered and on the way and the proper pedals have been fixed to the bike. They couldn't get hold of Ergon seat but provided me with a Selle Royal Lookin Gel seat - and what a difference it made. The one that came with the bike was pure torture. The new seat makes you relax and just get on with riding the bike. It's surprising how much a difference a good seat can do with your riding style. You gain confidence and can be more playful instead of having to brace yourself before you hit a bump.

I'm still on the fence with the auto downshift and deactiveted it for a while, but ended up with activating it again. The area I live in is mountainous and I found that you have to be more deliberate whith which gear you wish to use when approaching hills. But it is a great feature when commuting and you have to stop for a red light.
I absolutely love this bike and have planned a few routes on Komoot and as soon as the weather permits I'll be off for a longer ride :)

Neville - could you please post a picture of what the "proper pedals" look like? It looks like my SD has come in a very similar configuration to yours, and I'm curious to see if I got the right pedals or not.. Thanks :)

Neville - could you please post a picture of what the "proper pedals" look like? It looks like my SD has come in a very similar configuration to yours, and I'm curious to see if I got the right pedals or not.. Thanks :)
Certainly :) Here's a pic of the new pedals (VP 538) They are not massively different but they do have small studs to keep your foot in place in slippery conditions. I suspect that will come in handy next winter.
DEAFAAF4-5CFA-4401-8CC4-BA6B76DF5644.jpeg
I also bought a new courier-style bag instead of the old Ortlieb - think it's called Urban, which is rather large. This one from Vaude is only 14 litres but still large enough for the daily commute, and has just enough space for a 13 inch PC, a small Stanley Thermos, my lunch and an extra bike lock - and maybe some groceries on the way home too.E84C7FAD-B73C-4F43-8B49-48A8C74BDAB9.jpeg

Back