I AM DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it sure is, I just got home from the lbs, (11mi or so)!!! I didn't even have to use the electrics for the trip. It rides super smooth as an acoustic bike. In real life it is amazing! It is a glossy black with a deep grayish color. A lot better than the photos on Trek website. I can't wipe this smile off my face 🤩. I couldn't get my conscience to accept the upgrade even though the lbs was going to take the hit. They gave me credit for the full purchase of the Allant, and gave me credit for the all upgrades I had put on. Ended up only owing 670 some odd bucks. Definitely still a great deal...

More to follow, soon as I figure out how to put it under the pillow and get a wonderful night's sleep, dreaming of Powerfly's hahahahaha

This is short vid like 20 secs or so. File too big to post here.

That is a seriously gorgeous bike my friend! Congratulations.

Best of luck being made whole again!
The irony for me is that we have an ebike at my LBS getting the final touches done (update of firmware and handlebar stem) and I was just talking with my insurance agent about adding it to my policy. Almost $600 per year for the 2 of them!
So my question (if I may ask) is do you have any insurance on the 8s and, if so, what kind of coverage do you have?
Looking at all of the insurances out there in the discussion ion insurance, State Farm was the only name that kept popping up. In WV the only company I could find was Markel. They wanted 400.00 for 2 Trek 3K bikes plus tons of options. Most home owner policies will not cover Ebikes in any way shape or form. I surly wish to be corrected on this, but I bet it is by state, rather than by company.

Looking at all of the insurances out there in the discussion ion insurance, State Farm was the only name that kept popping up. In WV the only company I could find was Markel. They wanted 400.00 for 2 Trek 3K bikes plus tons of options. Most home owner policies will not cover Ebikes in any way shape or form. I surly wish to be corrected on this, but I bet it is by state, rather than by company.
200 a year per bike doesn't sound ridiculous for 6k worth of gear...

I looked at these guys and the rates looked ok. Not sure how they are on paying claims though. Buyer beware.

200 a year per bike doesn't sound ridiculous for 6k worth of gear...

I looked at these guys and the rates looked ok. Not sure how they are on paying claims though. Buyer beware.

If you page down to the bottom of the page....Markel! They may be the only ones? So now Velo is the in-between. I don’t see that there is a lot of choices out there. Please, somebody prove that there are some choices out there.

I must be very fortunate, my homeowner insurer accepted coverage for my ebike. They are a local mutual company I have been with for over 40 years.

My insurance added a rider, like you do for jewelry . About $250 with $100 deductible. Fully covered.

Called up on my renters insurance I have through Geico, they said there would be no coverage at all on the ebike, but my non power assist bike is insured. Can't add any type of rider to the coverage..

Back