Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Hello From Abbotsford BC

I purchased a RadRover ST at the beginning of March 2020. I've enjoyed riding my bike in the local area during the Covid 19 period. I hope to be able to ride further away has travel restrictions relax.

I have had my second e-bike for nearly two years, and my first e-bike for a couple of years before that. Owning an e-bike has allowed my husband and me to be a one car household. My first e-bike was a Public, mixte frame, with a Bionx motor. Eventually, I decided I wanted a bike that was a little more well-balanced, especially because I could feel that it would be increasingly difficult for me to climb over the frame, to start off. I loved how comfortable that bike was to ride, also, how smooth and silent and strong the assist was. The bike I ride now is a Gazelle Arroyo, with a Bosch mid-drive motor. Sadly, I suspect I may have a lemon, as I've had no end of trouble with it. To start with it sounded like the chain was being dragged across something. Multiple adjustments later, a new part was ordered, and that problem was resolved. It also shut down unexpectedly, sometimes in heavy traffic, and finally, a new controller, this last spring solved that problem. A little more than a week ago, the rack which holds the battery completely collapsed, leaving the battery hanging by its connection point. A new rack has been ordered. I've joined this forum in order to learn if other folks have had similar issues, and what they have done about it. I do want to state that my bike shop, North Division Bicycles, in Spokane, WA, has been very responsive in helping me address these issues. I just wish I didn't have to visit them quite so often!

Hi Folks! Back (waiting for e-bike sondors x) into biking after much pushing from my young daughters. :) Should be fun! Looking forward to new adventures! Looks like it will be fun! Haven't rode a bike since, wait for it.. I owned a BMX style "Predator" bike as a kid. My dad had a "Motebecane" (SP?) Bikes were made in the US in the 80's. I think my dad's was French. :):)

Hi everyone. I'm on the marketing team with Bosch eBike Systems in North America. Loooong time follower, first time contributor. Thanks for all you do Court!

I had one of the very first Treks Verve+ Lowstep's in the market (in the pretty coral color) but recently sold it to my colleagues wife. I had two Thule Yepp seats (front and back) on it for years with my boys and it was awesome. Now they shred on their own and I'm going to play the field a bit before I choose my next eBike, which will most likely be a cargo bike. I have my eye on a Benno Boost or Remi Demi.

Hi all, My name is Joe I am from western Pa in the good old USA. I purchased my first Ebike a 2020 Lectric XL. This was my first introduction to Ebiking. I have not ridden since I was 15 probably. I am now on the verge of turning 60 and have gotten myself back into biking. I initially loved my Ebike but I found so many limitations to my XP. I am upgrading the heck out of it. The gearing I think is the big issue with the bike. I have an 11-34T freewheel set and waiting on the special socket to make the changeover. I am lucky in many ways that I live near so many beautiful trails to ride on. The pandemic has put a damper on our traveling plans like it has for everyone. I have so many questions and some experiences to share and I am looking forward to learning so much from everyone. IMG_20200707_192839_496.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm on the marketing team with Bosch eBike Systems in North America. Loooong time follower, first time contributor. Thanks for all you do Court!

I had one of the very first Treks Verve+ Lowstep's in the market (in the pretty coral color) but recently sold it to my colleagues wife. I had two Thule Yepp seats (front and back) on it for years with my boys and it was awesome. Now they shred on their own and I'm going to play the field a bit before I choose my next eBike, which will most likely be a cargo bike. I have my eye on a Benno Boost or Remi Demi.

Hi Jocelyn , I just came across Magic Pie Motor, I was so impressed with there hubs it's worth a look when you start compiling all your data. They are on my wish list I think when I go for an upgrade.

im new into ebikes and the Trek Verve+ was the 1st one I looked at being that’s the only one available to me from the local bike shop but I was looking for a ebike with the power only option being I’m disabled and was not sure if assist only would be ok for me so I went a different route on my 1st ebike and it should be here Friday as it was sent out today.

Off pavement adventurer back to pedaling. Bicyclist for many years then moved to small displacement dual-sport motorcycles. At 71 it is getting harder to lift a 300lb+ motorcycle trailside so back to pedaling with motor assist. Appreciate the opportunity to join the forum and will do my best to contribute to the forums success. Take care, Gerry

It's great to be back in the saddle again. My wife and I have been avid bikers for decades, but we are finally coming out of a biking hiatus with our new ebikes. We picked up two Specialized Vado 5 bikes a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, Sue broke her hand (hiking fall) shortly after the purchase. Her cast comes off tomorrow - yahoo! All in all we are so impressed with the new bikes; a true magic carpet ride.
Bruce

Attachments

• SAM_3357.JPG
    SAM_3357.JPG
    830.3 KB · Views: 307
Think you will really enjoy them. Many years ago my thought was, if it wasn't at least 60 miles, it wasn't exercise. Now i am very happy with 10. We get a good work out and also move at a comfortable pace. It would be a very different and less satisfying adventure without the 'E' assist. Take care.

Hello from Queensland, Australia - been cycling for many years but just bought my first e-bike. My wife bought an NCM Paris and I was so impressed with the build quality and the performance that I decided to hire an NCM Moscow for the week and see how I got on with it. I was very happy with it and I bought one (and they refunded my hire charge). So far I'm doing four one-way 37 km commutes a week and a few leisure rides at the weekend, on the local paths with my wife. Really happy with the bike and the battery range is excellent - it easily copes with the 75km to work and back and still has two or three bars on the battery without charging in between.

Hello fellow ebikers! Great forum here. I live way up north in Norway, so please excuse my not so perfect knowledge of the English language.
I am new to ebikes, I could not use ordinary bicycles anymore because of health issues, but the ebike has given me a new life, so to speak. What an absolutely brilliant invention!
I bought a Haibike sDuro Trekking 4.0 with Yamaha PW-ST motor, 2020 model. It is perfect for my type of bicycling - not downhill MTB madness, but more trekking on forest paths and on roads with little traffic.
I tried a few different ebikes, but when I sat up on the sDuro Trekking 4.0 I immedetaly knew this was the right bike for me. The ergonomics were just perfect. And after a few hundred kilomteres it still is. I love this bike.

Haibike_01.jpgHaibike_02.jpg

hello from new joisey! just got my firts lectricky. found this site thru some stumble on searches. looking forward to chats and the wealth of knowledge i see goin on. thanks much for this site!

Hi all, love the info and reviews on this site and hoping to learn more. I see more and more ebikes now and I think this site is a good place to get the most up to date info.

I have a radmini and a cannondale neo so have experience in both hub drive and mid drive bikes. Like them both so don't ask me which is better :)

Anyway I'm glad to be here and hope I can contribute.

Court, thanks for putting this site up. I am new to ebikes and looking to buy one soon, so this has really been helpful already.

Thanks for sharing, Court. Your video has provided me insight on benefits of an e-bike. Amazing bike you have there but a bit above my budget.. I ended up going with a Blix bike which was much more affordable for me.

Back