Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Hello everyone newby here just popped in after a bit of a Google because i had a problem with my e-bike i have had it around 4 years now but certain health problems meant that it didnt get used to often if ever, needing a new right shoulder joint replacement and then a right hip joint replacement has been a year now since the hip job so i am getting a bit of cycle time in. Battery is fully charged and raring to go so didnt enjoy getting Error 23 coming up when i switched on but this site came to the rescue it is a small 3 pin plug that has parted company but all pushed together so now im up n running and as the weather is in the mid 20s even better i have saddle bags to carry my art and photography gear so i can really get off the beaten track now and enjoy myself Happy Days from Great Yarmouth in Norfolk UK

Another new guy from bay area. Couple of weeks ago got interested in eBikes by my friend who is commuting such way. Tried couple of eBikes from elv motors and bike connection. So far, choice is Bulls but still looking around.

Another new guy from bay area. Couple of weeks ago got interested in eBikes by my friend who is commuting such way. Tried couple of eBikes from elv motors and bike connection. So far, choice is Bulls but still looking around.
Bike depends on how and where you ride. Are you a mtb rider? What kind- trail, xc, enduro, DH ? Just a commuter needing an urban jungle bike ? How about a 29'r? Love the loose, snowy, or sandy stuff? Get a fattie. Prob. no single great brand; all depends on your intended use and riding style.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm mtb rider but ebike is going to be used mainly for about 10 miles commuting. I would like to get one with good battery range so I don't have to charge it every day. And I like mid-drive motor. So LACUBA EVO E45S looks like a good choice.

Yeah, I'm mtb rider but ebike is going to be used mainly for about 10 miles commuting. I would like to get one with good battery range so I don't have to charge it every day. And I like mid-drive motor. So LACUBA EVO E45S looks like a good choice.

Well, just know this: Bulls dealers will service the bike only if they themselves sold it to you. I'm also finding little warranty support so far from Bulls USA. Crazy, as I live just 25 miles from Bulls USA.

I'd go with warranty and customer service over bike aesthetics - my mistake.

Also, I thought top speed didn't matter b/c i ride trails, but when I ride asphalt, I find I'd prefer a top speed of 28 mph (like an S Pedelec) or even 40 mph (perhaps an R Pedelec). On streets, 20 mph feels slow as molasses!

Thx for advice. If I'm going to buy Bulls, I will buy from the dealer. At least those two I've mentioned are close.

Once you've tried 28 mph on asphalt, it's hard to go back to 20. I've tried and feeling was that somethings is wrong.

Hey Court , enjoy all your videos, im not able to ride a bike , the past 3 years ive been using apower assist attachment t my manual wheelchair, its a Batec trike electric power , made in Spain, its given me more freedom , independance and i feel like im on a bike again , , i can travel all places a bike can go , i just purchased some off road tyres for my chair , these work great , can you do a review on all power assist trikes 4 wheel quads for people with dsabilitys, wheelchair users, ( paraplegics, ) , we are very limited in buying items in Australia, all the parts on my Batec trike are simular to Ebike parts, except now im finding it extremely difficult to get any ebike shop or mechanic,to service or repair my Batec trike local or even in the large citys, im needing some parts added to my Batec, & few other repairs , who do you think i should ask for help ? The wheelchair places dont have the knowledge to repair , its becoming harder , im worried that soon it will break down , & im not able to fix, & it will end up in the pile of junk in my garage , this is my transport ,as i dont have a car, only way i can access the world " well almost " thank you lynda

Hello, I am a newbie here, so happy to find this site, it is just terrific! I purchased a DJ City bike online, but returned it. Now I am spending an enormous amount of time researching, trying to figure out what to buy. I will be riding 6 months in beautful BC, and 6 months in sunny Arizona. My profile name, DragNLady does not pertain to drag racing on my bike, LOL, but rather, it is the name of my my 1200HP dragster. This site is amazing, so hepful for beginner e-bikers like me. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Is there a thread for that bike in the brand-specific forums? If there is, that'd be a good place to check.

I do think that test riding before you buy is a very good idea. Different bikes provide different riding experiences.

Keep checking back--it may take time to get an answer there. In the meantime, I hope things go better for you as you shop for a different bicycle.

Thank you, Amy, I am very eager to find the bike that is right for me, (but it is a difficult process) and so thankful that I came across this site, there has been so much helpful information that I have accessed aleady. I am most appreciative.

Hi everyone, it’s exciting to join in the Ebike revolution and nice to be accepted onto this forum; thank you Court and Amy!
Also, I gotta say thank you to Court for starting the forum and doing all those reviews which not only has been a HUGE source of pertinent and concise info but also has probably been a big push for a lot of these companies to improve so many aspects of the bikes and sales/service with his feedback and obvious honesty. Well done Sir! ??
I’m a 45 yo guy that’s been cycling since I could climb on a tricycle, but I mostly mountain bike and commute nowadays. I’ve worked in some nice LA bike shops back in the early 90’s (I’m a tattoo artist now) and since then I’ve collected about a dozen high end bikes and as many frames and boxes of parts. Mostly vintage and not ridden much now. The two main bikes I ride these days are my Jones Spaceframe titanium rigid or the new enduro, a Turner RFXc, both that I’ve custom built up. Anyways, I’m in process of getting a ti frame builder to surgically remove the BB and replace it with my just delivered (from LunaCycle) Bafang Ultra mid-drive with a 14ah 48v battery. Needless to say I’m very excited! A bit nervous to take a very expensive titanium frame and have it so seriously modified but I doubt I’ll regret it once I’m zipping along...

I do plan to program the modes to create both a class 1 for around town cruising and Seattle hill climbing as well as a full performance setting so I can use the power when needed off road. I’m very experienced as a trail rider and will always be conscious about minimizing trail damage but I definitely want to be able to use torque and HP to clear technical climbs. The Jones is so versital and capable that I use it for city, trail and bikepacking, which I can see converting it to electric would open up so much more range and fun. I never ever imagined I would willingly ADD 20lbs onto my bike but it’ll be worth it to ride like I’ve got Miguel Indurain’s legs :D

Here’s pics:

Attachments

• 63793DED-5FAC-4406-B5F0-8C30CEDD48C1.jpeg
    63793DED-5FAC-4406-B5F0-8C30CEDD48C1.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 395
  • E117889C-7B32-4803-A99D-D6C6B51047D5.jpeg
    E117889C-7B32-4803-A99D-D6C6B51047D5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 364
Greetings from the Pacific NorthWet, Washington. We're up here on the Olympic Peninsula close to Port Hadlock. We are in our mid 60's, and these bikes ought to extend our enjoyment of dirt bike riding without the dirt bikes! We also own Canondale Lefty's but are finding that our enjoyable extended (non-power assist) bicycle rides up in this hilly country ain't so enjoyable anymore!
I just received my wife's new Juiced RipCurrent S. I ordered it and a HyperFat 1100 for myself. I ordered the bikes on 10/25, and received the RipCurrent the next day as it was in their Washington warehouse. My tracking number on the HyperFat states it will be delivered (tomorrow) 10/29.
The RPS (Rip Current S) went together easily, and there were no problems with the bike. Fine tuned it, rode it 15 miles, then set it up to fit my wife's specs and off she went! She loves it! I am a Marine Technician by trade so I do have a deep background in/on such things electrical and mechanical. I've also spent my entire drivers licensed life fooling with motorcycles and 4 wheeled vehicles. So, maybe this helped in setting up the bike. That stated, there's not much to them. I hope I may be an asset to your forum

Last edited:
Court; come on up to northern MI and we'll go for a ride along the shores of lake Superior and lake Michigan. (don't forget to bring studded tires, a ski or snowmobile suit, winter boots and gloves)

Back