I AM DEVASTATED!!!!!!!!!!

this an offline feature?
Offline feature.

Is it in the display or in the bike ?
bike (motor, specifically)

Comprehensive theft protection: RX-Connect and RX-Service​

An optional thief protection tracker called RX-Connect will soon be released. This tracker sits deep inside the drive-slot and draws its power from the main battery. In addition the tracker has its very own battery in case the main battery is removed. Thanks to cutting edge narrowband IoT technology the chip is extremely energy-efficient and can run on its own power for another 5 months.

Riese-Mueller-RX-Rider-Experience-Eurobike2018-AM-4-von-4-810x540.jpg

The hardware is built-in in the drive-compartment and is therefore inaccessible. However, an eye-catching sticker warns potential thieves that the bike is fitted with an anti-theft tracker — a perfect deterrent.
And there’s more. If customers who subscribed to the RX-Service suffer a theft all they have to do is call the hotline and report their bike stolen. At this point, they just have to be patient while their case is taken care of and wait to get their bike back. If the bike doesn’t turn up within a certain time frame the stolen bike will be replaced with a brand new one. Due to the nature of the service, the RX service doesn’t have a one-off payment option but needs to be purchased through a yearly subscription which costs € 99/PA.

Offline feature.
If technical support can still help you then it is not very safe.

bike (motor, specifically)

Now that is good. Yes you will have a yearly subscription since these devices usually need to use cellular network but I think it is a good insurance at least for the first couple of years. Maybe there is a way you can offer this kind of a service to your customers in the future.

Okay, I went to find out all the skinny, seems a guy was milling around the store under the radar, and when the two employees were distracted, busy with others he just calmly walked out with my bike! I guess I should be flattered he picked mine, they had just gotten a new shipment of bikes and had the store full of new models. The store is kinda small, about 20' wide and about 60 feet or so long. Still, it does sting! The manager was great and very apologetic, and said he would order me a new one, only it seems that this is a popular model nowadays, and said it would be 6 weeks or so. That is a bummer, he did offer me a comparable ride, and the only one there was a Powerfly FS9 Equipped! So I will pick it up on Friday after he builds it up!

Wow! that one is like 1700 bucks more and he said it was okay since I am a loyal customer for years now. They really stepped up, I almost feel guilty in accepting it. I did have about 800 bucks in upgrades though, so he said that their insurance would cover them also!

Yes, I did only have 300 miles but they were quality miles and I did bond pretty quickly. I am sure I will equally be as happy with the Powerfly.

Thanks for the comments people, Ride On!!!!🥰🎃 Will post some pix and review when I get the new girl!
Is that the 2021 version worth 6K ?

That Powerfly looks awesome. Is it the 2021 model?
Yes, it sure is, I just got home from the lbs, (11mi or so)!!! I didn't even have to use the electrics for the trip. It rides super smooth as an acoustic bike. In real life it is amazing! It is a glossy black with a deep grayish color. A lot better than the photos on Trek website. I can't wipe this smile off my face 🤩. I couldn't get my conscience to accept the upgrade even though the lbs was going to take the hit. They gave me credit for the full purchase of the Allant, and gave me credit for the all upgrades I had put on. Ended up only owing 670 some odd bucks. Definitely still a great deal...

More to follow, soon as I figure out how to put it under the pillow and get a wonderful night's sleep, dreaming of Powerfly's hahahahaha

This is short vid like 20 secs or so. File too big to post here.

Okay, I went to find out all the skinny, seems a guy was milling around the store under the radar, and when the two employees were distracted, busy with others he just calmly walked out with my bike! I guess I should be flattered he picked mine, they had just gotten a new shipment of bikes and had the store full of new models. The store is kinda small, about 20' wide and about 60 feet or so long. Still, it does sting! The manager was great and very apologetic, and said he would order me a new one, only it seems that this is a popular model nowadays, and said it would be 6 weeks or so. That is a bummer, he did offer me a comparable ride, and the only one there was a Powerfly FS9 Equipped! So I will pick it up on Friday after he builds it up!

Wow! that one is like 1700 bucks more and he said it was okay since I am a loyal customer for years now. They really stepped up, I almost feel guilty in accepting it. I did have about 800 bucks in upgrades though, so he said that their insurance would cover them also!

Yes, I did only have 300 miles but they were quality miles and I did bond pretty quickly. I am sure I will equally be as happy with the Powerfly.

Thanks for the comments people, Ride On!!!!🥰🎃 Will post some pix and review when I get the new girl!
Sometimes thieves will work as a team, where one individual distracts the employees while the other makes off with the goods. Pretty hard to prove the guy doing the distracting was part of the scheme.

Sometimes thieves will work as a team, where one individual distracts the employees while the other makes off with the goods. Pretty hard to prove the guy doing the distracting was part of the scheme.
That could be a pretty good chance, the lbs is usually on the spot with helping you with whatever you need. I hope the thief gets the karma he deserves. Ride On...

I cannot believe it, my lbs just called, some a$$hol3 stole my Allant +8 S Stagger last night while the store was OPEN!!!!! I had dropped it off for its 300 mile free tune-up. Tech that does the diagnostic machine was off and was going to do it by tomorrow. I'm going to the lbs now to get the details...Grrrrrrr🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Many years ago I had a new bike stolen; it ended up being the guy who sold it to me that stole it.

Back