Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Hey people, how u all doing ? i Am new here, and i am really interested in electric bike! since having deficinecy of hgh. the bike could be very helpful for me.(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Last edited:
Hey people, how u all doing ? i Am new here, and i am really interested in electric bike!
Welcome to the site Priond! Hope you enjoy learning here and get some help finding the perfect electric bike for your lifestyle and budget :)

Court. You are a great host. I started my interest with a possible ebike by watching you tube vids of Radrover. I truly thought that was THE ebike for me. A forum member suggested the Pacer. I watched your review and your enthusiasm for it was attractive. THEN two days ago I watched your Voltbike enduro review!! You seemed very impressed! And the price point is attractive. I am starting to lean towards mid drive? Less stuff back there. What do you think of the Volt enduro fitted with upright bars? Like cruiser bar retrofitting. Just curious. I am 71 yrs old and looking for 75% pavement and 25% dirt. I am starting to realize I might be able to spend a lot less than $3k as well. I think I may want fat tires as well. Hydraulic brakes would be cool. How about this Teo-fat? I can't find your review of it.? This may be a difficult choice but I have time for more research.

I am interested in finding out more on the fatbike as well. Do you have pictures of your bike and hoe. You have it set up?

Before the official intro I just wanted to say if anyone lives in SoCal, NorCal, Vancouver, South Florida, Colorado, Austin or another area with lots of ebikes and wants to go for a ride, grab lunch or even has a couch to crash on... sound off! I've met some great people here in the past and enjoyed visiting and experiencing new locations with a local friend. Comment or message me!

Hey guys and gals, this is Court Rye! I created EBR in 2013 to help people understand and better choose electric bicycles for their lifestyle and budget. My own first purchase was confusing, expensive and frustrating... I bought online and felt like I spent too much when the bike actually arrived. I had never assembled an ebike before and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get help from a regular shop if I messed something up or it broke and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever want to buy it used someday if I decided to upgrade or just move on. It was a tense day and I felt very alone, there were very few resources at the time but one that I relied on a lot was ElectricBikeReport.com run by my now-friend Pete Prebus!

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but moderator @Ann M. is here for you and she's great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

Just below is a video I shot before jumping into EBR full time. I was working for a tech startup in Austin, TX and using ebikes to commute to work... the bike in the video is an Easy Motion Neo Jumper and was my third electric bike! I finally felt like I had found one that worked great for me and was excited to share the experience with the world.

As always, thanks for being involved here. Your comments, helping each other and feedback to me make this place special and it means a lot. As always, ride safe! Here are a few pics of me doing reviews, this is how the magic happens baby XD

View attachment 7398 View attachment 7401 View attachment 7404 View attachment 7407 View attachment 7410 View attachment 7413 View attachment 7416 View attachment 7419 View attachment 7422

I also would like to extend my thanks to you @Court, you have provided all the information I could have wanted to help me make a wise decision on a good E-bike.

In my case à Téo Fat Bike is just what the doctor ordered. I have taken delivery and could not be happier. It has exceeded my expectations by a good margin.

By the same token, I have made good friends.

Good work with this site. It's appreciated.

Hi Court, just wanted to thank you for your fantastic work promoting E-bikes and keeping this great web site. A great invention, sustainability plus fun. What else could you ask for? Just a suggestion: What about a little more about the riding feelings of the E-bikes you review? :)

Thanks @Miguel A. de Pedro, I will keep your feedback in mind over the next several days and try to describe the ride feeling a bit more. I am currently near Los Angeles working with Bulls on some reviews for 2018 :)

Court, I'd also like to join the chorus with a deserved thank you, not only for inspiring me as a rider, but as an entrepreneur. I've been a lurker for a while, gathering insights and opinions from your reviews, and inspiration and real-world wisdom from the anecdotes and enthusiasm of your online community. (I stayed in the shadows because I didn't want to misrepresent myself, nor did I want to be that "self-promoter guy.") Prototypes of all four of my models arrive in less than a month and I'll be in touch to invite you for that SoCal ride. It will be fun, my backyard is basically a test track with dirt and paved bike trails, BMX dirt track and less than 10 minutes to the beach! (Sorry in advance for not letting you jump the bikes on any of the BMX ramps. LOL)

Court, I'd also like to join the chorus with a deserved thank you, not only for inspiring me as a rider, but as an entrepreneur. I've been a lurker for a while, gathering insights and opinions from your reviews, and inspiration and real-world wisdom from the anecdotes and enthusiasm of your online community. (I stayed in the shadows because I didn't want to misrepresent myself, nor did I want to be that "self-promoter guy.") Prototypes of all four of my models arrive in less than a month and I'll be in touch to invite you for that SoCal ride. It will be fun, my backyard is basically a test track with dirt and paved bike trails, BMX dirt track and less than 10 minutes to the beach! (Sorry in advance for not letting you jump the bikes on any of the BMX ramps. LOL)
Sounds fun! Thanks for the invite, are we already in touch? I do visit SoCal for reviews occasionally and would love to check out your bikes once they arrive. Even if I can't jump them, it will be fun to see your track! You can contact me using the Contact page and then we can coordinate further :)

I have a recumbent Mountain Bike E that I got back in 2001 and fitted with a Currie Motor and now have a Li Ping Lithium Battery.
I also have a home made Bill Darby tadpole that I use with a RideKick Trailer. I have never been able to get enough torque from the motor before the controller shuts it down so I can't use it to get me up the steep hill near my house. Has anyone used a Ridekick? I suspect that a better controller might work. I could use some help. I am in Central Massachusetts. Anyone around?

hello everyone from the Treasure Coast in Florida Looked for months at EBR trying to decide what bike to get Well I didn't have to decide as I got a Trek Conduit as a gift I have had it two weeks and love it Only other E Bike I have run across was a young man on a Sonders Looking forward to meeting other E Bikers in my area

Welcome to the family @e-trecker. We're looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing more about your new Trek Conduit! Start your own "Garage" thread and load it up :) Feel free to contact me if you need help with this or other parts of the EBR Forum

Court, thanks for giving us this great platform to share information. I’m getting ready to purchase my first ebike and I have been using EBR videos so far to gain information. I believe these forums will me with my final decision.

Hi!
First up, Thanks Court for creating EBR; great resource which is easy to follow and enjoy!
My Better Half and I have just completed converting my bike to an e-bike, the last 2 days of 'sample' rides has been a blast and certainly re-ignited my passion for cycling with the sun on my back and the wind in my helmet. :cool:
Thanks again, from the beautiful 'burbs of Brisbane, Australia.

Back