Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Hello from England UK.
Live in the Cotswolds and returning to MTB world after spinal troubles.
Just bought Giant Fathom 2 Pro and what a revelation.
Just keep wanting to go out on the trails.
Goes all the places you wish you could go on a motorbike.[/QUOTE

Welcome Taff. I'm in the East Riding. Roadie not MTB'r. However we all ride bikes, don't matter what sort.

Hi Everyone, My name is Ange and reside in Hurstbridge, which is 35kms N/E of Capital City of Melbourne, in the State of Victoria, Australia - Kangaroo country now EBIKES! My riding background is a 'roadie', and "MTB' for decades and now i live at the foothills of the Great Dividing Range, and dirt roads and trails are everywhere. My riding has changed due to some health issues but I hate Cars zooming past at speed as the roads are unsafe for cyclists here now. I ride with my Engineer 'brother' who introed me to the world of electric assisted bike and what a introduction. We settled to buy, the best, baddest MTB we could find after 12 mths extensive research - you know what engineers are like!!

Giant Dirt E + Pro - Burnt Orange/Red 2018 model we settled on - just under $5K runs a modified Yamaha 500 Watt motor by Giant, the largest Disc brake package for a hardtail MTB available, huge 11speed / 42 cog cluster, 27.5 beefed up hugs and rims shod with 2.65 tyres and a dropper seat post. I have changed the handlebars to a Fatbar Renthal with FRS Headstem,Giant MTB seat, Clipless Pedals, Topeak rear touring rack, must have Metallic Brake Pads, F&R LED lights and i ride wearing a Fluro vest. A sensational package combination suited to single track, road trails, touring - I love It!!!

Why so much detail - where we live are hills everywhere, big,huge hills, some hills cars cannot climb - this is ebike heaven and paradise for my mate and I to ride up huge hills that previous we walked, dirt roads with very few to no cars, and a renewed passion for riding, improved our health, exploration of this vast country but mindful that the bikes are limited to 25kph by legislation for ebikes in Victoria.

Look forward to learning from other members of this forum and a message for Biffo 1262, great effort, more strength to your legs Mate, keep it up.

Attachments

• IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 481
Greetings, I am palerider, new member. I perchased my mini last year, 800 mile with no problems. I am writing a replie and hoping it will serve as a introduction as I am still learning to navegate the site.I try to ride every day, I will turn 70 at the end of June and am pretty set in my ways. I very much like the radmini but think the tech,s at rad need to learn to speak ( boomer ) ! Best regards to all, I remain palerider on top of blue Mini!

Live in the Midwest near Chicago. Just turned 72 in March. Purchased a Trek Dual Sport + last Friday. Can’t wait for the weather to turn spring like.

Court, Richard here. I just discovered this thread after participating in your excellent forum for the past transformational year. Ebikes have done wonders to restore my health and vitality following a major heart attack. My average daily ride is close to 30 miles. I have dropped 30 lbs and gone from gassing up my car every week to doing it every six weeks. My cardiologist who rides a Trek Supercomuter 8, calls me "miracle man" as the extent of my recovery has far exceeded his (and my) expectations. Riding 6,200 miles in my first year on ebikes is the sole factor.

I live in Bellingham, Washington 85 miles north of Seattle and 50 miles south of Vancouver, BC With my recent semi-retirement I no longer work in Alaska half the year so my handle Alaskan here on the forum is a bit dated.

Great riding territory around here. Decent bike infrastructure in town, with adequate bike lanes on many of the rural arterial roads out in our gorgeous agricultural and river areas. Unfortunately our world class mountain bike area, Galbreath Mountain, is off limits to all ebikes. Nevertheless there are wonderful, fire and logging roads through the North Cascades just east of us and several great rails to trails around the state.

Our stable of ebikes includes a 2017 Cube Touring Hybrid with Bosch CX (delimited) and Diore XT 8000 group set. 2018 Riese & Muller Homage Rohloff HS, 2019 Riese & Muller Rohloff HS and a 2018 Riese & Muller Delight Mountain (delimited). I have my own basement bike mechanic shop and love tinkering, fine tuning and maintaining the fleet.

If your travels ever find you in this neck of the woods, Nancy and I would be honored to put you up, or at least share a ride and dinner.

I lived in Chicago for my first 27 years, mike1966, you put your age at 72, does 66 have a certain meaning for you. I bring it up because I joined the service in 66. I live on the north side and I never owned a bike! I’ll make up for lost time if the weather will just get with it! I’ve been looking at a year round bike,( pebble ). Very pricey, but it gives me something to shoot for...... Iater folks.

I lived in Chicago for my first 27 years, mike1966, you put your age at 72, does 66 have a certain meaning for you. I bring it up because I joined the service in 66. I live on the north side and I never owned a bike! I’ll make up for lost time if the weather will just get with it! I’ve been looking at a year round bike,( pebble ). Very pricey, but it gives me something to shoot for...... Iater folks.
The 1966 references a 1966 corvette I’ve owned since the late 1970. Once you start riding the lake front you will be riding everyday. I’ve been riding a regular bike for years. I only got an electric bike due to health issues that prevented me from riding with buddies.

Hi Court,
I have been riding ebikes for close to 4 years, and your site has been invaluable in helping me to buy the bike that is right for me. I appreciate that you are so thorough in your reviews. I live in san Francisco. If you ever are here, feel free to contact me. I would love to go for a ride or have lunch. If you really need it, I could probably offer you a place to stay (I live right next to the Panhandle of Golden Gate Park, where it is great to ride).
Thanks again for all you do for the ebike community.

Hi Court. I just discovered this thread as well, although I've been on the forum for several months. I live in Austin, Texas, where the bike culture is strong but the ebike culture is new. I discovered ebikes in Germany, where my wife is from. Friends of her parents rode Riese & Muller, and I could identify the quality immediately. Unfortunately, the closest R&M dealer was 900 miles away. I then explored the ebikes at a local shop, Electric Avenue Scooters. I liked them all but still wanted an R&M. After many discussions with dealers across the country, I started having discussions with Electric Avenue Scooters about becoming a dealer. To my surprise, they did it, and were able to get me a Supercharger Nuvinci in two weeks. I now commute to and from work, 30 miles a day. And love it.

Like many have mentioned, your videos, reviews, and forum were a huge help -- especially since I didn't have many ebike dealers in the area. Thank you for that.

Hi Court! Thanks for posting the unedited video from Electric City Bikes in D.C. I didn't even know it existed, but now I have a destination for my new (first) e-bike! Keep it up, man. You are playing your part in saving the world! And thanks for EBR. I am spreading the word here in Northern Virginia.

Cheers, from a grumpy old man in Virginia...

Living the dream in Colorado. Could the mountain biking be any better? There are still some issues in regard to ebike access to trails, but I'm confident that the sheer number of ebikes on the horizon will overwhelm any resistance.
My first ebike was an Electra cruiser, a wonderful bike, my second was a kickstarter campaign mountain bike, not a wonderful bike, and now I have my Haibike, which is an unstoppable beast on the trails.
I continue to travel around Colorado to try new trail systems, and lately I've expanded to riding the trails near Laramie, WY.

Attachments

• IMG_3519-L.jpg
    IMG_3519-L.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 435
Living the dream in Colorado. Could the mountain biking be any better? There are still some issues in regard to ebike access to trails, but I'm confident that the sheer number of ebikes on the horizon will overwhelm any resistance.
My first ebike was an Electra cruiser, a wonderful bike, my second was a kickstarter campaign mountain bike, not a wonderful bike, and now I have my Haibike, which is an unstoppable beast on the trails.
I continue to travel around Colorado to try new trail systems, and lately I've expanded to riding the trails near Laramie, WY.

I'm in Durango, so let me know if you come down this way and we can ride - as long as you're okay with me riding an acoustic bike on the mtb trails! (My e-bike is my townie/car-replacement.) Or I will point you to the trails. I have ridden a friend's Haibike mtb and I have to agree, it's a beast.

I'm in Durango, so let me know if you come down this way and we can ride - as long as you're okay with me riding an acoustic bike on the mtb trails! (My e-bike is my townie/car-replacement.) Or I will point you to the trails. I have ridden a friend's Haibike mtb and I have to agree, it's a beast.
I’ve been traveling around the state to ride and Durango is on the list. Lately, I’ve ridden Curt Gowdy near Laramie and then trails near Grand Junction.

Last edited:
Hi, everybody! I'm Jack and at this time I'm still looking. Recently went up to Mackinaw City, Mi and resurrected my 1973 Raleigh Sprite from the basement for the trip. Went up with a friend and we did a lot of riding both up at the island and at the campground I stayed in. While there I took advantage of a Pedego coupon while in Petoskey, for a free one hour ride for myself and a friend. We used Interceptor's and had an interesting ride down to to waterfront and into a park. Was okay but quite honestly I didn't enjoy the ride as much as I thought I would based on the weight and size of the Pedego's. While headed back to the shop I happened to see a Raleigh Detour IE from another shop in Petoskey. Stopped there and they let me ride the Detour and It so reminded me of my Sprite. So here I am continuing to research and just found a shop not to far from my home here in metro St. Louis that carries Raleigh. I'm probably going to stop by tomorrow and see what other models they have. I am retired at this point in my life and we do have some nice trails that run through the area. Obviously I still love my Sprite but having pedal assist would probably get me out a lot more for some needed recreation exercise. I've included a picture of my Sprite, the Pedego's that we rode, and the Detour that I rode. I really enjoyed the brief ride on the Detour since it was very similar to the feel and handling of my Sprite.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_3243.jpg
    IMG_3243.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Hi, everybody! I'm Jack and at this time I'm still looking. Recently went up to Mackinaw City, Mi and resurrected my 1973 Raleigh Sprite from the basement for the trip. Went up with a friend and we did a lot of riding both up at the island and at the campground I stayed in. While there I took advantage of a Pedego coupon while in Petoskey, for a free one hour ride for myself and a friend. We used Interceptor's and had an interesting ride down to to waterfront and into a park. Was okay but quite honestly I didn't enjoy the ride as much as I thought I would based on the weight and size of the Pedego's. While headed back to the shop I happened to see a Raleigh Detour IE from another shop in Petoskey. Stopped there and they let me ride the Detour and It so reminded me of my Sprite. So here I am continuing to research and just found a shop not to far from my home here in metro St. Louis that carries Raleigh. I'm probably going to stop by tomorrow and see what other models they have. I am retired at this point in my life and we do have some nice trails that run through the area. Obviously I still love my Sprite but having pedal assist would probably get me out a lot more for some needed recreation exercise. I've included a picture of my Sprite, the Pedego's that we rode, and the Detour that I rode. I really enjoyed the brief ride on the Detour since it was very similar to the feel and handling of my Sprite.

Good luck with your search. Whole new world is about to open up for you.

If you really love that old Raleigh, why not consider converting it to an e-bike? There are reasonably-priced mid-drive kits from Bafang and TongSheng (check Amazon). Or you could replace the rear wheel with a hub-drive wheel, but that's probably more complicated. If you're more in the "buy and ride" mindset, those Raleigh e-bikes look pretty sweet and aren't astronomically priced. But definitely do the research. There are some great products out there nowadays. Good luck!

If you really love that old Raleigh, why not consider converting it to an e-bike? There are reasonably-priced mid-drive kits from Bafang and TongSheng (check Amazon). Or you could replace the rear wheel with a hub-drive wheel, but that's probably more complicated. If you're more in the "buy and ride" mindset, those Raleigh e-bikes look pretty sweet and aren't astronomically priced. But definitely do the research. There are some great products out there nowadays. Good luck!

Yeah I love my old Raleigh, but conversion is somewhat beyond my technical capabilities. I really like that Detour IE and with a knee that acts up at times and my 71 year old age, a little assistance can be welcome. Biggest issue with the expense involved, is that I hate to make a mistake and end up hating what I buy after spending some time on it. Local stores are pretty limited on selection by brand and while I can read the glowing reviews from many of the sites I find on the Internet, looking for these brands locally is either extremely limited or non existent.

I went to a large bike dealer yesterday who claims to sell Raleigh Bikes, he notes that he doesn't stock them, but will order for me. Another Raleigh dealer close to my home says I don't have any e-bikes on the floor, but I'll order what ever you want. At least Raleigh if you order from their web site will deliver to your local dealer and accept a return within 30 days if you don't like it. But even that is futile since you really need to have multiple bikes in stock to compare, ride and contrast before you make a decision.

I was out of town on vacation in Michigan and had a chance to ride a Pedego Interceptor at a local Pedego store. Glad I did because after that ride, I ruled that bike out. That's where I found another dealer in the same city who had the Raleigh Detour IE that I rode and liked immensely.

Unless you live in a city with e-bike heritage and population, trying to find one is a difficult process.

Yeah I love my old Raleigh, but conversion is somewhat beyond my technical capabilities. I really like that Detour IE and with a knee that acts up at times and my 71 year old age, a little assistance can be welcome. Biggest issue with the expense involved, is that I hate to make a mistake and end up hating what I buy after spending some time on it. Local stores are pretty limited on selection by brand and while I can read the glowing reviews from many of the sites I find on the Internet, looking for these brands locally is either extremely limited or non existent.

I went to a large bike dealer yesterday who claims to sell Raleigh Bikes, he notes that he doesn't stock them, but will order for me. Another Raleigh dealer close to my home says I don't have any e-bikes on the floor, but I'll order what ever you want. At least Raleigh if you order from their web site will deliver to your local dealer and accept a return within 30 days if you don't like it. But even that is futile since you really need to have multiple bikes in stock to compare, ride and contrast before you make a decision.

I was out of town on vacation in Michigan and had a chance to ride a Pedego Interceptor at a local Pedego store. Glad I did because after that ride, I ruled that bike out. That's where I found another dealer in the same city who had the Raleigh Detour IE that I rode and liked immensely.

Unless you live in a city with e-bike heritage and population, trying to find one is a difficult process.

E bike Heritage - I think that's one for the future JC? Good luck finding your ideal bike.

Back