Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I guess that's two of us not following. I wasn't aware of your ownership status. If you have any batteries or are going to be getting batteries from Leili and they are not upgraded, I'd send them to FTH power for upgrading. All you need are the battery serial numbers and they will tell you if they are eligible for the recall upgrade.

It seems all Leili and Bikonit owners have been contacted. I have to wonder how many Bolton and Biktrix owners are not aware of this potentially serious situation or are just ignoring it ...

I guess that's two of us not following. I wasn't aware of your ownership status. If you have any batteries or are going to be getting batteries from Leili and they are not upgraded, I'd send them to FTH power for upgrading. All you need are the battery serial numbers and they will tell you if they are eligible for the recall upgrade.

It seems all Leili and Bikonit owners have been contacted. I have to wonder how many Bolton and Biktrix owners are not aware of this potentially serious situation or are just ignoring it ...
Hi again RMK, I purchased from Biktrix and they have reached out to all the owners that have been impacted on the recall and handling it under warranty, they need to protect their brand/reputation and the customer base they have built if they want to continue to thrive:)
Bolton, has been very hush about it, i think?

Thx,
LB

Hi again RMK, I purchased from Biktrix and they have reached out to all the owners that have been impacted on the recall and handling it under warranty, they need to protect their brand/reputation and the customer base they have built if they want to continue to thrive:)
Bolton, has been very hush about it, i think?

Thx,
LB
I kind of expected that Biktrix would be on it. I'm sure Bolton will do the same. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bolton has reached out to their customers as far as I know. I have them getting me a new front fork through Bikonit because Bikonit won't sell direct to me, and it isn't a warranty issue, I buggered the fork myself. but I got on their mailing list and go the battery notice from them.

Hi guys , for those who have had the batteries repaired by FTH Power can you tell me if the warranty has been extended?
If so, is it FTH Power or Leili who assumes it?

Hi guys , for those who have had the batteries repaired by FTH Power can you tell me if the warranty has been extended?
If so, is it FTH Power or Leili who assumes it?

From the email:
The warranty of your battery will be extended for 2 months after the RMA number was created.

I believe it applies to all the bikes described in this thread made by Leili e.g. Bikonit/Bolton and Biktrix included.
I received the BMS and I already opened a battery and even if I have some knowledge in electronics I really don't feel comfortable to touch that, some wires are very tight and there is already one crushed and bare stripped and what's more surprising is that the BMS has not that insulated layer shown on the video they sent me, so I rather have peace of mind and let do the job to the professionals .

I received an email from FTH this morning that they have not received the parts required to do the fix, and it will be 3-4 weeks before I receive my batteries back.

I received an email from FTH this morning that they have not received the parts required to do the fix, and it will be 3-4 weeks before I receive my batteries back.
That's why one needs at least 2 e-bikes. Sad, but it's the best insurance.

Yeah, I imagine we all got this. They expect the BMS parts to arrive by August 28th so early next week. Then it's FIFO.

That's why one needs at least 2 e-bikes. Sad, but it's the best insurance.
I have several, not a big deal to me. I decided to take a break, I've done 12,780 miles on my e-bikes since 10-2020, commuting 50 miles round trip 4-5 days a week. I'm riding my gas powered scooter this week:

4A89A016-7772-49B0-871C-BE4EA8FC83F3.jpeg

Anyone considering an upgrade to a belt drive? Kindernay is manufacturing the Kindernay VII, a 7 speed version of the Kindernay XIV; same build specs but with a single shifter instead of the two. No pricing yet. Sounds interesting.

Anyone considering an upgrade to a belt drive? Kindernay is manufacturing the Kindernay VII, a 7 speed version of the Kindernay XIV; same build specs but with a single shifter instead of the two. No pricing yet. Sounds interesting.
If you get more info on the belt drive hub from Kindermay please post. Thanks

I'm still waiting on my HD1000 that's been in California off the water, now in port, for 3 weeks. I have a fedex tracking number that shows fedex hasn't picked it up yet. Anybody else in the same boat?

I'm still waiting on my HD1000 that's been in California off the water, now in port, for 3 weeks. I have a fedex tracking number that shows fedex hasn't picked it up yet. Anybody else in the same boat?
It's a familiar situation. AFAIR, my bike arrived in Long Beach in Mid Nov 2020 and I didn't get it until New Years Eve. The Port of Long Beach terminal is seriously backed up with ship traffic and at the best of times it's 2 weeks to get a container ship into a slip, unloaded and the goods through customs. Since COVID, this can be a couple of months +/-. The old saying "a watched pot, never boils" comes to mind.

Does anyone know if the latest shipment is now shipping with a Canbus Bafang motor?

Don’t want to purchase a programming cable if it won’t work.

Does anyone know if the latest shipment is now shipping with a Canbus Bafang motor?

Don’t want to purchase a programming cable if it won’t work.
I read everything in 2021 is Canbus. The cable won't work. I got mine in July 2021 it's canbus. I am waiting for a hack or a dealer to unlock it. At least to a class 3. It came locked as class 2. I can peddle it to class 2 without a motor.

Back