Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Hey guys I finally got my bikes the other day,
Sorry I'm late, but congrats. You waited longer than anyone. Biktrix got mine shipped quick but I'm still having issues, so speaking of which, here's an update: I've been in contact several times, and they're not laughing in my face but do want better evidence. We've had a multiple rounds so far. The problem is that the upper battery is only slightly out of alignment, like a millimeter, which is hard to see on a photo taken in my garage on a smartphone camera. So yesterday I managed to get some video in the last of the sunlight. That millimeter is enough to keep the lock from engaging. Also I've been through the do-you-know-about-the-slider stage (it won't engage) and did-you-try-both-batteries stage (of course). I would feel worse about this except that workmanship issues other people report here sound just as bad, and if I do ultimately have to send mine back, at least the turn time will be reasonable.

Thanks, The manual says 2nd gear is the indexing gear and you need to always go from 5th to 2nd gear before making an adjustment and then back to 5th back to second to see if the yellow line alignment has improved. If not do over again.

What I'm trying to say is that I have done this several times and I have the adjustment knob as far as it will go turning it in a clockwise direction. Turning it counter clockwise increases the yellow line gap.
How did it get so far out in the first place? Wasn’t your nice and sweet out the box? Yours may be the same as mine in that it was set up sloppy at the factory? Mine didn’t pop till over a week ago or more even though it wasn’t right from the start. Maybe worth getting it checked as the cable may have stretched or slipped back a bit through the nut. I had 108 mm of cable between the end of the sleeve and the nut but yours may be a little more or less, I don’t know. If you can’t get the yellow marks at least near each other you’d be best getting it checked with someone who knows how to set them up?

Sorry I'm late, but congrats. You waited longer than anyone. Biktrix got mine shipped quick but I'm still having issues, so speaking of which, here's an update: I've been in contact several times, and they're not laughing in my face but do want better evidence. We've had a multiple rounds so far. The problem is that the upper battery is only slightly out of alignment, like a millimeter, which is hard to see on a photo taken in my garage on a smartphone camera. So yesterday I managed to get some video in the last of the sunlight. That millimeter is enough to keep the lock from engaging. Also I've been through the do-you-know-about-the-slider stage (it won't engage) and did-you-try-both-batteries stage (of course). I would feel worse about this except that workmanship issues other people report here sound just as bad, and if I do ultimately have to send mine back, at least the turn time will be reasonable.
I know you want it correct and proper from the get go but would a wee 1mm plastic shim glued in one end not sort your problem just so you can get out on your bike. It’s a real shame if it’s sitting there and you can’t ride it. It sounds like an easy fix and a shim would be an easy problem for you to sort.

Hi, chaps. I just found the thread, read the whole thing, and love the vibe. I'm eager to order something for use when the weather warms up and had been torn between a budget ebike and a higher end build. This particular frame with selectable assemblers with varying components seems to be reasonably priced but I'm quite curious about the quality of the bike overall. Knowing that Alibaba has a large amount of sub-par products as well as some notably high quality products, I'm wondering where this one sits. I can order a Frey (higher priced but known to be high quality) or the Sondors linked a bit earlier in the thread because I trust the QA of those companies and would enjoy the Bafang Ultra mid drive. However this MD1000 or MD750 has some qualities that I adore, particularly look with the dual batteries integrated beautifully into the frame. I'm sure everybody had considered similar options, so what made you pull the trigger on this one? I imagine I'd be happy with the mid-drive Bafang motor (750 and 1000 have the same Bafang ultra so are these just different controller presets?) with all upgrades except for the belt drive with IGH. As nice as a belt drive would be, I foresee the sprocket being able to handle the torque than the IGH and that componentry is more easily found and upgraded if need be. Though if I'm wrong in that regard then I'd for sure go for the belt drive.

I know you want it correct and proper from the get go but would a wee 1mm plastic shim glued in one end not sort your problem just so you can get out on your bike. It’s a real shame if it’s sitting there and you can’t ride it. It sounds like an easy fix and a shim would be an easy problem for you to sort.
Hey Terry, a shim is fine, but here's the problem: Battery doesn't fully seat properly at electrical connection end, therefore doesn't drop fully into slot at the lock end. A shim to force the battery hard against the connector enables me to jam it in enough for slider to engage, keeping battery secure for riding, but very difficult to get keyed lock to engage, making expensive battery unsecure against theft. Also, I don't know if I'll cause damage by jamming it in.

Hi, chaps. I just found the thread, read the whole thing, and love the vibe. I'm eager to order something for use when the weather warms up and had been torn between a budget ebike and a higher end build. This particular frame with selectable assemblers with varying components seems to be reasonably priced but I'm quite curious about the quality of the bike overall. Knowing that Alibaba has a large amount of sub-par products as well as some notably high quality products, I'm wondering where this one sits. I can order a Frey (higher priced but known to be high quality) or the Sondors linked a bit earlier in the thread because I trust the QA of those companies and would enjoy the Bafang Ultra mid drive. However this MD1000 or MD750 has some qualities that I adore, particularly look with the dual batteries integrated beautifully into the frame. I'm sure everybody had considered similar options, so what made you pull the trigger on this one? I imagine I'd be happy with the mid-drive Bafang motor (750 and 1000 have the same Bafang ultra so are these just different controller presets?) with all upgrades except for the belt drive with IGH. As nice as a belt drive would be, I foresee the sprocket being able to handle the torque than the IGH and that componentry is more easily found and upgraded if need be. Though if I'm wrong in that regard then I'd for sure go for the belt drive.
Welcome bkaufffman. In my case, I wanted more battery capacity, and all the other dul-battery setups I saw had at least one non-integrated. So yeah, looks partly. Also I was shopping from Biktrix, and with air shock, quad piston brakes, and dual batteries with 5A chargers, it looked like the best bargain on their website at least for someone tall enough to ride it. Stock components on the Juggernaut Duo would have to be upgraded to match the Beast, and at that point it would be pricier. On sale for $150 off (and there's slmost always such a sale), Biktrix Beast is about halfway between Bikonit MD1000 and Leili's version (once you account for shipping). Biktrix uses the same frame including batteries but has some different components including house-branded fork. .

Biktrix version comes with SRAM 11-speed cassette, a consideration for me relative to Leili. When I made my decision, most folks on this thread hadn't yet seen the bikes they'd ordered months before. Then they started getting them and all seemed happy with the IGH, so I started to wonder if I'd made a bad call. As I wrote up-thread, on a big paved hill (est 10% grade for 2mi), I was doing 10mph+ in power level 3 of 5 and gear 7 of 11, comfortably in the middle of the bike's envelope, so I wondered when I'd ever need low gear. Then on a shallower hill with sloppier surface (mud and melting snow), I absolutely did need it and was glad to have the bike I got.

My understanding is that 1000W Bafang 620 (aka G510 aka ultra) has the same design as the 750W Bafang 600, just with all the components a bit beefier, so it's more than just the controller.

Last edited:
Hey Terry, a shim is fine, but here's the problem: Battery doesn't fully seat properly at electrical connection end, therefore doesn't drop fully into slot at the lock end. A shim to force the battery hard against the connector enables me to jam it in enough for slider to engage, keeping battery secure for riding, but very difficult to get keyed lock to engage, making expensive battery unsecure against theft. Also, I don't know if I'll cause damage by jamming it in.
Ah, got you!
Mine sits in tight on the top and bottom batteries so I imagine there’s not much room for any of it being out of shape or tolerance by much. When both lock in it’s a proper “click” as you turn the key to lock them down. Would be cool if you lived near one of the group so you could swap stuff around just to see what part on yours was the problem. I know what you mean about wanting your batteries safe at all times too, they ain’t cheap to replace buddy. Hope you get something sorted out soon.

How did it get so far out in the first place? Wasn’t your nice and sweet out the box? Yours may be the same as mine in that it was set up sloppy at the factory? Mine didn’t pop till over a week ago or more even though it wasn’t right from the start. Maybe worth getting it checked as the cable may have stretched or slipped back a bit through the nut. I had 108 mm of cable between the end of the sleeve and the nut but yours may be a little more or less, I don’t know. If you can’t get the yellow marks at least near each other you’d be best getting it checked with someone who knows how to set them up?
My bike did work right out of the box but the IGH cable does stretch over time and requires adjustment. I think I'm riding more than you cold climate dwellers and I have been adjusting it as needed and did it again this morning. The IGH performed well today and I will continue to learn and share here.

As to the sloppy setup, it would be miraculous if a bike setup on an assembly line in China, then shipped to the US with no dealer setup or QA check didn't have at least some issues. Paying more for an ebike from a LBS gets you setup and even tweaking to taste from the good ones but that comes at a cost. I paid that price when I bought my Specialized Turbo Creo which I also ride a lot and love. My issue was I wanted this specific bike (MD 1000) and so Leili via Alibaba was my choice. Honestly, I love the MD 1000 and would do it again even with the delays and some minor issues. The savings have allowed me accessorize to taste and still have money for an LBS assist if needed. I like to do my own maintenance and the owner group here has been very helpful so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Time will tell on the IGH. Any drive train (derailleur cassette or IGH) is going to wear faster with a powerful motor like the Ultra. I bought the MD 1000 because it is a big cool looking, great handling fat tire adventure bike that comfortably fits my tall frame. I was also intrigued by the SA IGH carbon belt drive and it is less work than my Specialized Turbo Creo to keep in running tune. The Creo has a small light 250W mid-drive motor but I am constantly cleaning the chain, cassette cogs and adjusting the derailleur to keep it shifting correctly. In many ways the IGH is less ongoing maintenance time but their longevity with a powerful motor like the Ultra has yet to be established.

In any case, there are a lot of good ebike options if you're a regular size person and can wait months for delivery. I've ridden a lot of ebikes and they are all fun with the possible exception of a run down rental bike in Monterey. Do your home work and get the bike you want. It is a great way to get out of the house, get some exercise and go fast without killing yourself.

Last edited:
If it's any consolation, after getting a flat every other outing, I'm not riding mine either until I get my inserrts (which are backordered).
I have to think your 25lb tire pressure would contribute to getting thorn related flats. That said, I have the Tannus Armour Inserts on order as well. I read every review I could find and they seem like the best solution for flat prevention on these heavy big tire bikes. They are a bit spendy and take time to install but are reusable so should last through several tire changes.

I have to think your 25lb tire pressure would contribute to getting thorn related flats.

And I thought maybe I should inch closer to 30psi because of the low max speed I get, but I've realized I haven't done a fair test because my "level" stretch of rode is acctually an incline. Keeping my eyes peeled while driving around, I've realized that my side of town doesn't have any - it's called a valley for a reason - so I'll have to ride a ways to find one once I get my inserts. If 18psi is fine for road use then I'll let some out.

And I thought maybe I should inch closer to 30psi because of the low max speed I get, but I've realized I haven't done a fair test because my "level" stretch of rode is acctually an incline. Keeping my eyes peeled while driving around, I've realized that my side of town doesn't have any - it's called a valley for a reason - so I'll have to ride a ways to find one once I get my inserts. If 18psi is fine for road use then I'll let some out.
I was able to get about 35 with a lot of pedaling, 15 psi on the tires. Haven't checked with a full battery yet

Found this for you guys getting the Tannus Armour. Seems those with a bigger tire and motor only have good to report.

Found this for you guys getting the Tannus Armour. Seems those with a bigger tire and motor only have good to report.
Yeah, I hope they're worth the trouble and expense. The one flat I had was well into no mans land and It was hard to push the bike 10 feet with a flat tire let alone ride it. With these, even in the worst case scenario, I can use walk mode to get the bike to a good place for tube patch or replacement. I can't see riding an 80lb bike with my 210lbs on a flat tire. Now a 40lb bike with a 135lb rider ... maybe. I'd like to see a video of that.

Last edited:
My extra battery arrived today. It was shipped from China via air to a Fireworks distributor here in CA who then shipped it to me (creative logistics ;-). It took a couple of weeks and got out just before the Chinese New Year Holiday began. I had wanted 2 extra but I think I'll make due with 1. I have found a significant range delta by riding in ECO mode, PAS 3 +/- 15mph with the wife. A 28 mile ride yesterday that would normally leave me with under 20% battery resulted in 59% of the dual battery remaining. For me that means that by reducing speed and PAS levels I can approximately double my range. With 3 batteries running full out e.g. Sport mode, PAS 5 20-30 mph) I can probably do 40ish miles with the 3 batteries. Not great but not bad and if not in a hurry I could stretch it out to 60+ miles.

Biktrix sent replacements for the plastic pieces at each end of battery slot. I was skeptical, but proceeded. New parts weren't necessary - removing and reinstalling top plate (the end with electrical connector) solved my issue. Now when I insert the battery and press firmly, it snaps in securely, and the slider engages. The visible gap at the connector end is still wider than that for the lower battery, but the function is fine. -GEF

Biktrix sent replacements for the plastic pieces at each end of battery slot. I was skeptical, but proceeded. New parts weren't necessary - removing and reinstalling top plate (the end with electrical connector) solved my issue. Now when I insert the battery and press firmly, it snaps in securely, and the slider engages. The visible gap at the connector end is still wider than that for the lower battery, but the function is fine. -GEF
That’s great news! Glad you got it fixed and it was the less expensive end that needed changing out. Just shows, must’ve been a bad mould or something like that. Now you can get out and not have to bother about it and just enjoy your day out. 👍

My extra battery arrived today. It was shipped from China via air to a Fireworks distributor here in CA who then shipped it to me (creative logistics ;-). It took a couple of weeks and got out just before the Chinese New Year Holiday began. I had wanted 2 extra but I think I'll make due with 1. I have found a significant range delta by riding in ECO mode, PAS 3 +/- 15mph with the wife. A 28 mile ride yesterday that would normally leave me with under 20% battery resulted in 59% of the dual battery remaining. For me that means that by reducing speed and PAS levels I can approximately double my range. With 3 batteries running full out e.g. Sport mode, PAS 5 20-30 mph) I can probably do 40ish miles with the 3 batteries. Not great but not bad and if not in a hurry I could stretch it out to 60+ miles.
I can’t wait for our “summer” so I can get out and test the battery % meter. I’ve seen claims it’s miles out and some to say it’s only a little. Will be interesting to find out. Our summer can sometimes be nearly as bad as winter so fingers crossed! Lol

Back