How did you name your e-bike?

My wife came up with the name of Red Queen for my Frey CC. Seems fitting given my undying devotion to the bike.
WOW! Those shrubs have "gumball disease". Where is that? Nice photos!

My wife came up with the name of Red Queen for my Frey CC. Seems fitting given my undying devotion to the bike.

1gqLrWWYUT2Fz6F0bO3iPT85iJpJBLUqjUIT4y2tAB7nVB7PuHk8aXqd6TuI4o5dMCkbCAjv6IMG9n0_wNxsVJaXT7CSjQm0uFcDcMVb3Q1yfwTMlq-vkF39mo5DmpHtzUl8LE54Wg=s0

1588733377991-png.51646

For my Luna X1 I decided to go with Dark Diva. Dark was the obvious choice for first name given the matte carbon finish, but wasn't sure about last name, until I noticed the saddle that came with the bike was a WTB Deva. Dark Diva it would be. My wife approved.

1592352255525-png.55742
Nice bikes ...which one do you favor the most? They are both much too clean. How many miles have you put on them?

Those were taken new in the front / back yard. I favor the Red Queen for all around city use and gravel paths. 750 miles since May. The Dark Diva goes with me on hikes to cut down logging road approaches. 20 pounds lighter and can fit in the back of the SUV. Not many miles but will need a sponge bath soon.

Those were taken new in the front / back yard. I favor the Red Queen for all around city use and gravel paths. 750 miles since May. The Dark Diva goes with me on hikes to cut down logging road approaches. 20 pounds lighter and can fit in the back of the SUV. Not many miles but will need a sponge bath soon.

Your property and views are amazing. 😲

ROGER

Red Older Guy's Electric Ride

2020 Giant Fathom E +1 Pro

View attachment 60049

"Shall we go for a ride and maybe a beverage?"
"Roger that!"

😉🚲🍻
Now need to work out a new name for my new Intrigue X E+3

20211211_125406.jpg

I don't think she'd (it's a she on this one) would want to be called "Why did you need another e-bike?"...
As much as I would consider it appropriate, I won't call her "N+1" either as it's too impersonal and will likely need to be re-used. :cool:

Now need to work out a new name for my new Intrigue X E+3
Triguette (tree-get) perhaps? :)

I have had a hard time how to name my Vado SL. "Turbo SnaiL"? Haha! There was a time where I referred to my SL as to just "The Bike" as it resembled a bike very much. Eventually, it has become "Fearless" as in HMS Fearless, or the light cruiser of one Cpt. Honor Harrington (David Weber's S-F prose). Even if riding conditions are terrible, I always feel stronger riding a Fearless!

I call my ebike Stefanie... but only when using the throttle. "c'mon Stefanie... you know you like it!"

I should name mine Brandon. That way every time I burst out of the garage this coming spring I can yell “Let’s Go Brandon!” ….
Who enjoys it more when you burst out of the garage and ride sans saddle?? You or Brandon?

Apologies to those who have seen the pictures before. Survivor both because the bike has literally survived a long time -- since the mid '90s or so -- but also because it got me through the first pandemic surge...

Survivor Smallest.jpeg

And Seeker, because we're always searching for (and often finding) obscure trails and places to ride in the Hollywood Hills and Verdugo "mountains," Glendale, Burbank, etc. Also after the little known, early song by The Who.

Moto Ultra Grif Park Small.jpeg

Well "John Wayne" and I crashed and burnt yesterday,
no damage done, just a little mud in the eye, wet pants from falling thru a ice covered mud hole.
Now, I can go and enjoy it, it's gotten dirty and slight scratches.....LOL
Tia,
Don

Doctor Whizzy Flyer here. They are a Ride1Up 700 Series. It's all stock, not counting the bell, phone mount, mirror, drink holder, and rechargable blinky rear tail light. I've almost had it a year now.

Never named one of my bicycles before this one, a Haibike Full FatSix. So after watching "Itchy Boots" Noraly Schoenmaker for several years now on youtube as she has taken on some significant solo expeditions, it occured to me a few years ago that "Noraly", it is, in honor of one brave and gutsy young Dutch woman!

Here she is, taking on South Africa's Sani Pass, on her Honda 250 enduro motorcycle:

100_5828.JPG

And here is her namesake, on the Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park towpath, just a few days ago, in the sweet light of late winter.....

100_5830.JPG

She'll never see Sani Pass in SA or Tierra Del Fuego/Ushuaia like Itchy Boots has, but as we all have learned with our own ebikes, every trip out the front door can open up an adventure all to it's own! :)

Back