Hexlox and upcoming 2021 multicharger

davidfr

Region
Europe
Hi,

I’m patiently waiting for a 2021 multicharger mixte. I plan to fit it with hexlox for the front wheel and seat post clamp.

it seems that the quick release clamp that the bike comes with, from TransX, is 40mm wide, which is quite unusual.

2 options to secure this : either replace it with a non QR clamp but this diameter is really rare or replace the bolt/qr lever only by one from hexlox (https://hexlox.com/collections/protect-saddles-and-seat-posts/products/seat-post-binder-bolt) but I wonder if that would work with this specific QR clamp

which way would you go ?

Thanks!

Are you changing this because of theft concerns? I would also consider changing your pedals with quick releases. Take them with you after chaining up your bike. Also add a motion sensor alarm.

Don't have an answer to your specific question though. I also ordered a 2021 multi charger mixte and was told delivery would be sometime in the spring. 8 months later from the day I ordered it.

OK I just watched a Youtube video on this product being defeated with simple tools. Comments are, too expensive, easy to defeat and other means of securing a bike are better.

Are you changing this because of theft concerns? I would also consider changing your pedals with quick releases. Take them with you after chaining up your bike. Also add a motion sensor alarm.

Don't have an answer to your specific question though. I also ordered a 2021 multi charger mixte and was told delivery would be sometime in the spring. 8 months later from the day I ordered it.
When did you order ? IIRC I placed my order end of august / very early September

yes theft concerns for front wheel and saddle. It seems like a clever option...

It was delayed because I ordered the Aurbus lock with carrying bag.....this is why my dealer said the order is delayed. I order Nuvinci hub, Nyon display and the lock. I don’t mind the delay because I have another electric bike and our provincial govnt is in the process of removing the sales tax on eBikes in the spring.

I have Hexlox on my front and rear Hexlox thu-axles, seat post, saddle bolt, stem bolt & handlebar bolt. While Hexlox can be defeated with the right blade tools, they are not common tools. Nothing is foolproof. Having something that slows down a thief and a decent, loud motion sensing alarm such as the one on the AVUS 6000 alarm lock, helps make your bike far less attractive a target than one that does not make noise and can be more easily ridden away or dismantled. There is no foolproof security solution, just measures which shift the odds back in the owner's favor.

I have Hexlox on my front and rear Hexlox thu-axles, seat post, saddle bolt, stem bolt & handlebar bolt. While Hexlox can be defeated with the right blade tools, they are not common tools. Nothing is foolproof. Having something that slows down a thief and a decent, loud motion sensing alarm such as the one on the AVUS 6000 alarm lock, helps make your bike far less attractive a target than one that does not make noise and can be more easily ridden away or dismantled. There is no foolproof security solution, just measures which shift the odds back in the owner's favor.
Hi,

Regarding the seat post clamp, which solution did you choose?

Thanks

The bike came with the quick release axle. I replaced it with a Hexlox axle. Quick release is convenient and an invitation to theft,
Sorry I had the seat clamp in mind regarding quick release... how did you deal with that ?

Sorry I had the seat clamp in mind regarding quick release... how did you deal with that ?
I got a seatpost clamp that has a magnetic hexbolt and put a hex lox in it. All the hexlox I have are the same code and use the same key.

What are you guys using for front quick release fat tire bikes? My rad mini-4 has a 18 cm front skewer, hexlox skewers are not long enough. Any alternative?

What are you guys using for front quick release fat tire bikes? My rad mini-4 has a 18 cm front skewer, hexlox skewers are not long enough. Any alternative?

Back