Hello from Everywhere! Friends and Visits?

Hello from Alberta, Canada! My wife and I took delivery of a pair of Creo SLs over a month ago and have tried to get in as much fall cycling as possible before the cold weather sets in here. So far we're impressed with the bikes and look forward to garnering more insightful knowledge of our rides from this forum. Just returned home from a two day trip to Jasper National Park where we put the Creos to good use. Waiting for delivery of our battery extenders so that we can push the distance of our rides to the max.

Attachments

• Creo Comp Carbon.jpg
    Creo Comp Carbon.jpg
    512.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Creo SL Exp.jpg
    Creo SL Exp.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_20200930_1301526.jpg
    IMG_20200930_1301526.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 327
Hello From the west coast, Silicon Valley, CA. Thank you for allowing me to join the board.

My wife has a Turbo Vado SL EQ and I have a Turbo Creo Comp SL EVO. They sound like Harley Davidson names, but we love the bikes. Both have had the latest firmware updates installed today for the motor and display. Be advised that the display will need to be paired to the bike again, but thankfully the odometer mileage is retained.

Great site...Don't have my bike yet, hopefully my Yamaha cross core will be here before the end of the week. Used EBR to help me decide on what bike to get. Already addicted to riding my Specialized Allez road bike with no assist, can't wait to get on my power assisted bike and do a little off roading. Thanks Court for all the great info ..

Hello from North Coastal San Diego County. My wife and I have been riding ebikes at our 2nd home on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire, since 2012. We have only had beach cruisers here in San Diego, and now want to discover the safe trails and roads here in SoCal with "new" ebikes. We are looking for Wave step thru Upright frames, IGH, throttle, Gates Belt, front fork suspension, 2" to 2.4" wide tires, hydraulic brakes, and higher torque motor. We have R&M 2019 Nevos in New Hampshire, which are great, but we miss a throttle and need more torque.
Thanks to Court and his crew for providing this exceptionally informative service. Best wishes to all, and stay safe.

Hello from Alberta, Canada! My wife and I took delivery of a pair of Creo SLs over a month ago and have tried to get in as much fall cycling as possible before the cold weather sets in here. So far we're impressed with the bikes and look forward to garnering more insightful knowledge of our rides from this forum. Just returned home from a two day trip to Jasper National Park where we put the Creos to good use. Waiting for delivery of our battery extenders so that we can push the distance of our rides to the max.
Kudos. Your pics make me think back to my younger days ... where such a bike would have been my pride and joy. :)

Hello from Wisconsin! Looking forward to reading as much as I can here before making my first ebike purchase!

New E-bike owner bought a Oreba Gain from HTTP://www.theproscloset.com put it together and first ride was different getting a little assistance. Will be interested in how well it climbs as well as the general handling.

Attachments

• IMG_4379.jpg
    IMG_4379.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 253
Hello from Saddle River, NJ. I'm looking to become a new e bike owner in the near future. Been doing a lot of online research and joined the EBR forum for help in making a final decision. I've narrowed it down to the Bolton 'Blackbird' or the Dost Kope. One's a fat tire and the other is more of a cruiser type. I know they're different but they both could fill my needs. I did look at Himiway (and was considering them) but I got too scared of their customer service reviews.
Looking for any advice from anyone who has some knowledge of the two. And if anyone has other suggestions for me to look at I'm willing to look.

Before the official intro I just wanted to say if anyone lives in SoCal, NorCal, Vancouver, South Florida, Colorado, Austin or another area with lots of ebikes and wants to go for a ride, grab lunch or even has a couch to crash on... sound off! I've met some great people here in the past and enjoyed visiting and experiencing new locations with a local friend. Comment or message me!

Hey guys and gals, this is Court Rye! I created EBR in 2013 to help people understand and better choose electric bicycles for their lifestyle and budget. My own first purchase was confusing, expensive and frustrating... I bought online and felt like I spent too much when the bike actually arrived. I had never assembled an ebike before and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get help from a regular shop if I messed something up or it broke and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever want to buy it used someday if I decided to upgrade or just move on. It was a tense day and I felt very alone, there were very few resources at the time but one that I relied on a lot was ElectricBikeReport.com run by my now-friend Pete Prebus!

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community, and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying to review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but our staff of @Angela M., @mitchhackleman, and @troehrkasse are here for you and they are great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

Just below is a video I shot before jumping into EBR full time. I was working for a tech startup in Austin, TX and using ebikes to commute to work... the bike in the video is an Easy Motion Neo Jumper and was my third electric bike! I finally felt like I had found one that worked great for me and was excited to share the experience with the world.

As always, thanks for being involved here. Your comments, helping each other and feedback to me make this place special and it means a lot. As always, ride safe! Here are a few pics of me doing reviews, this is how the magic happens baby XD

View attachment 7398View attachment 7401View attachment 7404View attachment 7407View attachment 7410View attachment 7413View attachment 7416View attachment 7419View attachment 7422

Update! In March of 2018, EBR and me were featured in an article on Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) magazine. It was an honor, but they were not able to fit in everything and I wanted to thank Ann M, Darlington, Tara, Brent, and Jeremy who have all helped in various ways to make this site and community possible, I love them and also appreciate everyone here who has contributed to this positive and useful space. I got permission to share the story here, and it's embedded as an image below along with some additional images I shared but that were not used (the last one is my Grandfather, who also loved riding bikes):

View attachment 20450View attachment 20458View attachment 20456View attachment 20451View attachment 20455
View attachment 20453View attachment 20452View attachment 20454View attachment 20457

A news station recently did a story on the history of EBR and they interviewed me. I got the full footage and posted it because it covers lots of topics, like how to pick an ebike and why they're awesome :D here's the video:

Hi just found this and its incredible thank you
Before the official intro I just wanted to say if anyone lives in SoCal, NorCal, Vancouver, South Florida, Colorado, Austin or another area with lots of ebikes and wants to go for a ride, grab lunch or even has a couch to crash on... sound off! I've met some great people here in the past and enjoyed visiting and experiencing new locations with a local friend. Comment or message me!

Hey guys and gals, this is Court Rye! I created EBR in 2013 to help people understand and better choose electric bicycles for their lifestyle and budget. My own first purchase was confusing, expensive and frustrating... I bought online and felt like I spent too much when the bike actually arrived. I had never assembled an ebike before and wasn't sure if I'd be able to get help from a regular shop if I messed something up or it broke and I wasn't sure if anyone would ever want to buy it used someday if I decided to upgrade or just move on. It was a tense day and I felt very alone, there were very few resources at the time but one that I relied on a lot was ElectricBikeReport.com run by my now-friend Pete Prebus!

Given how awesome this technology can be (health, community, and affordability wise) I was inspired to start reviewing bikes in my free time outside of work. I bought the domain electricbikereview.com for $1,500 and launched a WordPress site before eventually launching this forum so people could help each other. These days I'm so busy traveling and being "everywhere" trying to review the latest tech that I'm not on the forum as much as I'd like but our staff of @Angela M., @mitchhackleman, and @troehrkasse are here for you and they are great! I'm always open to more help so feel free to message me here or contact me directly if you'd like to join in. I believe in transparency and objectivity and do my best to disclose advertising relationships and moderator relationships etc. but still speak critically when need be. Please do the same, tell the truth and help people or at least use tact if you're on the attack :)

Just below is a video I shot before jumping into EBR full time. I was working for a tech startup in Austin, TX and using ebikes to commute to work... the bike in the video is an Easy Motion Neo Jumper and was my third electric bike! I finally felt like I had found one that worked great for me and was excited to share the experience with the world.

As always, thanks for being involved here. Your comments, helping each other and feedback to me make this place special and it means a lot. As always, ride safe! Here are a few pics of me doing reviews, this is how the magic happens baby XD

View attachment 7398View attachment 7401View attachment 7404View attachment 7407View attachment 7410View attachment 7413View attachment 7416View attachment 7419View attachment 7422

Update! In March of 2018, EBR and me were featured in an article on Bicycle Retailer and Industry News (BRAIN) magazine. It was an honor, but they were not able to fit in everything and I wanted to thank Ann M, Darlington, Tara, Brent, and Jeremy who have all helped in various ways to make this site and community possible, I love them and also appreciate everyone here who has contributed to this positive and useful space. I got permission to share the story here, and it's embedded as an image below along with some additional images I shared but that were not used (the last one is my Grandfather, who also loved riding bikes):

View attachment 20450View attachment 20458View attachment 20456View attachment 20451View attachment 20455
View attachment 20453View attachment 20452View attachment 20454View attachment 20457

A news station recently did a story on the history of EBR and they interviewed me. I got the full footage and posted it because it covers lots of topics, like how to pick an ebike and why they're awesome :D here's the video:

Court,

Thank you for everything you for ALL you do, this site is amazing my eyes have been opened and learning soso much you are a gift.

Last edited:
My wife and I just became Pedego Boomerang owners. We found the extremely low step through design of the Boomerang much to our liking. Our experience at the local Pedego store counldn't have been better. Very friendly, low key, no pressure. I appreciate all the great info and advice on this forum.

Hi Court,
I am new to the forum. In Petaluma, California - just North of Marin - we are doing Covid-safe group rides. I normally have a couple of spare eBikes, one friend is getting the new Sondors LX this week and would be thrilled let you try it.
. These Thursday group rides coincide with the SMART train from Larkspur Landing and the SF Ferry connection by The New Wheel. We meet on top of the Theater District parking garage and alternate between a beginners' flats ride and a hills and dirt ride. I convert local bikes and I like clean builds. If you want to see my website for photos just ask.
Thank you for what you do.

Attachments

• 12Stop05.JPG
    12Stop05.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 207
New to the Forum, I ordered a Multicharger from R&M, my plan is to go bikepacking for 6 months. In my eyes is the Multicharger a great bike for long bike holidays as you can easily carry 60 kilos on the bike.

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Waiting on my ebike, arriving middle of next week Cant wait, Will just be looking around forum till then.

hello everyone ! just received a juiced hyper scramble , got it all together i'm an older man 67 and i like it a lot a little high for me and would to get a second battery that fits it but don't want to spend 700 dollars any suggestions it a 52 volt 19.2 amp ! thankyou

Wow! I did not realize that court is the same person that does the EBR youtube reviews channel. Thank you for the good content.

I'm a new member- just got my ebike an Envo step thru engineered and built in BC - where I live. I'm from Langley, British Columbia, Canada and this is my first ebike! Loving it so far! Hello to you all!

Attachments

• envo_stepthru.jpg
    envo_stepthru.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 190
Back