How did you name your e-bike?

I agree Steve. It is a chameleon. I am starting to like the color(s). I ride dressed up in bright attire when riding on the road because it isn’t very visible. I also use a Garmin radar which lets me know if cars are coming up behind me. That being said, I had my heart set on blue! The suspension is super on the trail and smoothes out some ridiculous pot holes on the road. Great investment all around. This bike is a joy to ride. 🚴‍♀️

Anna,
Is that a dropper seat post on your Liv?
Are you able to use it at stops in order to securely place you feet on the ground?
I might get a dropper post but first need to test rides some bikes that have them.

Anna,
Is that a dropper seat post on your Liv?
Are you able to use it at stops in order to securely place you feet on the ground?
I might get a dropper post but first need to test rides some bikes that have them.
That is a dropper seat post, Marci... so easy to get started from a stop I have only used it a few times while riding but doubt I’ll use it much... 😁

Last edited:
ROGER

Red Older Guy's Electric Ride

2020 Giant Fathom E +1 Pro

20200723_110736.jpg

"Shall we go for a ride and maybe a beverage?"
"Roger that!"

😉🚲🍻

I named my bike "Sparky". I know, I know, it's obvious name for an ebike, but it actually stems from long ago when I was in the Amish country. I took a horse carriage ride and the driver would whip a half dead horse and whenever he moved, he called him good boy Sparky. Hence, I name my new "horse" Sparky.

I am surprised there are not more female riders here chiming in! We typically give everything names!

My sturdy workhorse, a Gazelle NL, is called Large Marge named after Marge Simpson from the TV Sitcom, the Simpsons.

The bike is blue like the character’s distinctive beehive. She’s a mix of fun, form, and function. I use her to commute to work, run errands and weekend excursions!

Beautiful bike. 😉

1597034247157.png

FlatSix911: that Gazelle looks awesome!
CaptSlow: a big +1 for Chrissy Hynde in any iteration.
My wife's Como 3 is a fabulous robin egg blue, she digs it, but has no name.
The bike that is.

Loving that luxurious seat post at the back. And the colour accents on the front grips and pedals! Stands out!
wife needed it her tailbone killed her starting with the 20 minute demo ride it was a battle but bumps were super painful. she is blind but can see colors and green or blue are her favorites.

wife needed it her tailbone killed her starting with the 20 minute demo ride it was a battle but bumps were super painful. she is blind but can see colors and green or blue are her favorites.
It stands to reason that if you cannot see the bumps coming you will take the worst hits on your butt since you never stand on the pedals, unless of course the pilot warns you.

It stands to reason that if you cannot see the bumps coming you will take the worst hits on your butt since you never stand on the pedals, unless of course the pilot warns you.
I warn her but even the small ones were bad will we found the right seat. the fork is good enough I don't need one like on my regular e bike.

My wife came up with the name of Red Queen for my Frey CC. Seems fitting given my undying devotion to the bike.

1gqLrWWYUT2Fz6F0bO3iPT85iJpJBLUqjUIT4y2tAB7nVB7PuHk8aXqd6TuI4o5dMCkbCAjv6IMG9n0_wNxsVJaXT7CSjQm0uFcDcMVb3Q1yfwTMlq-vkF39mo5DmpHtzUl8LE54Wg=s0

1588733377991-png.51646

For my Luna X1 I decided to go with Dark Diva. Dark was the obvious choice for first name given the matte carbon finish, but wasn't sure about last name, until I noticed the saddle that came with the bike was a WTB Deva. Dark Diva it would be. My wife approved.

1592352255525-png.55742

My wife came up with the name of Red Queen for my Frey CC. Seems fitting given my undying devotion to the bike.

1gqLrWWYUT2Fz6F0bO3iPT85iJpJBLUqjUIT4y2tAB7nVB7PuHk8aXqd6TuI4o5dMCkbCAjv6IMG9n0_wNxsVJaXT7CSjQm0uFcDcMVb3Q1yfwTMlq-vkF39mo5DmpHtzUl8LE54Wg=s0

1588733377991-png.51646

For my Luna X1 I decided to go with Dark Diva. Dark was the obvious choice for first name given the matte carbon finish, but wasn't sure about last name, until I noticed the saddle that came with the bike was a WTB Deva. Dark Diva it would be. My wife approved.

1592352255525-png.55742
Our ebikes seem to take on personalities like a good horse the more we ride them. Great names, beautiful photos. 🙂🚴‍♀️

Back