Help...Deciding on which dongle to buy..

wren, i fully agree. Ive covered over 100 miles last week averaging 18mph between either off or eco mode. I can honestly say imho this bike would be little use to me, other than hills of course without dongle. It cuts out at 15mph as we all know, but my average mph on my other bike (non bike) is also around the 16mph mark on road. Without dongle, i would feel restricted.
i also don't understand why my shop fitted the (so far) ideal dongle hidden away between motor and case with the flick of a button it now says walk assist shows the correct speed and you really can do over 30mph in turbo with ease. Why are these kind of dongles not easily available to all. Noticed my bike shop will only sell many things including accessories to people who bought bike direct from him.

I was not very impressed with the ASA 32.14. It made the speedo glitchy, and the engine would cutoff between 18-20 mph. It would randomly kick in after 20 mph and it eventually stopped working. Installation was easy, and all of the wiring was tight so I just removed it.
Please try a self calibration. It helps in 99% of all cases...

How is the self calibration test performed? I removed it and reinstalled it a few times before giving up on it.

I finally got the corrected 32.14 back from Germany last week. It's been raining here for weeks now but I did manage to get a short ride in to test it out. Display seems to be not quite as smooth as stock... It will occasionally flash an incorrect speed very briefly, but works the rest of the time. I was able to achieve 40 mph on flat ground and still was getting motor assist. Maintaining that speed isn't realistic, but 30 mph is a very realistic speed to maintain now and 25mph is super comfortable. The only thing I found odd is I have to keep hitting the assist level up (+ button) while powering the bike on for the dongle to power up properly. I don't seem to be able to access any of the programmed modes as the walk button seems to be disabled on US bikes and that button is needed to enter programming from my understanding. Overall I'm happy with it though.

I finally got the corrected 32.14 back from Germany last week. Overall I'm happy with it though.

Great to hear! I still haven't received mine or heard from the vendor in awhile, so I'm not really expecting anything. Good to hear it mostly works, though. That's a significant bump in speed!

The Speedbox will approximately not work with E Bikes with 20 mph restriction. The PearTune will work with 20 mph restriction e bikes (until now).

The new PearTune MSO (max speed off) for Brose engines is released: http://www.ebiketuning.com/shop/product/80-peartune-mso-for-brose.html

@Christopher85083 The track and trace number shows us that You get the product at 02/17/16 and we refund You after PayPal conflict. Please contact us again...

@EriderM Please look for self calibration in the manual, "remove and reinstall" will not help.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and have a question:

I have the US version of the 2015 Haibike xDuro AllMt RX 27.5 which has the walk button disabled. I recently installed an ASA eSpeed tuner purchased from

The problem I have is that the walk button is required to program the ASA tuner. I e-mailed the vendor about this but never heard back.

Anyone hav any idea of how to properly get the tuner to work w/ the US version of the bike and the disabled Walk button?

Thanks, Dan

I installed a peartune on my 2015 trekking. I thought I'd give my feedback for anyone trying to decide which dongle to use. Overall I am very happy with the device - it does everything it's supposed to with only a few minor issues and seems to work better than some of the other dongles I've seen reviews on. Peartune was recommended to me by the bikeshop I bought by bike at (they said it's the best one).

Experience using the dongle:
- There are absolutely no speed limits. You can push the bike as much as you want. If you pedal hard enough the motor will always work at 100%
- The displayed speed seems accurate (of course I can't be 100% sure if it's right but seems that way)
- The motor doesn't work any differently with the dongle installed. Motor still responds to gear changes in the right way
- No strange screen flashes or other display gliches

Issues with peartune:
- If you ride the bike over 20mph, then when you stop the bike, the display will show something like 1mph or 4mph for a few seconds. Not sure exactly why this happens, but it does
- Once in a while (maybe 1 in 20 rides), the display will jump to something like 1mph when you're going fast. The motor operation is not affected, and the correct speed comes back in about 10 seconds

General issues with tuning the haibike trekking:
- You need a lot of tools. The torx screw that opens the motor is DIFFERENT from the torx screw that opens the case around the motor. If you don't already have the tools you need I recommend bringing the bike to a hardware shop and testing out everything you need
- The gears on the regular trekking bikes don't go as high as you'd like for 28mph+ speeds. Over around 25mph you have to pedal much faster and you wish you had a higher gear to use. The display will ask you to move to a higher gear. On the highest gear you can get up to about 30mph max on a flat road but if there were a higher gear I think you could get to 35
- The motor feels less smooth when you go over about 25. I chalk this up to the design of the thing, which was not intended to be working over such high speeds. It doesn't affect the performance of the bike but is just an annoyance

I installed the BikeSpeed RS on my 2015 Haibke Xduro Fullseven RX. So far I like it a lot. The bike feels the same just without the speed restriction. I haven't had any glitchyness on the display and the indicated speed looks correct. The only issue I had was pulling the crank, it was a royal pain. Here's a video I made this morning.

Great write-up Marc G. but I'm having trouble finding out where to buy one. I also live in the US. Where did you get yours?

I've just purchased a Turbo Levo with a Brose motor and am wondering whats involved in installing the Sx2 Dongle or PearTune MSO.
  • To get access to the motor to attach the cables what steps are involved? I've asked the electricbiketuning guys but haven't had a detailed response.
    • Do i need to remove the pedals and the front cog? If so do i need a spider tool?
    • Do i need to open the motor as well once i have access to it?
  • Which is easiest to install?
An alternate option i have is the badassbox but I can't see how it would be installed on the new Turbo Levo models as the magnet is right in behind the rear disc brakes.

Any help here would be appreciated.

This thread has been very helpful in deciding which dongle to purchase. After concluding I need an ASAeSpeed B32.14, I went online to ebiketuning to purchase. However, now they are not shipping to USA. Does anyone know where I can order this ASA dongle to ship to the USA?

I installed the BikeSpeed RS on my 2015 Haibke Xduro Fullseven RX. So far I like it a lot. The bike feels the same just without the speed restriction. I haven't had any glitchyness on the display and the indicated speed looks correct. The only issue I had was pulling the crank, it was a royal pain. Here's a video I made this morning.

Looks like this turns your bike into a 28mph speed pedelec, which is what I want rather than those freakishly fast tuners.

What is the US price for Bikespeed-RS standard? I can't tell by looking at the site..I may pop for one of these after I take delivery of my Sduro Trekking SL next week.

This thread has been very helpful in deciding which dongle to purchase. After concluding I need an ASAeSpeed B32.14, I went online to ebiketuning to purchase. However, now they are not shipping to USA. Does anyone know where I can order this ASA dongle to ship to the USA?

Ebay

Back