Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Hey @GEF, I think it's time to give Biktrix a call. I assume both batteries work fine in the lower battery position, correct?
A poorly seating upper battery due to the frame or connector misalignment sounds like a major issue.

Yeah, the chat operator on the weekend isn't a mechanic but referred my question. Yes, both batteries work fine on lower slot, either needs to be jammed into upper slot. With effort I can hold it down and get the slider into position, but there's still a gap at the high end of the slot. When the battery is out and I inspect the electrical connection it looks just like the lower one, but it must not fit. For now battery is secure but I've heard Biktrix has excellent post-sale support. That was a factor in my decision and now I hope it was justified. -GEF

Yeah, the chat operator on the weekend isn't a mechanic but referred my question. Yes, both batteries work fine on lower slot, either needs to be jammed into upper slot. With effort I can hold it down and get the slider into position, but there's still a gap at the high end of the slot. When the battery is out and I inspect the electrical connection it looks just like the lower one, but it must not fit. For now battery is secure but I've heard Biktrix has excellent post-sale support. That was a factor in my decision and now I hope it was justified. -GEF
Good luck with that. You should probably post your issue in the Biktrix Section as well. The owner might be more amenable if your problem is visible there.

I was going to try that amount of tension first. Luna recommended even higher tension but I am worried about causing premature wear on the bearings. Let me know if you have issues.
I think the belt tension is good now. The cable is another matter. My bike came with the 2nd gear indexing position not relative to any of the marks on the IGH. In fact the yellow line was in the middle of the cable connect attachment tab. It does on occasion clunk, but a a single click on the cable tension adjustment seems to resolve this. I so rarely shift (90% 5th gear) that it is a non-issue for me. If I was banging the gearbox all day trail riding it might be very different scenario.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but did you get your bikes?

I think the belt tension is good now. The cable is another matter. My bike came with the 2nd gear indexing position not relative to any of the marks on the IGH. In fact the yellow line was in the middle of the cable connect attachment tab. It does on occasion clunk, but a a single click on the cable tension adjustment seems to resolve this. I so rarely shift (90% 5th gear) that it is a non-issue for me. If I was banging the gearbox all day trail riding it might be very different scenario.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but did you get your bikes?
No they are still at the warehouse. I'm in contact with one of the workers there. He is looking into the situation for me.

I haven't exceeded 25mph on level ground, and I run out of pedal at that point. Possibly I'm actually going 28, per post above my tire diameter is programmed at 26" and that's the inner, not the outer diameter. Difference between eco and sport seems to be more aggressive acceleration but no difference in top speed.
I find this very interesting. Using the SA IGH this afternoon I reached 36mph in high gear (5th) and had more pedal speed to give. I don't know where ghost pedaling will begin but it's above 35mph with the IGH. I am surprised that a SRAM 11 speed cassette has such limited top gearing where you are ghost pedaling at 25mph. Considering the extra gears (11 vs 5), this makes no sense ...

I find this very interesting. Using the SA IGH this afternoon I reached 36mph in high gear (5th) and had more pedal speed to give. I don't know where ghost pedaling will begin but it's above 35mph with the IGH. I am surprised that a SRAM 11 speed cassette has such limited top gearing where you are ghost pedaling at 25mph. Considering the extra gears (11 vs 5), this makes no sense ...
How much road did you need to get up to 36? I ordered the USB cord to reprogram my unit, hopefully that will address my need for speed.

How much road did you need to get up to 36? I ordered the USB cord to reprogram my unit, hopefully that will address my need for speed.
Not much really. A slight down hill got me started and then when I got to the flat at 30mph I decided to go for it. I kept it up at 35-36 for a 1/4 mile or so then backed off. The mid to high 20's are just fine with me and it's pretty easy to maintain that pace.

GEF: did you check your top speed with GPS?

My cheap 250 watt Chinese did 41 km pH sunday, so that's 26 m ph

Thanks. I did not, and I got a flat yesterday so my riding's done 'til I fix it. Got an emergency callout from work while I was starting on it. But before that I did fully charge my battery, found a level spot, put on level 5 sport, and with throttle and PAS couldn't exceed 25mph per display, at least not before hitting a downhill. And that was reading the full 1500W output. I made a few attempts on about a 1k stretch, still had battery over 90% so I know the voltage was fine. I'm 235 in winter gear, but to the best of my understanding of physics, that'll be noticeable on hills but not so much on top speed on level ground, as my weight isn't being lifted, just contributing a bit to the friction. So yeah, my understanding was that it's capability unlocked is supposed to be greater than what I'm seeing.

GPS will be my next test after flat repair, and if it's significantly higher, if the display is just reading low, I'll play with the wheel diameter setting to dial it in.

Haven't asked Biktrix about speed yet, still waiting for a response about my battery not seating in the bracket. In fact, I just got the survey asking if I was satisfied with how the matter was addressed, when it hasn't yet been addressed. I paid a bit more to buy from them over Leili in the hopes of having fewer headaches!

Hi Guys , I’m a first time poster here. My HD 750 in matt black and no branding arrived from Leili in China on Monday here in Japan. Finally had time to put it together. Does anyone have instructions for how to install the rear and front racks. I can’t believe that they didn’t provide any instructions at all with the bike. No tools either. And did anyone else get stuck paying import taxes even though the $600 shipping was supposed to be all inclusive ?

Hi Guys , I’m a first time poster here. My HD 750 in matt black and no branding arrived from Leili in China on Monday here in Japan. Finally had time to put it together. Does anyone have instructions for how to install the rear and front racks. I can’t believe that they didn’t provide any instructions at all with the bike. No tools either. And did anyone else get stuck paying import taxes even though the $600 shipping was supposed to be all inclusive ?
Welcome and sorry for your issues. If you read (skim) the entire thread you will see that installation of the racks is undocumented. The front basket is self explanatory with 4 identical allen head screws/washers that should be included. The rear rack is a bit fiddly but if you look closely at photos of the bikes with racks installed here, you can figure it out. Bike ownership requires basic tools, an ability to use them and some time for self setup/maintenance. Buying direct from the factory in China is cheaper if you can do your own setup and maintenance.

The alternative is finding a bike shop to do these things for you. If that information makes you unhappy, then you probably should have paid the price and purchased the bike from a B&M store who provides these services. Buying the direct from China way requires some due diligence to ask the right questions and get clarification from your seller like import duties etc. If you buy through Alibaba you will have a purchase contract that describes exactly what you pay for and what you don't. It also provides mediated remedies if contract cost, shipping damage and delivery time/cost conditions are not met. I tested this out to a degree with the first MD 1000 I ordered and received a full refund due to a missed shipping commitment date.

The sell prices offered on these factory direct purchases are very attractive but if all you are wanting to do is click and pay, without the up front investigation, you will very likely be unhappy. Paying higher prices from a B&M shop is the only way to mitigate this and even that method has it's issues.

Welcome and sorry for your issues. If you read (skim) the entire thread you will see that installation of the racks is undocumented. The front basket is self explanatory with 4 identical allen head screws/washers that should be included. The rear rack is a bit fiddly but if you look closely at photos of the bikes with racks installed here, you can figure it out. Bike ownership requires basic tools, an ability to use them and some time for self setup/maintenance. Buying direct from the factory in China is cheaper if you can do your own setup and maintenance.

The alternative is finding a bike shop to do these things for you. If that information makes you unhappy, then you probably should have probably paid the price and purchased the bike from a B&M store who provides these services. Buying the direct from China way requires some due diligence to ask the right questions and get clarification from your seller like import duties etc. If you buy through Alibaba you will have a purchase contract that describes exactly what you pay for and what you don't. It also provides mediated remedies if contract cost, shipping damage and delivery time/cost conditions are not met. I tested this out to a degree with the first MD 1000 I ordered and received a full refund due to a missed shipping commitment date.

The sell prices offered on these factory direct purchases are very attractive but if all you are wanting to do is click and pay. without the up front investigation, you will very likely be unhappy. Paying higher prices from a B&M shop is the only way to mitigate this and even that method has it's issues.
Thanks for your reply. Yes , I guess I did what everyone else did and used the one half a b/w pic on the Bikonit for reference. I just finished getting the racks and fenders install (and only had these two black oddly shaped black pieces left over (but so far everything seems ok). This is the 4th bike I ordered from China . I had 2 Cyrushers and a Seagull. They all came direct from the factory with little add on bits and pieces . I still have all of those tools and can kind of use them. They also had assembly instructions either included or at least on their websites. The Bikonit bike is cool and all but for a bike that I ordered way back in September imho they could have photocopied something and thrown it in the box. Also, in Japan B&M shops only sell SERIOUSLY neutered bikes. Even worse than the ones in England. I can”t even a shop here to touch one of these foreign bikes Not even to change the brake fluid or brake shoes.So if I want a real bike it has to be direct.even then... I went for the HD750 instead of MD1000 to resist the temptation of riding around too fast. Anyway , I have been lurking here for a while while waiting on my bike to arrive. I have read most of the Bikonit related stuff here.Seen some interesting differences of opinion and many complaints similar to mine.So I am not taking it personally.
Take care
Thanks again

(and only had these two black oddly shaped black pieces left over (but so far everything seems ok).
Can you share a picture of them? I’m guessing they are brake pad spacers that you put between the brake pads when you remove the wheels. This prevents the pads from compressing together if you accidentally squeeze the brake levers with the wheels off.
I could be way off though, so a picture would help!

My shipping terms:
1612402204432.png

GPS says 28 when display says 25, which is what I expected - need to program display with actual tire diameter, not rim diameter.

Biktrix said to unburden the wheel by leaning onto the kickstand, then run throttle, and I should see 70kph. I saw 48mph, so that checks out. I'm starting to think my problem is that there aren't many level stretches around here. What I've been using is the top of a rise - shallow incline to get there, maybe a block before it starts down the other side and I pick up speed. To ride far enough to find a proper stretch of level ground, I'll need a Saturday to ride there and I'll be far from full charge at that point. That's not the ride I plan for this Saturday because I'm more interested in proving the range than the speed.

Thank you for this great information as I was originally looking at purchasing a Frey bike but this model seems so much better value with the batteries and much more fun with the internal gears as I hate the derailleur and chain system as it seems so old fashioned.

Just a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer:-

Does the bike ship with battery covers for the bike for when you only decide to have one inserted in the bike or are they an option?
And why are there so many different prices of the bike from the Chinese seller as I can see some models of the MD1000 have an IGH or derailleur and only one battery but apart from that they look the same?

Thank you for this great information as I was originally looking at purchasing a Frey bike but this model seems so much better value with the batteries and much more fun with the internal gears as I hate the derailleur and chain system as it seems so old fashioned.

Just a couple of questions if anyone knows the answer:-

Does the bike ship with battery covers for the bike for when you only decide to have one inserted in the bike or are they an option?
And why are there so many different prices of the bike from the Chinese seller as I can see some models of the MD1000 have an IGH or derailleur and only one battery but apart from that they look the same?
Hi and welcome. I considered the Frey as well and I'm very happy with this decision. I believe they only ship with a battery cover blank if you order a one battery model. As for the price variance, there are teaser prices listed but when you dig down into the details, with comparable components, there is no significant price difference. I have only dealt with Leili through Alibaba and when someone has said they got it cheaper, from another manufacturer, in every single instance it wasn't actually an apples to apples comparison.

I wanted to get the bike through Alibaba and from a seller who was building and shipping many of these specific bike models. Leili seems to be the supplier for the Bikonit (Bolton) and Biktrix versions. That ensures they have volume purchasing power for components which is the name of the game in this C-19 world.

Here is another in the wild photo taken yesterday. I have put about 400 miles on the bike this month thanks to our mild California winters. Note the front fender is missing. It was always moving when I turned and I tried to tighten it up which led to it falling off while riding. Thus far, I am very pleased with every aspect of the bike except that POS front fender.

Attachments

• Minus Front Fender.jpg
    Minus Front Fender.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
GPS says 28 when display says 25, which is what I expected - need to program display with actual tire diameter, not rim diameter. Biktrix said to unburden the wheel by leaning onto the kickstand, then run throttle, and I should see 70kph. I saw 48mph, so that checks out. I'm starting to think my problem is that there aren't many level stretches around here. What I've been using is the top of a rise - shallow incline to get there, maybe a block before it starts down the other side and I pick up speed. To ride far enough to find a proper stretch of level ground, I'll need a Saturday to ride there and I'll be far from full charge at that point. That's not the ride I plan for this Saturday because I'm more interested in proving the range than the speed.

Oké so the motor is fine :)

Is your tire pressure too low?
You also are kinda heavy ;)

Back