Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Another thing I’ve noticed while we’re on the subject of the Sram set up is the gear change doesn’t actually take place until you release the trigger on the shifter as opposed to the Shimano set up which makes the change as you pull the trigger which means the motor cut out happens as you pull giving it a second to cut the power before the mechanical change happens. Long story short, the Sram is better for our bikes! Happy gear change means happy bike 👀🙂
The best thing about the SRAM is the quiet precision and ease of changing 1 gear either up or down. The shifter requires almost no thumb pressure and produces a clear and audible click. The ONLY time I have had an issue is when trying to shift more than 1 gear at a time mid hill climb. That created a mis-shift and I had to shift up then down to clear. In other words, if you long press the SRAM shifter it will move multiple positions and when you resume pedaling (especially under load) $hit can happen. I just assume shifting multi gears at once or underload may damage the cassette or break the chain so I try to avoid doing that.

Hi guys,
Just join the club even if it's been a while since I follow you.
First off all I'd like to say that all these posts about the Leili models have been a source of helpful informations and I hope to contribute as well.
From what I've read it looks like the waiting of the bikes was endless and painful for most of us, I ordered my MD750 on may 18- 2020 and received it on february 4- 2021 , yes we've all been there but apparently they broke the record with me!
When I had to buy the bike I was struggling between the SA IGH and the SRAM 9 speeds chain drive system, I thought with 9 speeds I could be able to do some workout but at the same time I absolutely wanted to try the belt drive system.
Now that I'm thinking about it, for a short period the G510 Ultra was not even an option for me because of the Canadian road regulations but Flora (my agent for Leili) told me that one of their customers from Canada had ordered a full container of their bikes with the G510 and he sales them as street legal, I was a bit septic about that but then it happened to be true, guess what, it was BIKTRIX and what I presume to be the first order of their BIKONIT version.
In theory the G510 is not street legal in Canada but it is tolerated as long its blocked to 32km and you drive respecting the rules.
So like I said I was between the SRAM system and the SA IGH and then Flora came up with the 2 in 1 bike idea, a MD1000 with the all SRAM drive system separately with an extra weel with tire, this was the perfect solution for me so I've said yes right away.
I ended up receiving a MD750 with a SA IGH system separately, I was a bit pist off but now by reading all your feedbacks I'm very happy to have received the SRAM system already mounted instead.
Nevertheless now I'm stuck with a wheel with the SA IGH in a box and I really do not know what to do with, I hope to reach an agreement with Leili, if not, I will try to sale it.
I've been riding the "Tank" for a couple of months now and until now this system has been shown to be reliable, after a while you get to know what's good for your derailleur and what you should avoid in order to keep it in good condition as long as possible keeping in mind that the drive system is exposed to a lot of stress, much more as it was designed to, that's why I try to use less possible the throttle and ride on pedal assist between 1 and 3 in eco mode.
I did not try the SA IGH drive system but I'm pretty sure that a good part of the problems is due to the acceleration, the transfer of power needs to be more smooth, apparently it might be possible to calibrate the acceleration with some advanced programming, has anyone tried that ?
In general I really like the bike but there are definitely a couple of things that which should have been inspected and made before leaving the factory.
First off all, how a bike equipped with such a motor does not have a chain guard? Yet even low-end bikes are, and often it's double guards, apart from the fact that the chain can come off easily there is a serious security problem, I have experienced myself by ruining a pair of pants on my very first ride!
I'm aware that at the time of purchase we all knew the bike was not equipped with that, but still, did they not tested the bike? Haven't they seen that? What it's even more surprising is that companies like BIKONIT, BIKTRIX or BOLTON haven't tried to correct this, Leili may not be subject to other countries laws but these companies could face serious problems.
Another thing I find a little disappointing is the paint job, it does not look very resistant, it may be because of the satin finish but another layer of black or maybe a clear coat would have been appropriate, in another hand the primer seems very resistant.
I've started to put some adhesive vinyl film on some spots but I found out accidentally that the common black electric tape turned out to be very good to protect under the frame spots and it's not visible at all, it looks exactly like the paint.
At the time of my purchase I opted for a RST fork and now after a couple of hundreds miles I'm not really impressed by the performance, I'm aware that it's not a high end fork but it oscillates far too much, I even think it's defective or damaged, if you guys could share some feedbacks on the RST fork it would be really appreciated.
Another upgrade was the GPS installed inside the frame, it is the ultimate alarm system but until now I've not fund a compatible network and the fees to maintain in service the device are quite expensives, at least in Canada, we are talking about 20$-25$(if it's not more) a month for a data plan, I think in the US they're much less expensive, fortunately there are a lot of alternative out there, I ended up buying a sensor alarm from Aliexpress and a OKG heavy duty 8lbs chain lock on Amazon.
Having bought directly from Leili saved me a couple of hundreds so I allowed myself some accessories, I'll publish some pictures later on.
So, after all, do I have some regrets for buying this bike? Absolutely not ! 🙂

Hi guys,
First off all I'd like to say that all these posts about the Leili models have been a source of helpful informations and I hope to contribute as well.
From what I've read it looks like the waiting of the bikes was endless and painful for most of us, I ordered my MD750 on may 18- 2020 and received it on february 4- 2021 , yes we've all been there but apparently they broke the record with me!
When I had to buy the bike I was struggling between the SA IGH and the SRAM 9 speeds chain drive system, I thought with 9 speeds I could be able to do some workout but at the same time I absolutely wanted to try the belt drive system.
Now that I'm thinking about it, for a short period the G510 Ultra was not even an option for me because of the Canadian road regulations but Flora (my agent for Leili) told me that one of their customers from Canada had ordered a full container of their bikes with the G510 and he sales them as street legal, I was a bit septic about that but then it happened to be true, guess what, it was BIKTRIX and what I presume to be the first order of their BIKONIT version.
In theory the G510 is not street legal in Canada but it is tolerated as long its blocked to 32km and you drive respecting the rules.
So like I said I was between the SRAM system and the SA IGH and then Flora came up with the 2 in 1 bike idea, a MD1000 with the all SRAM drive system separately with an extra weel with tire, this was the perfect solution for me so I've said yes right away.
I ended up receiving a MD750 with a SA IGH system separately, I was a bit pist off but now by reading all your feedbacks I'm very happy to have received the SRAM system already mounted instead.
Nevertheless now I'm stuck with a wheel with the SA IGH in a box and I really do not know what to do with, I hope to reach an agreement with Leili, if not, I will try to sale it.
I've been riding the "Tank" for a couple of months now and until now this system has been shown to be reliable, after a while you get to know what's good for your derailleur and what you should avoid in order to keep it in good condition as long as possible keeping in mind that the drive system is exposed to a lot of stress, much more as it was designed to, that's why I try to use less possible the throttle and ride on pedal assist between 1 and 3 in eco mode.
I did not try the SA IGH drive system but I'm pretty sure that a good part of the problems is due to the acceleration, the transfer of power needs to be more smooth, apparently it might be possible to calibrate the acceleration with some advanced programming, has anyone tried that ?
In general I really like the bike but there are definitely a couple of things that which should have been inspected and made before leaving the factory.
First off all, how a bike equipped with such a motor does not have a chain guard? Yet even low-end bikes are, and often it's double guards, apart from the fact that the chain can come off easily there is a serious security problem, I have experienced myself by ruining a pair of pants on my very first ride!
I'm aware that at the time of purchase we all knew the bike was not equipped with that, but still, did they not tested the bike? Haven't they seen that? What it's even more surprising is that companies like BIKONIT, BIKTRIX or BOLTON haven't tried to correct this, Leili may not be subject to other countries laws but these companies could face serious problems.
Another thing I find a little disappointing is the paint job, it does not look very resistant, it may be because of the satin finish but another layer of black or maybe a clear coat would have been appropriate, in another hand the primer seems very resistant.
I've started to put some adhesive vinyl film on some spots but I found out accidentally that the common black electric tape turned out to be very good to protect under the frame spots and it's not visible at all, it looks exactly like the paint.
At the time of my purchase I opted for a RST fork and now after a couple of hundreds miles I'm not really impressed by the performance, I'm aware that it's not a high end fork but it oscillates far too much, I even think it's defective or damaged, if you guys could share some feedbacks on the RST fork it would be really appreciated.
Another upgrade was the GPS installed inside the frame, it is the ultimate alarm system but until now I've not fund a compatible network and the fees to maintain in service the device are quite expensives, at least in Canada, we are talking about 20$-25$(if it's not more) a month for a data plan, I think in the US they're much less expensive, fortunately there are a lot of alternative out there, I ended up buying a sensor alarm from Aliexpress and a OKG heavy duty 8lbs chain lock on Amazon.
Having bought directly from Leili saved me a couple of hundreds so I allowed myself some accessories, I'll publish some pictures later on.
Welcome to the gang brother!

You should sell your spare IGH set up and get some more “treats” for your bike. It’ll prob still be an awesome set up for a analogue bike or even lower powered motor. The Ultra is just too beefy for it. RMK puts good miles on his bike with the Sram set up and he says it’s been great so far. I’d trust his word and tests. I can’t wait to get the Sram set up on mine! It’s been parked up for a while since the IGH more or less split in two. I’m hoping to get it any day now and think I’ll be able to fit it myself in a few hours.
I rebuilt my IGH and think it would be ok on a bike with no motor so yours should be good for that no sweat. 🙂

Got my bike swapped over to chain drive finally. The steep hill that shredded my IGH and broke its axle was no match for the chain drive. No throttle up the hill at all, just PAS 5 and it cruised up. Pretty happy with it so far.

With that being said, I have a full IGH setup for sale with a brand new IGH that Leili sent me prior to learning about the chain swap.

Thats
Got my bike swapped over to chain drive finally. The steep hill that shredded my IGH and broke its axle was no match for the chain drive. No throttle up the hill at all, just PAS 5 and it cruised up. Pretty happy with it so far.

With that being said, I have a full IGH setup for sale with a brand new IGH that Leili sent me prior to learning about the chain swap.
That’s awesome news bro! It’s good to see happy posts about our exploits again and not sad ones about this broke or that is ready to give out or whatever. It’s real nice to see as we all know just how much fun and happiness these bikes can give us. 👍 🙂

Welcome to the gang brother!

You should sell your spare IGH set up and get some more “treats” for your bike. It’ll prob still be an awesome set up for a analogue bike or even lower powered motor. The Ultra is just too beefy for it. RMK puts good miles on his bike with the Sram set up and he says it’s been great so far. I’d trust his word and tests. I can’t wait to get the Sram set up on mine! It’s been parked up for a while since the IGH more or less split in two. I’m hoping to get it any day now and think I’ll be able to fit it myself in a few hours.
I rebuilt my IGH and think it would be ok on a bike with no motor so yours should be good for that no sweat. 🙂
It would be interesting to see what a new SA IGH & shifter mounted in a 4" wheel + belt would fetch. I'm guessing the shipping would be at least as much as the box contents.

I was really close to blind ordering the Rohloff IGH version from Yeili and had they given me a "good deal", I might have done it but for them it was like a new transaction and so the price is the price. With the SRAM doing what it is supposed to do my interest in another MD 1000 with Rohloff has faded. Yeili seems to have little interest in a current SA IGH owners upgrade to the Rohloff but once they start shipping the Rohloff versions of the MD's (late summer) they may consider selling just the Rohloff mounting bracket kit. Owners could source the Rohloff plus wheel separately and do the upgrade themselves.

The Rohloff 14E is interesting but it currently only supports the Bosch mid-drive so Rohloff would need to work with Bafang and offer an Ultra motor version. That would get my attention and probably wouldn't be much more cost than the better electronic derailleur's that are currently available.

It is very much the wild west in ebike development and I'm sure there will be some very good IGH equipped ebike options in the future. For me, something like the MD 1000 in terms of looks and form factor from a reputable manufacturer with a dealer network that could support it would be ideal. It would probably be north of $10K cost wise and that isn't out of the question for me but the overall demand for such a bike appears to be small. Time will tell and in the meantime I'll continue to grind out miles on the MD 1000 and hope it keeps running like it is now.

Here is another pic of the prototype MD 1000 Rohloff version.

Attachments

• 8233837A55344F1DBDF83034751738B5.jpg
    8233837A55344F1DBDF83034751738B5.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
You can already purchase the Rohloff model from them as it’s advertised on alibaba. It’s roughly a thousand more than the old version. Just type Rohloff in the search.

If the Sram set up is as good as reported I don’t see any benefit in another different system. The belt drive just has a nice mysterious ring to it right. Like the forbidden fruits. Lol
I don’t know if we could handle the stress of being the test cases for another supposed “great” belt drive set up.

Some people just have TOO MUCH $$$’s, eh RMK??? The group loaded guy! Lol

Remember you still have to fly us all out to the US (1st class everything you said) for the 1 year group anniversary so don’t spend too much of your millions! Lmao 😂

If there’s a $ to be made I think Leili will go for it. 🤯

If the Sram set up is as good as reported I don’t see any benefit in another different system. The belt drive just has a nice mysterious ring to it right. Like the forbidden fruits. Lol
I don’t know if we could handle the stress of being the test cases for another supposed “great” belt drive set up.

Some people just have TOO MUCH $$$’s, eh RMK??? The group loaded guy! Lol

Remember you still have to fly us all out to the US (1st class everything you said) for the 1 year group anniversary so don’t spend too much of your millions! Lmao 😂

If there’s a $ to be made I think Leili will go for it. 🤯
Like any Scotsman worth his salt, I grew up in a family where the only sin is paying retail.

Hi guys,
Hey J3ON

The 3 HD 750 BIKES i've messed with had 80-90lbs of air pressure in the front shock out of the box. (port is on the underside facing the ground) Get a decent Front suspension pump with gauge and boost that to about 90-110psi. It could damage the suspension to exceed 120psi be careful- I'm 250lb and ride somewhat aggressive. I like it 105-110psi. Also on the bottom side of the other fork you can adjust the red rebound knob. My fork has 12 click settings for rebound. I set mine to 3 clicks in out of 12. Mess with it until it suits your body and riding style. Get this dialed in and you'll be pretty satisfied with the RST front end. Hope that helps.

↓ ↓ I have this pump, it works good.↓ ↓

GIYO High Pressure Shock Pump, (300 PSI Max) for Fork & Rear Suspension, Lever Lock on Nozzle No Air Loss

Last edited:
Here’s another video I found on YouTube that some of you may like or be interested in.

Interesting cuz I just wanted to post that sadly I don't see any video's on YouTube about this bike, except the Bolton ones.

Interesting cuz I just wanted to post that sadly I don't see any video's on YouTube about this bike, except the Bolton ones.
From what I hear from others in the group this group is the best place on the interweb to get info etc about these bikes. I think it’s where most owners come together too. Did you get yourself one yet? If so which did you settle on?

Hi All
Been looking at this bike for ages now. I have a question before i decide which bike to go for. Whats the difference between the MD1000 and the MD750 (besides the obvious wattage). Will they both provide 160nm of torque? Will the 750 be slower at all gear speeds, will it be more frugal with battery power? Is the difference just the amp controller allowing lower amps use? I assume their the same motor with different controllers?? Has anyone on here had any experience with the MD750?
ps.....great thread for info. Well done to all that contribute, warts and all

Hi All
Been looking at this bike for ages now. I have a question before i decide which bike to go for. Whats the difference between the MD1000 and the MD750 (besides the obvious wattage). Will they both provide 160nm of torque? Will the 750 be slower at all gear speeds, will it be more frugal with battery power? Is the difference just the amp controller allowing lower amps use? I assume their the same motor with different controllers?? Has anyone on here had any experience with the MD750?
Hey buddy. From what BoltonEbikes says it’s the same motor. The 750w is just restricted a bit in the programming. That’s easily changed. 😈
I think the MD1000 comes with a few upgraded components but that’s about it.

Hi All
As Terry said, the motor is the same and unlocking the controller gets you the full 1000W. Originally, the 750 came standard with one battery and the 1000 came with two. It appears that now, both of the MD's come with two batteries.

The differences are:

- The house branded inverted front air fork with on the 750 vs RST Renegade Air Suspension on the 1000

- Kenda Juggernaut 26*4.5''tires on the 750 vs Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR 26" x 4.8"tires on the 1000

Otherwise, they seem to be the same bike ...

I've got over 2K miles on the Maxxis Minions and they still have a good amount of tread left so I would recommend those tires and, adding the Tannus Inserts yourself for worry free riding.

Welcome and good luck!

BTW, I ordered my MD with front and rear racks and IMO the racks are well worth the cost.

As Terry said, the motor is the same and unlocking the controller gets you the full 1000W. Originally, the 750 came standard with one battery and the 1000 came with two. It appears that now, both of the MD's come with two batteries.

The differences are:

- The house branded inverted front air fork with on the 750 vs RST Renegade Air Suspension on the 1000

- Kenda Juggernaut 26*4.5''tires on the 750 vs Maxxis Minion FBF/FBR 26" x 4.8"tires on the 1000

Otherwise, they seem to be the same bike ...

I've got over 2K miles on the Maxxis Minions and they still have a good amount of tread left so I would recommend those tires and, adding the Tannus Inserts yourself for worry free riding.

Welcome and good luck!

BTW, I ordered my MD with front and rear racks and IMO the racks are well worth the cost.
Ah great news. Have gone with MD750 and upgraded the fork. Gone with the chain and 9 speed. All in £2200 DDP to door. For what you get its amazing...apart from the wait

Hey bro, how long did shipping take for the Sram kit? I ordered/paid for mines 2 weeks ago. Am hoping I get it any day now. 👀

Last Friday, I was told my bike would "arrange shipping" this week. HOWEVER, I had to accept a frame with BIKONIT sticker on it. Like, WTF. Or wait very long for new frames.

Back