Great Article on: "What E-Bikes Mean For Your Hard-Won Fitness DOES NEW PEDAL ASSIST TECHNOLOGY DIMINISH YOUR YEARS OF HARD WORK?

An excellent article! Thanks for posting.

Like so many articles on ebiking, critical or supportive, they all seem to ignore one point: If you want a workout, TURN OFF THE PAS! Ebikes are heavier than "acoustics" and will give you whatever level of workout you wish without the assist. Just because your bike is electric doesn't mean you have to use it!! The discussion should be about the self control of the rider, not the bike.

In my case, I usually start every ride with little or no assist. When I get my heart rate up for the prescribed length of time, I turn up the PAS and enjoy the ride while I cool down. Consequently, I ride farther, longer and more frequently than I otherwise would. This is personal discipline and has nothing to do with the mechanics of the bike!

As I have said on another thread, an eBike is just a tool. Like a treadmill, elliptical, or dumb bells, you get what you put into it. Nothing more and nothing less.

For me, no way. Those things are not fun. You are stuck indoors. There's no comparison. An E-bike is a fun way to get around, go to the woods and run the dog, head to the store, just go for a ride because. I'd never have one if it was like a treadmill.

I live uphill from everything and I'd be pushing a regular bike up it. That isn't fun.

Back