Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Just installed the Ergon GP5 grips and went for a ride. I have a hand numbness issue when riding for a couple of hours and was hoping these would help. They do and allow for hand position changes that all but eliminates the hand numbness for me. I may play around with the angle of the horn but based upon this one ride they are keepers. Here are a couple of pics of them installed.

I might add one caution. I have a large wingspan (37" sleeve length) and reaching the horns is not a problem for me but for normal sized persons these grips on this bike might be a bit of a reach. In that case, the Ergon GP1's would be a nice upgrade over the stock grips.

Attachments

• Ergon GP5 rt.jpg
    Ergon GP5 rt.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 257
  • Ergon GP5.jpg
    Ergon GP5.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
It is a big bike but once your aboard it handles beautifully. I would bet that most buyers are average height and once they get used to it they are fine.

Oké so the motor is fine :)

Is your tire pressure too low?
You also are kinda heavy ;)
Yeah, hoping the biking will burn off some pounds.

As for tire pressure, I've been trying to keep 'em at 25psi (except for my trail ride), but I have 3 patches in the rear tube and it's flat again, so quite possibly I never had the pressure I thought I did. Local Walmart has no fat tire tubes so checking farther afield tomorrow. Tannus is backordered on fat inserts but expecting to restock this month.

Yeah, hoping the biking will burn off some pounds.

As for tire pressure, I've been trying to keep 'em at 25psi (except for my trail ride), but I have 3 patches in the rear tube and it's flat again, so quite possibly I never had the pressure I thought I did. Local Walmart has no fat tire tubes so checking farther afield tomorrow. Tannus is backordered on fat inserts but expecting to restock this month.
That pressure seems a little high. I keep mine 18-20 lbs.

I wonder if anyone ever gets a flat on the front tire? I've had 4 flats on 3 different bikes in the last year and they were all rear tire.

I wonder if anyone ever gets a flat on the front tire? I've had 4 flats on 3 different bikes in the last year and they were all rear tire.
Well I now I have one on the front to go with the set on the rear, seems to be from a goathead. Had to drive an hour to find a shop with 26x4 tubes in stock and bought their last pair - I'll have to save a patched tube as my spare.

The Tannus Armor Insert looks like the best way to deal with small punctures like a goats head. Two of my flats were due to 3" nails. Not to sure about that Tannus ride flat claim but being able to use walk mode would be an option.

Can you share a picture of them? I’m guessing they are brake pad spacers that you put between the brake pads when you remove the wheels. This prevents the pads from compressing together if you accidentally squeeze the brake levers with the wheels off.
I could be way off though, so a picture would help!
Sorry , I only just now saw this message ..
Thanks

Attachments

• E67D1EB7-5F7C-4EC0-AAAD-5E7A442E8E94.jpeg
    E67D1EB7-5F7C-4EC0-AAAD-5E7A442E8E94.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 201
Ok , now I see . How the heck did anyone figure that out with no reference material ?
Thanks again
It is a part that if left off would be a non-issue. The 4 gram weight saving might make it beneficial on this 80lb bike. :)

No one would like a detailed English language owners manual more than me. Biktrix has done a good job filling in some gaps but the bikes are not identical so things like the IGH which requires regular adjustment forces us to trial and error it. The Chinese are generally not strong in regard to documentation and with small manufacturing companies like Leili it is a difficult to impossible task.

So everyone should buy American ... oh that's right ... we don't make stuff anymore.

For people who are not big enough...yesterday I Saw on YouTube ebikes USA a first review of the Sondors LX.
750 watt middrive
48v 21ah (!!) Battery
35 miles an hour!

It looks like a classy city version of the Bikonit.
Totally different but same ;)

FYI maintenance tip. While riding today I had the left crank arm bolt back completely out and the left crank arm fell off the bike. Luckily I was riding slow (15mph) on a flat trail when it just fell off. I stopped quickly and found the bolt with the crank arm and pedal. It takes an 8mm hex wrench to tighten this bolt and it is something you should check periodically. I've got 500 miles on the MD 1000 and I ride it pretty hard with a lot of pedaling.

I’ve found a few wee things over the time I’ve had mine that just seem to be sloppy workmanship. On the puncture front, I’ve had zero so far and I’m not easy on my tires! I ride it like it should be! I use the Tuffy tire liners, the MAXXIS “exo” tires have extra strength on the sidewalls so I figured toughen up the tread but the liners actually wrap around a fair bit of the sidewall too. I’ll let you know when “Sod’s law” strikes and I get a flat now I’ve just said I’ve never had one. Lol
I had to change out my gear selector cable because the sleeve tha goes between the shift sensor and selector arm was over an inch to long meaning I had extra cable out and not a nice straight line of cable. They should have noticed this when building it but hey ho, Chinese quality control at its best! Lol

I’m sure 20 psi is the max. I usually keep mine around 18 for just normal riding. It defo helps if you take them down low for sand or whatever. I’ve had mine as low as 5 and they were fine.

I basically have bought everything!! You have have on your bike, everything plus the cloud 9 seat...
I’m waiting on my cloud 9 arriving. Looks awesome! Mines is in the US somewhere lol. Got a good deal on Amazon lol

I’ve found a few wee things over the time I’ve had mine that just seem to be sloppy workmanship. On the puncture front, I’ve had zero so far and I’m not easy on my tires! I ride it like it should be! I use the Tuffy tire liners, the MAXXIS “exo” tires have extra strength on the sidewalls so I figured toughen up the tread but the liners actually wrap around a fair bit of the sidewall too. I’ll let you know when “Sod’s law” strikes and I get a flat now I’ve just said I’ve never had one. Lol
I had to change out my gear selector cable because the sleeve tha goes between the shift sensor and selector arm was over an inch to long meaning I had extra cable out and not a nice straight line of cable. They should have noticed this when building it but hey ho, Chinese quality control at its best! Lol
Good to hear from you Terry. Yeah, the front end cable/wire management on the MD 1000 is a mess but not so much so that I'm willing to address it in the short term. Overall, I'm still loving the MD and I have seen no ebike that I would prefer form/function wise over the MD 1000. I keep carping on this but the bike handles amazingly well for such a big heavy machine.

I just ordered the Tannus Armour tire inserts yesterday from a local bike shop. They, like most in demand bike parts are on back order but I should have them this month. The Maxxis tires are really good all around performers (500 miles on them and they look like new) and after getting a rear flat out on the trail I want better flat protection. The reviews for them are generally very good and although they can't prevent all flats, they will give me more peace of mind when riding. Flat repair out in the wild is no fun and I'm not crazy about filling my tires/tubes with slime although I do carry one bottle for emergency use.

Last edited:
Boomski: really looking out for your impression of the bike, cuz you are the first hub drive 750!

I am curious about top speed but more on high cruise speed when you can still pedal.

Also range (do you have 1 or 2 batteries?)

Pictures :)

Back