How did you name your e-bike?

Well "John Wayne" and I crashed and burnt yesterday,
no damage done, just a little mud in the eye, wet pants from falling thru a ice covered mud hole.
Now, I can go and enjoy it, it's gotten dirty and slight scratches.....LOL
Tia,
Don
That should be the worst that ever happens, take care.

John
I hope that is the worst that happens,
But, knowing me, I don't think so, haven't drawn any blood yet........LOL
But I am being careful I think.
Tia,
Don

It's official :)
As my speed Vado 5.0 was rebuilt and upgraded to version 6.0 by Specialized, I decided I have now owned a brand new e-bike.
It was "Highway Star"
It is "Roadrunner" :) (Do not confuse with Rad Runner) :D

Replace the word "drive" with "ride" and that's how I feel on my Roadrunner!

My daughter said my bike is ridiculous when I showed pictures of it.
So I named it 'Da Ridiculous Bike'
Haha. My wife and kids calls my scooter ridiculous!

Attachments

• 2DEBB63D-AA48-44E4-86F7-2E12EB88D3BD.jpeg
    2DEBB63D-AA48-44E4-86F7-2E12EB88D3BD.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 123
  • E53B1CD5-DF8B-4079-AE06-9D458F9E22C7.jpeg
    E53B1CD5-DF8B-4079-AE06-9D458F9E22C7.jpeg
    345.7 KB · Views: 120
If I could train one to clean its room, I'd buy a horse. One of those Icelandic horses that follows you around like a dog and likes to sleep next to your bed. They are about my size, too. I was eating my lunch standing up at the Icelandic horse congress, and one of them came to me & stood next to me watching my back for wolves.

This is a horse in a field in a tiny village in Asturias, Spain. It is just about one meter, maybe four feet, at the shoulder, but it has a full size torso and head. It's like a corgi horse!
PXL_20221007_093557578.jpg

It took us 17 days to name one of our kids*. It took an hour to name our puppy, and about 20 minutes to name the truck. Name the bike? Ain't nobody got time for that.

*I wanted to name him Colby Jack, wife yelled at me that we're not naming him after cheese.

It took us 17 days to name one of our kids*. It took an hour to name our puppy, and about 20 minutes to name the truck. Name the bike? Ain't nobody got time for that.

*I wanted to name him Colby Jack, wife yelled at me that we're not naming him after cheese.
Wait, you had time to name your puppy but not your bike??

Could be grounds for dismissal from the forum.

Wait, you had time to name your puppy but not your bike??

Could be grounds for dismissal from the forum.
There was a lot of contention about naming the puppy. I wasn't allowed any input into naming one of the cats when I suggested it should be named Schrodinger because it lived in a box. Then they wanted to cut me out of naming my puppy. That's how she ended up with the name of Jemimah Amelia Fizzbin The First. Maybe I should just name the bike "Cheap Piece of Chinese DTC Junk"

There was a lot of contention about naming the puppy. I wasn't allowed any input into naming one of the cats when I suggested it should be named Schrodinger because it lived in a box. Then they wanted to cut me out of naming my puppy. That's how she ended up with the name of Jemimah Amelia Fizzbin The First. Maybe I should just name the bike "Cheap Piece of Chinese DTC Junk"
Wait, the cat ended up Jemimah Amelia Fizzbin The First and they were worried your input??

With you all the way on Schrodinger. Assuming a live cat going into the the box, just keep the lid open to reduce the chance of a dead cat coming out. Works on both classical and quantum levels.

Last edited:
Wait, the cat ended up Jemimah Amelia Fizzbin The First and they were worried your input??

With you all the way on Schrodinger. Assuming a live cat going into the the box, just keep the lid open to reduce the chance of a dead cat coming out. Works on both classical and quatum levels.
No, the puppy is Jemimah. The cat, I don't remember it's name, but it didn't live long, but it has since been resigned to being in a box buried in the garden. I can guarantee, it is dead. We checked. It had a birth defect that caused it's short life, it was a stray my daughter started to take care of.

Maybe I'll name my ebike "Louise" after this verse in the 1929 Maurice Chevalier song of the same name:

Every little breeze seems to whisper "Louise."
Birds in the trees seem to twitter "Louise."

After all, getting me outside is what my Louise does best. Louise is also what B.B. King called his guitar.

Yeah, gets kinda creepy for an ebike after that...
Anyone can see why I wanted your kiss,
It had to be But the wonder is this:
Can it be true,
Someone like you Could love me, Louise?
I assure you that I've been very good about not kissing my ebike.

The good news: Ebikes probably don't mind if you find a better name down the line.

Last edited:
Ain't no thang but a chicken wing you got to smoke some more Mary Jane.
I have to go visit a fortune teller to see if my bet is good on Kansas City.
I want to buy a cargo bike with my winnings and name it Stefan.

I want to buy a cargo bike with my winnings and name it Stefan.
Nay. In case you already do not own such an e-bike, I request you to buy a mass-produced, D2C, 20", fat-tyre folder with the most powerful motor you can find (and with the uncertified monster battery), and with a moped style seat (that will prevent you from any pedalling), necessarily equipped with a throttle, with mechanical brakes, and capable to achieve 40 mph. Then you may name it Stefan :D

I could not fail noticing you wrote an apology to me for your misbehaviour in the Forum earlier in this thread, and then deleted the apology. Smoked one vado too many?

Back