How Many e-Bikes do you have and ride ??

So far , Thank you all for you replies. This little post is just for me. I'm glad I've posted because,
while folks on EBR will almost certainly never meet in person, just to know what others ride, it's nice
to know what a little of the human side of our 'sport' / hobby.

Lord knows we spend enough time on tires and chains and gear ratios etc Yawn : ) You get what I mean.

Thanks again,
John
Perfectly put John. For the record 1 ebike here, three non electric & love toying what number 2 ebike would be.

I also have an electric scooter. It's a 2020 Apollo Pro. It can go about 35 mph, but honestly after 20 I find it unsafe. I have it in ECO mode all the time. The scooter is limited to 15 mph. I use this to take my kid to school each day (it's not raining). It's got dual 1000w motors and going uphill and 13mph is easy business. The kid loves to ride on there with me. The library just opened up down the street from us, so we will be making some rides there. So, yeah, 2 ebikes and one scooter.

Two ebikes in our household, both 2023 Surface 604 V Rooks. These torque-sensing 500W hub-drive commuters with throttles are nothing fancy but more than meet our recreational and utility needs. Changed the tires and gearing on mine to facilitate low-assist pedaling in our hilly terrain and to improve off-road and especially on-beach ability. Tons of fun.

20230919_173152.jpg

Our Thule EasyFold XT hitch rack with folding ramp can haul both at once. Clever design.

Last edited:
Two, Aventon Pace 500 first version with 2.5K miles, RadMission (discontinued) no odometer but probably 1.5K miles-really nice simple e-bike. My brother got the Lektric and loves it so I ride that from time to time.

I'm definitely starting to consider what my next bike should be and whether I want another e-bike with a mid-drive/belt drive/IGH or if I'd rather get a standard bike like a mountain bike or a commuter with an IGH/belt.

I love fantasizing about what my next bike would be, but honestly I just really love the frame of my Ride1Up 700. We’ve been through a lot, it fits me well, and I’ve done a lot of work to it (which is worth the effort given how I feel when it all works and I’m done). So rather than getting a new bike and figuring out what to do with the old bike, I’m looking at other features that newer e-bikes have and am going to be working on my bike to add those features.

My plan is to install a Cycle Analyst, BaseRunner Z9, and a T15 torque sensor. I’ve done lots of research and know it will all fit and have looked at ALL the wiring methods for these. I’m not rushing into this so I am sure to get it right. I know there are other cheaper methods to achieve what I want, but I still want the bike to look clean….ish and I love that I can use my computer to set parameters of the units as well. The cost is also part of why I’m waiting, but ultimately it’s cheaper than getting a new bike that I’d have to work on to get the fit “just right”, though there is a sale on the BaseRunner I want. Hhmmm so many decisions.

Just bought my 2nd Himiway. My 1st was the original Himiway Cruiser, which I will ride still on occasion, especially if I am feeling "lazier." My new one is the new Himiway A7 Pro, mid-drive, full-suspension urban cruiser. I may see about putting on some knobbier tires on the A7 to try it on a trail or 2. I rode it yesterday on some single-track, but the tires were slipping noticeably in the rockier areas.
When looking at a 2nd bike, the other bike that I still think about that I absolutely loved test-riding was the Euphree City Robin X+. I can't imagine a more comfortable ride.

Two, Aventon Pace 500 first version with 2.5K miles, RadMission (discontinued) no odometer but probably 1.5K miles-really nice simple e-bike. My brother got the Lektric and loves it so I ride that from time to time.

I'm definitely starting to consider what my next bike should be and whether I want another e-bike with a mid-drive/belt drive/IGH or if I'd rather get a standard bike like a mountain bike or a commuter with an IGH/belt.
I bought a mid-drive as I don't consider myself a lazy rider, and it rides great... exactly as it is supposed to. However, I am coming around to the realization that maybe I am the lazy rider I didn't think i was. The hub drive is easier... to me, at least. I'm sure I'll get used to shifting gears all the time again.

Perfectly put John. For the record 1 ebike here, three non electric & love toying what number 2 ebike would be.
My reply to All,

This is my second followup on my post... I'm finding the Posts fascinating. I'm seeing a 'pattern'
and that pattern is there is none.... I would have never guessed there would such a
blend of bikes, uses, styles of riding. I guess this is an unseen value to riding our e-bikes vs
'acoustic', which by their nature are limited to what they are....That's not a knock.

John

So far , Thank you all for you replies. This little post is just for me. I'm glad I've posted because,
while folks on EBR will almost certainly never meet in person, just to know what others ride, it's nice
to know what a little of the human side of our 'sport' / hobby.

Lord knows we spend enough time on tires and chains and gear ratios etc Yawn : ) You get what I mean.

Thanks again,
John
You are making good choices in bikes. I have purchased 7 Treks (5 e-bikes) in the past 4 years.
My favorite in the Allant 7s ~9k miles. Recently bought an 8s that I will now keep at my AZ home. Another great bike. 1,400 miles this winter. I also have a Verve+3 that I have abandoned. My wife rides a Verve+2 and a Verve 4s. All bikes get very regular maintenance and care. All have been exceptionally reliable, dependable and comfortable. I have also added a goodly number of accessories and upgrades.

I gotta say I like Avalanche’s Creo 2 and Gazelle combination… that sounds pretty good to me. For the past couple of years I’ve been on my Creo and my 2018 Giant Toughroad, sort of making a game time decision every day which one it will be. This spring the Toughroad is moving to my son’s house and I’m all in on the Creo. I’ll still have occasional access to the Toughroad if needed, like for the new rail trail between Lake Placid and Tupper Lake (only open as far as Saranac so far, though) - it’s Class 1 and I hear people are a little aggressive about that, and no one in the Adirondacks is going to be fooled into thinking a Creo is a Class 1.

So, maybe a Tero 5 sneaks into the mix and I don’t do the Class 3 upgrade? Not likely though, that Creo is terrific and the light weight and maneuverability are just great. And I have more space in the garage!

Good thread and nice to hear from you again, John!

Last edited:
Two. An emtb (YT Decoy) and e-gravel (Giant Revolt-E). Wife also has a Decoy and a Liv Thrive.

Also have a bunch of non electrics. Soma Saga (touring bike), Ibis Silk (road bike), Motobecane Century Ti (endurance road/gravel), Evil DOC (dirt jumper), Ibis Mojo HD (mtb), Catrike Speed (recumbent trike). Wife has a Raleigh road bike, an old Raleigh hybrid and a Giant Trance mtb. I've sold or given away a bunch of the non-electric collection over the past few years, if you believe it.

2 Espin Sports, 2 Ride 1 Up Gravelsters, 1 Aventon Level2 and the Partrige in a Pear Tree is the first purchase-a Lectric XP original model that my son has since converted into a BMX contraption! I had a Frey CC but sold it awhile back. My kids have 3 and I have 3. I my daily driver tends to be the Level2...

I have 2, though I may be changing the line-up in a couple of weeks.

Currently:
20" fat folder (Spark Mini) that I've relegated to commuting to work and larger load grocery getting.
1711652123452.png

Added the OHM Cruise about 5 years ago, which is my day tripper though this past year it's my general go to. I didn't miss the throttle (much).

20200828_143421.jpg

Though I'm currently considering selling or giving away the fat folder and replacing it with a Cube Reaction EXC 750.

I'd consider a lighter e-bike like the Orbea Urrun or Vado SL as a more XC excursion bike, but a non-removeable battery is basically a non-starter.

My hobby is converting ebikes. I've given away many to family members, and I would have to think about how many bikes are in the garage right now. I'll just talk about a few of them.

Our two folders have close to 6000 miles each that I converted in 2016, They're between 32 and 38 lbs, depending on batteries. Fit inside the station wagon, but often carried on a hitch rack. Been everywhere. Nice and light.
1_big two.jpg

Last year, we started riding our mid drive torque sensor conversions, The blue Raleigh brings back memories when my wife and I rode 10 speeds in the 70's. The TSDZ2 system is modest power and can give the rider a good workout, I rode mine today for 6 miles with my grandkid and never turned on the motor.
1 -tsdz2.jpg

And finally a pair of hub motor beaters. The left side is my first ebike converted in 2016, my kid's old steel Trek 800. Motor kit and battery cost $480 and it was trouble free. It did have a crude e-level pedal assist, but I was used to it. This winter, I picked up some closeout 48 volt batteries. Since the Trek was only a 36V bike, I put in a 48V controller with vastly improved pedal response, Now I find a lot more fun to ride.

On the right side is my e-cruiser. It's front drive and would spin out on real sand. Spins out on snow too. I have some fake black leather saddlebags for it, The rear rack is oak. One tradeoff is that the motor has an irritating frame resonance. Tried two motors. I filled the forks with construction foam which helped, but I plan to fill the frame next, The pedals even vibrate.
1 twins.jpg

I gotta say I like Avalanche’s Creo 2 and Gazelle combination… that sounds pretty good to me. For the past couple of years I’ve been on my Creo and my 2018 Giant Toughroad, sort of making a game time decision every day which one it will be. This spring the Toughroad is moving to my son’s house and I’m all in on the Creo. I’ll still have occasional access to the Toughroad if needed, like for the new rail trail between Lake Placid and Tupper Lake (only open as far as Saranac so far, though) - it’s Class 1 and I hear people are a little aggressive about that, and no one in the Adirondacks is going to be fooled into thinking a Creo is a Class 1.

So, maybe a Tero 5 sneaks into the mix and I don’t do the Class 3 upgrade? Not likely though, that Creo is terrific and the light weight and maneuverability are just great. And I have more space in the garage!

Good thread and nice to hear from you again, John!

Hi Dave,
Very interesting enjoyable post. One again you've proven what I never suspected when I started this tread, there's
a huge amount of cycling diversity in 'our EBR world'... I would have never known or guessed. I'm finding
enjoyable to read how we use our e-Bikes.

Hopefully folks new to e-Bikes will be encouraged to get involved, buy 'that' e-bike and get out on the Trail or road.
From what I've read and I'm sure others have as well, bike sales have taken a significant drop. Trek has a big sale
on select models...I just took delivery yesterday on a Trel Allant+7s ( $1000 discount ) ...Get this. I bought the Allant
without ever riding it.

I took it for a very quick spin...In a word... Incredible !!! From what can tell it's my XM700 and my Powerfly7 in one bike.
Absolutely staggering amount of torque (85Nm) which was the main reason for purchasing. I share should others have
an interest
in the bike.

My hobby is converting ebikes. I've given away many to family members, and I would have to think about how many bikes are in the garage right now. I'll just talk about a few of them.

Our two folders have close to 6000 miles each that I converted in 2016, They're between 32 and 38 lbs, depending on batteries. Fit inside the station wagon, but often carried on a hitch rack. Been everywhere. Nice and light.
View attachment 173254

Last year, we started riding our mid drive torque sensor conversions, The blue Raleigh brings back memories when my wife and I rode 10 speeds in the 70's. The TSDZ2 system is modest power and can give the rider a good workout, I rode mine today for 6 miles with my grandkid and never turned on the motor.
View attachment 173255

And finally a pair of hub motor beaters. The left side is my first ebike converted in 2016, my kid's old steel Trek 800. Motor kit and battery cost $480 and it was trouble free. It did have a crude e-level pedal assist, but I was used to it. This winter, I picked up some closeout 48 volt batteries. Since the Trek was only a 36V bike, I put in a 48V controller with vastly improved pedal response, Now I find a lot more fun to ride.

On the right side is my e-cruiser. It's front drive and would spin out on real sand. Spins out on snow too. I have some fake black leather saddlebags for it, The rear rack is oak. One tradeoff is that the motor has an irritating frame resonance. Tried two motors. I filled the forks with construction foam which helped, but I plan to fill the frame next, The pedals even vibrate.
View attachment 173256
Hi HarryS,
Absolutely incredible work ! I can tell by your attention to detail you're a true craftsman. You referenced 'beaters' :) Those
are the finest looking 'beaters' ( not ) I've ever seen.

I have 2 now, both are very close to each other, used for cross country trail riding and any thing else I want to ride.
Have over 1200 miles on the Wart Hog MD 750 and only 45 miles on the new Juggernaut Ultra Duo 4, awaiting a Sram 9sp rear derailleur to replace the damaged one that came on the bike. Both are mid drive and torque sensing, with 11/34 and 13/34 gearing 44t up front.

Here is a family photo, the new Jugg 4 doesn't like this now, sports F/R baskets, side mirrors, mini camera's F/R, new non slip pedals, "Cloud 9 seat", Garman 60cxz GPS, left side half twist throttle for now.

Back