Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Anyone else in the UK expecting delivery of the bike will have to wait even longer as FedEx/TNT have stopped domestic deliveries. My bike has been stuck in the port of Felixstowe for nearly a month and by the looks of it at least another week before it starts moving again.

I haven’t even received my bike yet but I had an email today that Alibaba have released all the funds as I haven’t confirmed the shipment nor requested a refund within the given time period. Something for anyone else ordering to keep an eye on as global shipping delays are only going to increase.
I just experienced same thing today on October 9th. My bike is listed as being in California waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Can I ask how you resolved this or what else has happened since?

I just experienced same thing today on October 9th. My bike is listed as being in California waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Can I ask how you resolved this or what else has happened since?
It is a very slow process. The bikes are sent to a distribution facility that is swamped with all types of products. FedEx will pick it up when the distribution facility creates the tracking number. You will receive the tracking number but it could be several more days before it is actually picked up. For your sake, I hope it isn't FedEx. They used a different shipping company (heavy cargo freight) for delivery to me. Bottom line was the bike was in port in So Cal before Thanksgiving and it took until New Years Eve for me to get it.

I drove 400 miles roundtrip to get it on New Years Eve to pick it up from from the freight company because it was "delayed" (misrouted) to an intermediate station and had sat there for 2 days. That meant several more loadings/unloading's and that's when damage happens. It would have been another 3-4 days to actually be delivered to me so I called them and demanded they let me pick it up. It was a hassle but the bike was in good condition.

FedEx is hell on large heavy packages ...

It is a very slow process. The bikes are sent to a distribution facility that is swamped with all types of products. FedEx will pick it up when the distribution facility creates the tracking number. You will receive the tracking number but it could be several more days before it is actually picked up. For your sake, I hope it isn't FedEx. They used a different shipping company (heavy cargo freight) for delivery to me. Bottom line was the bike was in port in So Cal before Thanksgiving and it took until New Years Eve for me to get it.

I drove 400 miles roundtrip to get it on New Years Eve to pick it up from from the freight company because it was "delayed" (misrouted) to an intermediate station and had sat there for 2 days. That meant several more loadings/unloading's and that's when damage happens. It would have been another 3-4 days to actually be delivered to me so I called them and demanded they let me pick it up. It was a hassle but the bike was in good condition.

FedEx is hell on large heavy packages ...
What about Trade Assurance releasing the funds early? Weren't you (we) screwed if something was wrong?

Yes as the funds have been released in full you are at the mercy of the seller now.

At least FedEx is working in the USA, in the UK FedEx/TNT are suspending bike shipments until further notice which could mean weeks. I would imagine there is going to be a few unhappy children this Christmas as all stock supplies will be constrained.

What about Trade Assurance releasing the funds early? Weren't you (we) screwed if something was wrong?
As I recall (it's been a while) the buyer needs to file a claim indicating no delivery date has been determined due to shipping delays and you need to do this within the required times in the Alibaba contract e.g. before the contracts funds release point. I did this and the funds were not distributed until I indicated I had received the bike and it was in good nick but it took some effort.

I don't understand why it is taking so long to get the supply chain and logistics issues up to speed again. It seems that due to the pandemic, humans have decided to take the rest of the decade off. Too many help wanted signs posted everywhere keeping businesses running slowly or not at all while people are doing what exactly??? I understand the child care dilemma for families and that needs to be addressed but when a good portion of the population won't take the vaccine and or wear a damn mask, this will not resolve. My wife is in healthcare and do you think it is fair for healthcare workers to have to treat COVID patients who refuse to be vaccinated (or even wear a mask) and then they rush to the hospital for treatment when they get sick? If you refuse to wear a mask and take the vaccine, then please, take responsibility for your actions or lack thereof and stay out of hospitals when you get sick.

When we can not have conversations about important issues that are based upon a common set of facts, we are truly doomed as a society and civilization.

Rant over, have a nice day ...

Last edited:
Newbie here looking to buy md1000 from either leili or steamoon...i will be using mostly for hunting and trail riding..hills and rough terrain..im a big guy 6-2 270....anything i should look for or upgrades ...any input will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks Buckman

Newbie here looking to buy md1000 from either leili or steamoon...i will be using mostly for hunting and trail riding..hills and rough terrain..im a big guy 6-2 270....anything i should look for or upgrades ...any input will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks Buckman
Based upon your use case, the MD 1000 with SRAM drive train would probably be the best option. Quiet Kat makes a nice trailer for hunting that you might consider. As t o whom to order from, I'd say Leili is selling more MD1000's and so might be the better option. I liked the way they handled the complicated battery recall situation although some owners might not agree. In any case, it's a great bang for buck purchase and a long delivery wait will be the case any way you choose to go.

BTW, if you want to ride more than 40 miles a third battery is advisable.

Based upon your use case, the MD 1000 with SRAM drive train would probably be the best option. Quiet Kat makes a nice trailer for hunting that you might consider. As t o whom to order from, I'd say Leili is selling more MD1000's and so might be the better option. I liked the way they handled the complicated battery recall situation although some owners might not agree. In any case, it's a great bang for buck purchase and a long delivery wait will be the case any way you choose to go.

BTW, if you want to ride more than 40 miles a third battery is advisable.
Thanks...im prepared for the long wait ...not an issue...i just didnt see ordering for bikonit for the hefty price tag

Thanks...im prepared for the long wait ...not an issue...i just didnt see ordering for bikonit for the hefty price tag
No kidding, you can get the exact same bike with the Rohloff Speed Hub 14 belt drive for the same money. No brainer ...

BTW, that Rohloff 14 with it's over 500% gear range and the Ultra motor should make the MD a monster climber and, bump the unlocked controller version to some very high speeds using the high gears. Any more orders for this model?

Last edited:
I ordered from Leili, but no manual for the Bafang computer. Anybody have a link? Also, charging batteries while on the bike: I plugged in the charger and connected to the input on the bike, but it does not appear to be charging. Any help appreciated. thanks

I ordered from Leili, but no manual for the Bafang computer. Anybody have a link? Also, charging batteries while on the bike: I plugged in the charger and connected to the input on the bike, but it does not appear to be charging. Any help appreciated. thanks

There is a small red switch on the charger (unlabeled). Use a small screwdriver to slide it over. It will switch you from 240V to 110V and the charger should work immediately. You'll hear a cooling fan and see the LED light turn on.

This thing really is a blast. The maneuverability for such a big bike is incredible. The front fork arrived damaged and required replacement so I had the belt swapped out before ever ridding it just to avoid any issues. So far so good.
IMG_20211015_145737.jpg
IMG_20211015_124334.jpg

Biktrix website has PDF copies of the controller manual.

There is a small red switch on the charger (unlabeled). Use a small screwdriver to slide it over. It will switch you from 240V to 110V and the charger should work immediately. You'll hear a cooling fan and see the LED light turn on.
Thanks!!!

I'm experiencing a problem where my pedal assist and throttle stop working intermittently. The display is lit and the batteries are fully charged but suddenly I'm pedaling without any assistance. Sometimes it will restore itself by turning the power off then back on, but not always. I'm sure those of you that own this bike wouldn't want to be without the motor when you are miles from home, but I've had it happen twice now. The cables are fully connected and the bike has 50 miles on it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back