Help with Allant +7 Accessories

Sparky731,
thanks for reminding me about the MIK adapter again. I tried the Racktime adapter but could not make it work. I went on Amazon and ordered the MIK adapter, which attaches in a different manner than the Racktime adapter. Hopefully the MIK adapter will work.

jsmirand,
thanks for the link. Inexpensive and comes with rechargeable batteries. Sounds like a no brainer.

I looked up the bag I bought, it was made by Roswheel. Looks like it costs $40. It has 2 Velcro strips that attach at the front of the rack and one on each side. It secures good but not quite as good as the MIK. It probably doesn’t go on and off as quick as an MIK bag but your talking a few seconds.
Is this the bag? looks like a great value, if it work... thinking about adding out out two new allant+7 - thanks ! https://www.amazon.com/Roswheel-Ess...s-Capacity/dp/B07FFW3915?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Is this the bag? looks like a great value, if it work... thinking about adding out out two new allant+7 - thanks ! https://www.amazon.com/Roswheel-Ess...s-Capacity/dp/B07FFW3915?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1
Hi riding4fun,
this is what we ended up with:

the bag is a Rock Bros bag. Additionally I purchased a Basil MIK adapter plate and attached it to the bottom of the bag. My wife and I love the bags and the adapter makes it very easy to securely attach it to the Allant +7. I purchased both from Amazon. We are heading out soon for a 5 day trip on the GAP trail and plan to fully utilize the bag. Good luck to you

Attachments

• 321D6EF8-45F3-4A39-8FCF-A98E53B17CCB.jpeg
    321D6EF8-45F3-4A39-8FCF-A98E53B17CCB.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 172
  • CAD6EFCA-E161-4CD2-9F81-048EFBB3AF6D.jpeg
    CAD6EFCA-E161-4CD2-9F81-048EFBB3AF6D.jpeg
    434.5 KB · Views: 184
WHAT???? An Allant 7 thread and no DALLANT????? I haven't seen a post by him for ages.
He was always selling the Allant 7 to anyone and everyone. Him and his wife had two of 'em.
Sure hope he's OK. Anyone know? 🤞🤞🤞
CN
Every time I see a thread with Allant in the title, I think of Dallant. But he hasn't posted here since October 2021. It was mentioned in a thread a while back, but I don't think anyone knows his status. 😟

Hi riding4fun,

the bag is a Rock Bros bag. Additionally I purchased a Basil MIK adapter plate and attached it to the bottom of the bag. My wife and I love the bags and the adapter makes it very easy to securely attach it to the Allant +7. I purchased both from Amazon. We are heading out soon for a 5 day trip on the GAP trail and plan to fully utilize the bag. Good luck to you
We did the same thing only using bags from a company in Santa Barbara called Jandd. Excellent set-up, just remember the bag can be removed PDQ if not attended.

Hi riding4fun,

Hi! I just purchased the same RockBros bag and MIK adapter plate, but now I’m afraid to put the adapter hardware through the bottom of my bag for fear of ruining it. Any advice you can give for an easy, flawless installation? Did you add any support inside underneath the pad for the adapter hardware? This fear is tempting me to spend too much $ on a bag I don’t want that already has the adapter plate installed, but I’m resisting for now while I research options.

Hi! I just purchased the same RockBros bag and MIK adapter plate, but now I’m afraid to put the adapter hardware through the bottom of my bag for fear of ruining it. Any advice you can give for an easy, flawless installation? Did you add any support inside underneath the pad for the adapter hardware? This fear is tempting me to spend too much $ on a bag I don’t want that already has the adapter plate installed, but I’m resisting for now while I research options.
Hi Tabogas,
Congrats on the new bikes. My wife and I love them. We recently did a 5 day trip on the GAP trail. In addition to being a great trail, the RockBros bags with the panniers, were ideal.

it really was easy to attach the adapter to the bottom of the bag. I have included a couple of pics to show what the final set-up looks like. First, I used stiff cardboard as a template for the adapter. I marked on the cardboard where the 4 holes on the adapter are located. Placing the cardboard on the exterior bottom of the bag, I used a small nail to imprint where the screws would be located. Then using a small bit, I drilled the 4 holes from the outside in. When you do this, make sure you keep the fabric on the inside on the bag tight, otherwise the fabric may wrap around the bit. Then I used the screws with the washers and attached the adapter.

The set up is great. It attaches and detaches very quickly. It gets 5 stars from me.

Hopefully this is clear. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 893C10C5-DBEA-4A6F-8865-D313EFA7D192.jpeg
    893C10C5-DBEA-4A6F-8865-D313EFA7D192.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 692B1F93-22A9-4A33-AA8C-6C6A009F1BDB.jpeg
    692B1F93-22A9-4A33-AA8C-6C6A009F1BDB.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 157
Hi Tabogas,
Congrats on the new bikes. My wife and I love them. We recently did a 5 day trip on the GAP trail. In addition to being a great trail, the RockBros bags with the panniers, were ideal.

it really was easy to attach the adapter to the bottom of the bag. I have included a couple of pics to show what the final set-up looks like. First, I used stiff cardboard as a template for the adapter. I marked on the cardboard where the 4 holes on the adapter are located. Placing the cardboard on the exterior bottom of the bag, I used a small nail to imprint where the screws would be located. Then using a small bit, I drilled the 4 holes from the outside in. When you do this, make sure you keep the fabric on the inside on the bag tight, otherwise the fabric may wrap around the bit. Then I used the screws with the washers and attached the adapter.

The set up is great. It attaches and detaches very quickly. It gets 5 stars from me.

Hopefully this is clear. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks so much! :)

Back