Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Wow, what an amazing job! Hopefully some day I might be able to host a visit at our shop. :)
That would be fun! Where's your shop at? I'm preparing a massive road trip for 2017 but planning to start in the Southern parts of the US where it will be warmer in the winter months :p

Thanks Court. I have your YouTube channel listed in favorites and check it almost daily to see what's new. One problem I have is that I weigh about 100 more pounds than you do...235lbs. Maybe you could put on a 100 pound backpack to try bikes and see what happens. :)
That's an amazing idea :p sometimes I try to get friends or marketing people... even the designers to hop on and film. the way I work, flying and driving around everywhere, makes carrying that kind of weight difficult and maybe even a bit dangerous?! Part of the reason these forums are emphasized more and kept clean is so that you can ask other real life riders who might be taller, heavier etc. but I know that's not quite the answer you'd like... I'll keep brainstorming on this but in the meantime I appreciate your support and encouragement!

That would be fun! Where's your shop at? I'm preparing a massive road trip for 2017 but planning to start in the Southern parts of the US where it will be warmer in the winter months :p

We are located in Oregon City, Oregon. Historically, the end of the Oregon Trail, and one of the first places to transmit A/C Power from the Willamatte Falls Electric Company in 1890! We also have some of the best bicycle trails you will find anywhere. :)

I am currently working to build my first hand built Stretch Cruiser much like the one you see in my signature, I believe that E-Bikes are something more than just electrically assisted bicycles, along the lines of California's creating different classes of E-Bikes for different needs, but a new more accessible form of transportation, particularly for those unable to travel as well on pedaling alone.

In my case, I much prefer an E-Bike that will help haul my mobile repair trailer (about 150 lbs) up a 10% grade and allow my reaching customers up to 5 miles away. Here in Oregon City, a steep 2 mile long hill separates the city, and we have the US's only outdoor municipal elevator to help connect down-town to up-town.

I have been building E-Bike from kits for some time after my father had a nasty bicycle accident in 2007, and upon his recovery, was unable to get back on a bicycle with out the electric assist, my own health issues have been tremendously improved with an E-Bike, you might say I am a bit of a E-Bike Evangelist. ;)

Court-Happy travels on your 2017 journey into the world of ebikes. We will all be watching. I also hope, if you get into the Bay area, you could check out the finally released Cycleboard! It looks very well built through 8 years of R & D. Be Safe and well!

WOW.......my wife and I (66 years old) in Marseille France went on an e bike tour and it was hilly!! and we had a great time. We are going to do a 3 month Nt Park tour this summer in our RV and thought to get bikes and she said she really would like an electric bike......and I said they don't have them in the US!!!!..(never saw one).....so I happened to go online and typed in a search and found myself watching your reviews. I am sooooo amazed. I can't stop smiling. Now comes the hard part. How to figure out what to buy! and where to go to test ride (we are in Asheville NC)....thanks so much for doing what you love to do and sharing that joy with all of us.

Thanks Court for being such a pillar of this tightknit community and looking forward to contributing.

I was introduced to e-bikes via GenZe two, three years ago, and loved the freedom and versatility these bikes offer. I ride the heck out of the e101 they lent me to the point that my trusty Trek has been hanging up on a hook for about a year now. OK, OK, it needed some work.

I've been covering the world of electric vehicles (EV) for a decade now and saw the exuberant, yet innocent 2008 beginnings to the now fairly stagnant electric car market. Things are still happening but at a very slow pace. I've had more fun covering electric motorcycles. And then one day, I stumbled on the Electric Bike Expo here in Long Beach in 2017. Bang! What a pleasant surprise. You guys keep this industry buzzing and humming well past any other electric mobility segments.

I can't believe how welcoming this community is and how friendly most people are in general. I also had a blast seeing senior citizens enjoying what seemed like a new lease on life riding the e-bike at the expo and not wanting to come back to the booths!

Well, got to get ready. I'm getting a few e-bikes on loan for test rides. I'll film, record and just have fun with it. I've been wanting to do a Newbies' Corner or something like that for a while. I too am overwhelmed with the choice and lingo, specifically lingo. I mean seriously, do you know how odd it is to hear the word cartridge when talking about bicycles when you're also a musician?

Hints and tips are always appreciated :)

WOW.......my wife and I (66 years old) in Marseille France went on an e bike tour and it was hilly!! and we had a great time. We are going to do a 3 month Nt Park tour this summer in our RV and thought to get bikes and she said she really would like an electric bike......and I said they don't have them in the US!!!!..(never saw one).....so I happened to go online and typed in a search and found myself watching your reviews. I am sooooo amazed. I can't stop smiling. Now comes the hard part. How to figure out what to buy! and where to go to test ride (we are in Asheville NC)....thanks so much for doing what you love to do and sharing that joy with all of us.

Salut CharlieBilly, I'm originally from Nice!

Thanks Court for being such a pillar of this tightknit community and looking forward to contributing.

I was introduced to e-bikes via GenZe two, three years ago, and loved the freedom and versatility these bikes offer. I ride the heck out of the e101 they lent me to the point that my trusty Trek has been hanging up on a hook for about a year now. OK, OK, it needed some work.

I've been covering the world of electric vehicles (EV) for a decade now and saw the exuberant, yet innocent 2008 beginnings to the now fairly stagnant electric car market. Things are still happening but at a very slow pace. I've had more fun covering electric motorcycles. And then one day, I stumbled on the Electric Bike Expo here in Long Beach in 2017. Bang! What a pleasant surprise. You guys keep this industry buzzing and humming well past any other electric mobility segments.

I can't believe how welcoming this community is and how friendly most people are in general. I also had a blast seeing senior citizens enjoying what seemed like a new lease on life riding the e-bike at the expo and not wanting to come back to the booths!

Well, got to get ready. I'm getting a few e-bikes on loan for test rides. I'll film, record and just have fun with it. I've been wanting to do a Newbies' Corner or something like that for a while. I too am overwhelmed with the choice and lingo, specifically lingo. I mean seriously, do you know how odd it is to hear the word cartridge when talking about bicycles when you're also a musician?

Nicolas-Great to see another new member. Will you be posting your film records on YouTube. Please let us know what your channel name is. Thanks!;)

Nicolas-Great to see another new member. Will you be posting your film records on YouTube. Please let us know what your channel name is. Thanks!;)

Thanks Bob, it's really a pleasure to be here and to have found you guys.

I've finished a Genze e101 year-long review I will post here. I'm going to shoot the video this afternoon and then edit it over the next day.

I'm looking forward to your comment as I'm learning more and more about this amazing community.

Thanks Bob, it's really a pleasure to be here and to have found you guys.

I've finished a Genze e101 year-long review I will post here. I'm going to shoot the video this afternoon and then edit it over the next day.

I'm looking forward to your comment as I'm learning more and more about this amazing community.

Nicolas- You are going to absolutely love it here. Court Rye and his staff are doing an outstanding job with this forum. A HUGE wealth of info and everyone is so nice and down to earth and willing to help! Time will tell and you will become a big fan IMHO! Thanks and enjoy!:D

Nicolas- BTW, I absolutely love the KTM Freeride ESM electric Motorcycle. Looks like a fun ride!

Nicolas- BTW, I absolutely love the KTM Freeride ESM electric Motorcycle. Looks like a fun ride!

Thanks, Bob, I'm already a big fan. I met Court a few weeks again and was taken by the outgoing nature everyone seems to have here. I'm looking forward to contributing and to hear what you all have to say.

You're right, there is a wealth of information here!

Thanks, Bob, I'm already a big fan. I met Court a few weeks again and was taken by the outgoing nature everyone seems to have here. I'm looking forward to contributing and to hear what you all have to say.

You're right, there is a wealth of information here!
It was great meeting you Nicolas and I look forward to seeing your newbie corner and some reviews and general thoughts on electric bikes. You're smart, come from another technical space (electric cars) and at the same time are experiencing this for the first time so I think you'll bring a really unique perspective!

Hi Court, I enjoy all your reviews, you do a great job and service to the ebike community. My wife and I each have e-assisted recumbent trikes. I have an ICE Sprint F-SX tadpole trike with a Falco hub and my wife has a Sun EZ-3AX Delta trike with a Bafang BBS02 mid drive. We enjoy them immensely.
I started watching your reviews and reading this forum and purchased a Rad Mini. Because of rainy weather I only have about 10 miles on it but it's a blast!
Thanks again,
Tom

Hi Court, I wish I had known about your channel before my first ebike purchase, you could have saved me $1000 but I learned the hard way about buying used from Creigslist. A bike the I thought only needed a new battery ended up needing a new controller and motor. I ended up gutting it and installing a kit. That's when I started watching your channel and my next ebike purchase was a much more educated selection. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and if your ever in Phoenix I'll go for a ride with you. As for the couch, yes I have one but I also have a cat so you might want to pass on that.

Hey @Robert W Green, glad the site has helped you and thanks for chiming in here and sharing your experience. My first ebike experience was lame too but I saw the potential and am happy to see these things getting better with each passing year! Which ebike are you looking at now or what did you buy after the Craigslist one?

Hey @Robert W Green, glad the site has helped you and thanks for chiming in here and sharing your experience. My first ebike experience was lame too but I saw the potential and am happy to see these things getting better with each passing year! Which ebike are you looking at now or what did you buy after the Craigslist one?

Last year I bought a BigCat Fatcat XL and a year later have over 2200 miles on it. I had to replace the seat with a noseless seat and the mtb handlebars with beachcruiser handlebars and now own what I call a bruiser. I'll be recieving an UbanX all in one wheel soon that I think I'll install on an Electra Cruiser 7D. This bike will be my weekender and backup bike for when the FatCat is in the shop. I wanted to add pictures but couldn't get them to fit.

Hi everyone,

I come from Germany and work as a paramedic at the German Red Cross. In my spare time I like to spend time on my bike and have fun. I am looking forward to meeting new friends and acquaintances. :)

@Court , thank you for your great personality. You saved me with your sympathetic kind so many days.

Cheers Toby

Back