Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

the only advice I can give, and that I haven't read or viewed is, the mid mount motor e bike I got feels much more "connected" than the hub motors I rode.
just felt more natural . it's an I-zip edge. fairly new model. good luck!

Before the official intro I just wanted to say if anyone lives in SoCal, NorCal, Vancouver, South Florida, Colorado, Austin or another area with lots of ebikes and wants to go for a ride, grab lunch or even has a couch to crash on... sound off! I've met some great people here in the past and enjoyed visiting and experiencing new locations with a local friend. Comment or message me!

Hey guys and gals, this is Court Rye! I created EBR in 2013 to help people understand and better choose electric bicycles for their lifestyle and budget. My own first purchase was confusing, expensive and frustrating... I bought online and felt like I spent too much when the bike actually arrived. I had never assembled an ebike before and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get help from a regular shop if I messed something up or it broke and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever want to buy it used someday if I decided to upgrade or just move on. It was a tense day and I felt very alone, there were very few resources at the time but one that I relied on a lot was ElectricBikeReport.com run by my now-friend Pete Prebus!

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but moderator @Ann M. is here for you and she's great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

Just below is a video I shot before jumping into EBR full time. I was working for a tech startup in Austin, TX and using ebikes to commute to work... the bike in the video is an Easy Motion Neo Jumper and was my third electric bike! I finally felt like I had found one that worked great for me and was excited to share the experience with the world.

As always, thanks for being involved here. Your comments, helping each other and feedback to me make this place special and it means a lot. As always, ride safe! Here are a few pics of me doing reviews, this is how the magic happens baby XD

View attachment 7398View attachment 7401View attachment 7404View attachment 7407View attachment 7410View attachment 7413View attachment 7416View attachment 7419View attachment 7422

Update! In March of 2018, EBR and me were featured in an article on Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) magazine. It was an honor, but they were not able to fit in everything and I wanted to thank Ann M, Darlington, Tara, Brent, and Jeremy who have all helped in various ways to make this site and community possible, I love them and also appreciate everyone here who has contributed to this positive and useful space. I got permission to share the story here, and it's embedded as an image below along with some additional images I shared but that were not used (the last one is my Grandfather, who also loved riding bikes):

View attachment 20450View attachment 20458View attachment 20456View attachment 20451View attachment 20455
View attachment 20453View attachment 20452View attachment 20454View attachment 20457

A news station recently did a story on the history of EBR and they interviewed me. I got the full footage and posted it because it covers lots of topics, like how to pick an ebike and why they're awesome :D here's the video:

Before the official intro I just wanted to say if anyone lives in SoCal, NorCal, Vancouver, South Florida, Colorado, Austin or another area with lots of ebikes and wants to go for a ride, grab lunch or even has a couch to crash on... sound off! I've met some great people here in the past and enjoyed visiting and experiencing new locations with a local friend. Comment or message me!

Hey guys and gals, this is Court Rye! I created EBR in 2013 to help people understand and better choose electric bicycles for their lifestyle and budget. My own first purchase was confusing, expensive and frustrating... I bought online and felt like I spent too much when the bike actually arrived. I had never assembled an ebike before and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get help from a regular shop if I messed something up or it broke and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever want to buy it used someday if I decided to upgrade or just move on. It was a tense day and I felt very alone, there were very few resources at the time but one that I relied on a lot was ElectricBikeReport.com run by my now-friend Pete Prebus!

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but moderator @Ann M. is here for you and she's great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

Just below is a video I shot before jumping into EBR full time. I was working for a tech startup in Austin, TX and using ebikes to commute to work... the bike in the video is an Easy Motion Neo Jumper and was my third electric bike! I finally felt like I had found one that worked great for me and was excited to share the experience with the world.

As always, thanks for being involved here. Your comments, helping each other and feedback to me make this place special and it means a lot. As always, ride safe! Here are a few pics of me doing reviews, this is how the magic happens baby XD

View attachment 7398View attachment 7401View attachment 7404View attachment 7407View attachment 7410View attachment 7413View attachment 7416View attachment 7419View attachment 7422

Update! In March of 2018, EBR and me were featured in an article on Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) magazine. It was an honor, but they were not able to fit in everything and I wanted to thank Ann M, Darlington, Tara, Brent, and Jeremy who have all helped in various ways to make this site and community possible, I love them and also appreciate everyone here who has contributed to this positive and useful space. I got permission to share the story here, and it's embedded as an image below along with some additional images I shared but that were not used (the last one is my Grandfather, who also loved riding bikes):

View attachment 20450View attachment 20458View attachment 20456View attachment 20451View attachment 20455
View attachment 20453View attachment 20452View attachment 20454View attachment 20457

A news station recently did a story on the history of EBR and they interviewed me. I got the full footage and posted it because it covers lots of topics, like how to pick an ebike and why they're awesome :D here's the video:

Court: I can’t thank you enough for EBR and all the information that you provide. I relied on your publication to purchase the EVELO DeltaX two weeks ago and couldn’t be happier with the decision. I just missed you in Fullerton on Saturday to personally thank you for all of the data that you provide on everything related to electric bikes. All the best in your future efforts and safe travels. Tim, Laguna Niguel, CA

Hi and thanks for all the information I have been gathering, and lurking, and researching for well over a year and am so relieved to have finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Rad Minis. The main idea is to have the same battery (and other parts) to swap over to the other bike for troubleshooting, but mostly to be able to share my battery with my wife should the need arise.
I am looking forward to getting back into motor biking... I sold my last Harley when I became a Dad 21 years ago... I have always loved biking... we ride almost daily and take them on vacation. We're getting a bit older now and could appreciate the "help" and added incentive to make longer, more adventurous rides. My current ride is an original fattie and that's another reason to go for the minis.

Attachments

• 76-sportster.jpg
    76-sportster.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 545
  • 100_4868.JPG
    100_4868.JPG
    330 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 568
  • RadMini.jpg
    RadMini.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 565
New E-Trike owner it was shipped today from PA I am sitting here in South East Florida waiting. I bought a Mid-Drive Electric Fat Trike. I'll give my opinion once it gets here. Electric because my 77 yr old knees don't like to pedal much. It also has Hydraulic Disc brakes which should please my arthritic wrists. We have a car wife uses to go to work the E-Trike will be my daily vehicle to go to the gym, shopping, doctor appts and general errands.

New E-Trike owner it was shipped today from PA I am sitting here in South East Florida waiting. I bought a Mid-Drive Electric Fat Trike. I'll give my opinion once it gets here. Electric because my 77 yr old knees don't like to pedal much. It also has Hydraulic Disc brakes which should please my arthritic wrists. We have a car wife uses to go to work the E-Trike will be my daily vehicle to go to the gym, shopping, doctor appts and general errands.
Great! And welcome to the forum. I bought my 75 YO wife an etrike this summer because she can on longer ride her ebike. I got her the Evelo Compass trike and she loves it. We got it in mid July and she put 350 miles on it before the weather turned cold in early October. Enjoy your ride and let us know how things go.

Court,
Thank you for your website and reviews, they are very informative and helpful. I recently got a chance to ride my first eBike and loved it. I would like to purchase a new eBike but I’m having some challenges justifying the expense. I am 6’5” and finding an eBike to fit me has been a challenge.
I found a company (DirtySixer) that makes bikes for taller people up to over 7 feet tall with tire sizes up to 36”. Currently DirtySixer doesn’t make dedicated eBikes, but their acoustic bikes can be modified to be electric. Starting next year DirtySixer will be making their first dedicated/integrated eBike. Their nonelectric bikes start around 4-5 thousand dollars and imagine their e-bike will be closer to 7-8 thousand dollars. Also, I haven’t test ridden a DirtySixer since it’s such a small company mainly catering to professional basketball players that can afford their bikes.
I am also interested in the Bulls Lacuba Evo E45 Diamond eBike ($3,600). This bike has a frame option up to 60cm (23.6 inches), which I believe is in the xxl size category for bikes. The problem is that I cannot test ride any of these bikes made for taller people. DirtySixer doesn’t have test rides since they are such a small company and most eBike stores I have contacted don’t have xxl frame sized bikes in stock and would have to special order them and require a several hundred dollar non-refundable deposit.
I mainly would be using the eBike for fun on the weekends. I would like it for occasionally commuting to work but my office is 13 miles away and there are few bike trails/lanes between my home and office. I live in Santa Clarita and my office is in Sylmar. Also, most days I’m driving between 30-90 miles to job sites around Los Angeles. I would prefer to spend less than $4,000 if possible. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Cameron

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community, and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying to review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but our staff of @Angela M., @mitchhackleman, and @troehrkasse are here for you and they are great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

I'm in canyon country , currently building my first one thanks everyone for your support you all are great peeps cheers

Hello all. I ride a 2020 Trek Verve+ 2, commuting roughly 15 miles per day RT, primarily along the capital crescent trail in the DC region. I'm quite happy with the Verve+ 2, given that I like the feel of a traditional bike but also like a little help uphill. And I do not like having to charge the bike, so the power sipping of the verve+ 2 is nice. Yes, the chain/derailing is indeed an issue (legit). But I still love my bike.

Hello all. I ride a 2020 Trek Verve+ 2, commuting roughly 15 miles per day RT, primarily along the capital crescent trail in the DC region. I'm quite happy with the Verve+ 2, given that I like the feel of a traditional bike but also like a little help uphill. And I do not like having to charge the bike, so the power sipping of the verve+ 2 is nice. Yes, the chain/derailing is indeed an issue (legit). But I still love my bike.
I also have a 2018 Trek Verve 3 (non electric) I love the bike.

Hi and good evening to all the Members. This is my first message after the approved registration to the Forum.
I would like first to thank the Community for the useful information I catched about E-bikes for which I was fully
ignorant and helped me to choose the next replacement to my actual Specialized Diverge S-Works which I must leave
due to a severe health problem. I'm writing from North Italy , Como lake region, I'm a Young Senior 🤯 ex-cyclist with
an annual milage of 12.000 km for 10.000 Mts climb . Due to an heart attack which was second to a surgery for a cancer
the doctors warned me to reduce efforts and stress....So far . while bike it could be a good recovery medicine, the way of
riding must be adapted to the new circumstances. After reading here , I choose the BMC AMP Cross LTD , as my next
companion with which I hope still to get nice and relaxing moment of freedom. I shall revert my first riding experience
once the baby shall be in my hands.
Wishing You all the best,
sincerely
Blackvipergts

Hi and good evening to all the Members. This is my first message after the approved registration to the Forum.
I would like first to thank the Community for the useful information I catched about E-bikes for which I was fully
ignorant and helped me to choose the next replacement to my actual Specialized Diverge S-Works which I must leave
due to a severe health problem. I'm writing from North Italy , Como lake region, I'm a Young Senior 🤯 ex-cyclist with
an annual milage of 12.000 km for 10.000 Mts climb . Due to an heart attack which was second to a surgery for a cancer
the doctors warned me to reduce efforts and stress....So far . while bike it could be a good recovery medicine, the way of
riding must be adapted to the new circumstances. After reading here , I choose the BMC AMP Cross LTD , as my next
companion with which I hope still to get nice and relaxing moment of freedom. I shall revert my first riding experience
sincerely
Blackvipergts

Welcome. Look forward to hearing of your future adventures. After a transplant and heart attack, e-cycling has enabled me to continue the sport I so love. I'm certain you too will benefit.

Welcome. Look forward to hearing of your future adventures. After a transplant and heart attack, e-cycling has enabled me to continue the sport I so love. I'm certain you too will benefit.
sincerely
Blackvipergts

Hello Blackviper from the US! Best wishes in your recovery! Ebiking is a wonderful hobby. The combination of fun, being outdoors, and being active, is very hard to beat. Enjoy!

Hi and thank ,I really hope too.As You surely understand not so easy to restart once again but I do my best.
regards
blackvipergts

Hello Blackviper from the US! Best wishes in your recovery! Ebiking is a wonderful hobby. The combination of fun, being outdoors, and being active, is very hard to beat. Enjoy!
Thank for the welcome message.Indeed for me ,and at my age, a new challenging experience which I hope to enjoy.
regards
blackvipergts

Back