Help...Deciding on which dongle to buy..

What is the US price for Bikespeed-RS standard? I can't tell by looking at the site..I may pop for one of these after I take delivery of my Sduro Trekking SL next week.
Mine was $158.87 shipped to US

And it works as advertised. No glitch issues.

Mine was $158.87 shipped to US

And it works as advertised. No glitch issues.

Cool, that's very reasonable for something that works. I'm going to ride it stock for a bit to see if I really need the dongle. The terrain around here tends towards crawling up a hill and sailing back down, so I may not have much use for the flatland boost up to 28 mph.

Cool, that's very reasonable for something that works. I'm going to ride it stock for a bit to see if I really need the dongle. The terrain around here tends towards crawling up a hill and sailing back down, so I may not have much use for the flatland boost up to 28 mph.
Yeah, that's what I've been finding so far (Seattle).

I have a dongle installed by bike shop, cut off about 32mph. Just being doing some research if i wanted faster dongle and it seems to be between asa, pear tune and the RS. Need to research further!

Hi all,
I have installed a totalt of two PearTune mso's on Bosch systems. I just want to report a couple of minor issues.

A) Unit installed on a 2014 active line, intuvia display. When pedaling and tuning is active, the display freezes at 22.5 km/h. It will assist and work as expected also in higher speeds, but the display doesn't follow. It catches up as soon as I stop pedaling, though, displaying correct speed even if it's above 22.5 km/h.

B) Unit installed on a 2016 performance line with intuvia display. Worked perfectly, but one day I disconnected the display to enter a supermarket, I put the intuvia in my pocket. 5 minutes later, the display wouldn't react to anything, it was all "dead". Nothing helped, tried recharging (no reaction). The weather was nice and dry, not cold or anything. The display did not react to anything, it didn't matter if it was mounted on the bike or taken off. After a couple of days the display suddenly works perfectly again. I don't think it has anything to do with the installed Peartune, but I want to report it anyway.

All in all, I am quite happy with Peartune, which is the only tuning I've tried. On-and-off during ride is very easy and "invisible". Also, any suggestions about fixing my problems are much apperciated.

Also, does anyone know (from experience) what happens if my bike dealer does a Bosch diagnostics on my system, when the Peartune unit is installed (but not activated)? [Edit: it is ok for me if my dealer know I modified the bike, but will diagnostics ruin or get ruined by an installed Peartune device?]]

And what about Bosch firmware upgrades? Do I have to remove the Peartune Dongle? Should I worry about upgrades making my Peartune useless/ not working?

Best regards, Magnus

Last edited:
No issues with dongle fitted. if you're nervous just take it off when you take it to retailer for service, but they won't even open the motor case anyway.

Hi all. I've been using the ASA B25.14 for over a year and a half. I've got a Cube Reaction Pro 29er Bosch performance 250w. The chip has stopped working 4 times since installing and I've had to recalibrate it (basically reset all settings) to get it working each time. It's fiddly but only takes 5 mins with practice.

Once I hit 15mph there's a second delay before the bike takes off up to 28mph, so not completely smooth. No problems with the display. I've got through 3 cassettes and chains over 17 months but they're cheap and easy to replace. There's a significant drain on the battery as you're now pulling power for the entire ride. I get 18 miles on tour mode so I take my charger with me just in case. I thought about getting the bigger 500 battery but at £600 it's not an option for me.

Unfortunately the chip stopped working after 17 months. Espeed kindly replaced it but I can't get the new one to work properly. It only cuts in at 18mph so I have gap between 15 and 18mph with no assistances. I'm in danger of getting fit!! It won't calibrate either so looking for an another product. It transformed my commute and was completely amazing when it worked.

Please try a self calibration. It helps in 99% of all cases...
Hi Jum. I'm from Miami, i've just bought TREK Powerfly 7 29" with BOSCH CX 20MPH/limit and looking for right dongle for testing. if your offer is still working let me know please.

Not sure what bike you have, but I'd say your feet would be a blur at 30mph.
My feet are going fast enough in top cog at 30k on the SDURO FullNine

I installed the ASA 25.01 dongle on my 2016 Haibike Sduro Fullnine RC. It's not hard at all as it's plug and play. My first installation resulted in all measurements other than ODO and speed to be incorrect. So I contacted the makers of ASA directly, not through ebiketuning.com. They asked me to check what firmware version was hand written on the chip which was "B7." They sent me a new one, again B7 and I still have the same issues with the max speed, it registers a crazy 2038.6 kph or 1267 MPH! LOL. But the speed is fine as is the distance but you must remain in KPH not MPH. Like Christopher85083 I plan on retaining mine because the primary reason I bought it was to remove the 20MPH top assist. The unit keeps assist going as fast as I can peddle. To date my max speed has been 31 MPH - 50 kph on the display. For my statistics I use Runtastic's app on my phone.

Attachments

• 20170321_130655.jpg
    20170321_130655.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 1,805
  • 20170323_102358.jpg
    20170323_102358.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 1,684
  • 20170321_130704.jpg
    20170321_130704.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 1,720
Hi Jum. I'm from Miami, i've just bought TREK Powerfly 7 29" with BOSCH CX 20MPH/limit and looking for right dongle for testing. if your offer is still working let me know please.
Hey I have a powerfly 8fs...get a badass bike ebike chip...it's passive and removable...don't get hung up on the Spedo only reading half the actual speed...it works perfect...installs and removes in under 5 minutes...I have it on two bikes zero issues

Hi all,

I've recently swapped from a regular MTB to a 2017 Cube Reaction HPA Pro, and it was clear after riding for a very short time that the bike needed to be derestricted to be effective - I spend most of my time above 15mph (the UK limit). The boost from standstill is nice, but it's frustrating when it stops!

So I have a Peartune on its way from ebiketuning, along with a 20t replacement for the factory 15t. If anyone's still following this thread, I'll post my experience once I've installed it.

Did you need to order a special tool to pull the crank?
My memory is a bit vague on the procedure now, but I don't think I had to pull a crankarm. If it's necessary you would use a normal crank-pulling tool for square-taper bottom brackets. Most of the job is removing the plastic bash plate and pulling bolts so the motor will pivot down on its rear one.

My memory is a bit vague on the procedure now, but I don't think I had to pull a crankarm. If it's necessary you would use a normal crank-pulling tool for square-taper bottom brackets. Most of the job is removing the plastic bash plate and pulling bolts so the motor will pivot down on its rear one.

It depends on the bike and motor combo. For example, newer bikes that have the Bosch motor tipped upward might not require crank arm removal as you can access a plastic trim cover and put the tuning chip under it. Other bikes need one crank removed. For the cleanest install you can remove both cranks and the moto assembly to hide the chip in the down tube and or seat tube.

When bikespeed rs is removed does it leave funny readings on the Bosch log (the way it works I think it will)? Since the chip does not seem to alter the power output of the motor I don't think there really is anything that will affect lifespan of the motor and Bosch using it as an excuse is somewhat unjustified.

So you haven't changed the gearing but the bike now goes a lot faster.
You can't go faster without more power. ;)

So you haven't changed the gearing but the bike now goes a lot faster.
You can't go faster without more power. ;)

You didn't get my point. The power output relies on motor rpm and the torque it produces. For the same rpm and torque with the right gearing you maybe making 12mph and climbing or going 24mph on a flatter surface.

The motor will not reach higher output unless you modify the controller. If I understand it right these dongels are just manipulating speed sensor to prevent motor from cutting because of the speed limit, they have no effect on motor characteristics.

Hey I have a powerfly 8fs...get a badass bike ebike chip...it's passive and removable...don't get hung up on the Spedo only reading half the actual speed...it works perfect...installs and removes in under 5 minutes...I have it on two bikes zero issues
Is the chip still working properly?

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any feed back for the Badass box 3.4 on a 2018 Bosch Performance CX, I have read all your comments and I like the idea that its so easy to mount.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Back