Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Liberty Reservoir in Eldersburg MD, it’s 2 min away from my house.
No, the sound my bike make is like a skipping chain on a regular bike. Mostly it does when riding uphill or when you are pushing the pedals a bit harder. I need to find some time to do some research and try and fix it.

Nice that's not to far from me. I'll have to check it out
507FB042-2A5C-41E4-9091-B25198F68CFC.jpeg

J'apprécie ce vélo depuis 2 semaines maintenant. L'un des meilleurs achats que j'ai fait. La durée de vie de la batterie n'est pas proche des 60-70 miles comme annoncé. Ma plus grande préoccupation est le bruit de la ceinture à sauter. Je ne l'ai toujours pas compris. Au repos, ce vélo est une bête. J'ai près de 30 à 35 milles, la moitié de ces milles étaient en tout-terrain et par temps froid, aussi je pèse environ 240 lb avec tout sur moi.
View attachment 76803View attachment 76804
Superbe photo Shurikman ce vélo est vraiment la bête, peux tu me dire quelle autonomie as-tu avec les batteries complètement chargées?

monter le son
content_copy

partager

star_border

No, the sound my bike make is like a skipping chain on a regular bike. Mostly it does when riding uphill or when you are pushing the pedals a bit harder. I need to find some time to do some research and try and fix it.
You should get on that ASAP. You can damage the IGH if it is needs adjustment and is making noises. It may be challenging to find a bike shop capable of servicing the SA IGH. SA told me they don't have "dealers" but any "competent" bike shop should be able to setup and adjust the unit. Not very helpful and they do disclaim their IGH's use with powerful mid-drive motors like the Ultra. Actually I have an email from Sturmey Archer from last summer saying I would be fine using the SA IGH with the mid-drive Ultra as long as I kept the cable adjusted and didn't shift it under load. They would later (after I had already ordered) change their mind and then said it would "void the warranty". I guess Leili doesn't care ... Warranty? we don't need no stinkin Warranties ... :cool:

I was first warned about this by the Watt Wagons owner (and his minions) in the Bikonit Test Ride Thread. The situation was a bit of a dust up and produced some tense back and forth. Wrists were slapped, posts were deleted and it all eventually calmed down.

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Watt Wagons Helios (formerly Superbike) with the X1 2300W high powered mid-drive offers the standard SA 3 Speed IGH on that nearly $6K model. The X1 is a souped-up Ultra and based upon his comments on the unsuitability of the SA 5 speed with the base Ultra motor, that little SA 3 speed must be a beast of an IGH. I imagine the SA folks have sweaty palms about that pairing.

Quelle autonomie faites-vous avec des batteries pleines et une assistance au pédalage? on the bike sheet they say 70 miles is that correct? avez-vous vérifié en vrai?

Quelle autonomie faites-vous avec des batteries pleines et une assistance au pédalage? on the bike sheet they say 70 miles is that correct? avez-vous vérifié en vrai?
My bike does not get more than 30miles, and that’s with PAS1 mostly

Good morning all!! AztecElvis alerted me to the forum here. Get some details out here. My name is Todd and I am 6’3” and tip the scale at 285 (hopefully that number will decrease with this bike LOL). I live in Wyoming and the purpose for my bike was to 1. enjoy some quality time with my wife on some rides and 2. for outdoor recreation such as hunting, fishing, camping.

After talking with more than one bike manufacturer, like Luna, that told me that due to my size and mostly my weight, their bikes were not a good fit for me, I did months of research. I felt Rambo and QuietKat were overpriced for what you got in both power and battery. I looked into building one and after quite some time watching for the right bike to come along on the used market, gave up on that idea. Then out of the blue I was watching one of Bolton’s videos and he gave a very small sneak peek at the MD1000. After much video scrutiny I had a good idea of what the bike looked like and that it looked very stout, mid drive, dual battery, and belt driven. I figured if he could find it out there, so could I.

Sure enough after a couple days of searching on Alibaba I came across the bike I was looking for. When I seen the price, I just about jumped outta my chair! I contacted Cindy Lan at Leili. She told me they were working on a few improvements on the bike from the ones they sent out as prototypes. We worked out the details and I ordered my bike. I paid 50% down and 50% at shipment. This was on April 13th. I had a delivery date that was supposed to be mid June. 2 months from order date.

Well May, June, July, and August came and went. Cindy kept me very informed of what was happening. First their first order of frames showed up defective and they had to be redone. I actually like this and felt it was very honest. She didn’t have to tell me that and it gave me confidence in what I was going to get was going to be good quality. She contacted me again and sent me a picture of my bike in build stage. They were working on getting everything fitted for the addition of the racks I wanted (which at the time I ordered was not an option) and they were also trying to integrate the rear taillight but it wasn’t working well. Then sometime later I got a picture of the frame back from paint. I started getting pretty excited then.

All of a sudden I get another message saying there was a further delay. The factory that produced the batteries had been shut down fuse to COVID and there was nothing they could do but wait for the batteries. My bike was done, but no batteries. Although my patience was running thin, I had no reason not to believe her. I had seen many posts in Facebook and YouTube that were saying the same thing.

I was mostly upset watching the short Wyoming summer slip by. We had planned a big trip through MT and ID with our bikes for our anniversary in July. That one really sucked missing. I felt the bike was worth waiting for though and just be patient!

You all ready to cry? Well I finally get the word the bike is shipping out. I followed the shipment and sure enough it gets held up in customs for about 10 days. Finally it moves to a warehouse. I contacted Cindy and told her I had a big putting that I really wanted my bike for. She said she would see what she could do to get the bike to me as quick as she could. “Top priority” LOL. Well....she didn’t lie. That was on a Friday, the bike left the warehouse on Monday. My wife went to Salt Lake City Utah, 90 miles from us is all, and picked it up from the FedEx terminal on SEPTEMBER 3rd LOL. We had a big camp out we were going to do over Labor Day weekend. If I had waited for FedEx to deliver it to our house, it would have missed the weekend.

As far as I know, my bike was the first production MD1000 in the US. Cindy said she was able to make room to get my bike on the container with the a whole shipment of what turned out to be the first shipment of the BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast. I knew they had the bike in the works because Cindy sent one of the pictures of my bike frame sitting with a whole bunch of frames sitting on a rack that I could see said BikTrix on them. They put them on Their site about 2 weeks later after I received mine.

Sure wish I would have known about this site before, I think I could have put a lot of minds at ease. Just be patient, your bikes will show up. They really are trying to do everything they can to get these bikes out and shipped.
32FA3666-7E99-4BC8-B502-0132899BB751.jpeg
1624747F-8E9E-442A-BBA8-89A870340769.jpeg
585213BC-2052-482B-AE0C-1E46DCF6AE97.jpeg

My impressions of the bike are this so far. It’s a huge beast!! I was shocked. I’m not small guy and was blown away. It might as well be a motorcycle. It rides amazing. I am very inexperienced since I hadn’t been on a bike since I was 14, 31 years ago. So I won’t be zipping down or up a flight of stairs like someone else on here LOL. That just seams crazy to me!!

mine doesn’t seam to have the pop that others have described. It won’t pop a wheelie or spin out or anything like that but I am a heavy guy too. The power is there though and I plan to load up the trailer with a good 100-200lbs and try to pull it up a nearby hill to see how it will do. It goes right up it like it’s not even there without the trailer.

After reading this, I think I might need to adjust my shift cable. Has anyone had their shifter stick? I push to change the gears and the lever stays there and doesn’t return for another shift. I have to pop it back into place. Nothing major, just annoying. I have found the paint rubs off fairly easy and wish I had a small jar of touch up paint. This has been caused by my hitch mounted bike rack. The racks on the bike are awesome. Very happy with them. The front fenders are a freaking joke!! The back one I can live with but will be doing some mods to it this spring.

So far I have added a adjustable handlebar riser, ergo hand grips(love those!!), and the first thing to go was the atomic wedgee seat. Pure pain riding on the small of a seat for me. Got the widest seat I could find at Walmart. Want a better quality one but it will have to wait till I get a suspension seat post. That will be a Suntour or Thudbuster. I also have a Montana gun scabbard for it that I haven’t installed yet.

Good morning all!! AztecElvis alerted me to the forum here. Get some details out here. My name is Todd and I am 6’3” and tip the scale at 285 (hopefully that number will decrease with this bike LOL). I live in Wyoming and the purpose for my bike was to 1. enjoy some quality time with my wife on some rides and 2. for outdoor recreation such as hunting, fishing, camping.

After talking with more than one bike manufacturer, like Luna, that told me that due to my size and mostly my weight, their bikes were not a good fit for me, I did months of research. I felt Rambo and QuietKat were overpriced for what you got in both power and battery. I looked into building one and after quite some time watching for the right bike to come along on the used market, gave up on that idea. Then out of the blue I was watching one of Bolton’s videos and he gave a very small sneak peek at the MD1000. After much video scrutiny I had a good idea of what the bike looked like and that it looked very stout, mid drive, dual battery, and belt driven. I figured if he could find it out there, so could I.

Sure enough after a couple days of searching on Alibaba I came across the bike I was looking for. When I seen the price, I just about jumped outta my chair! I contacted Cindy Lan at Leili. She told me they were working on a few improvements on the bike from the ones they sent out as prototypes. We worked out the details and I ordered my bike. I paid 50% down and 50% at shipment. This was on April 13th. I had a delivery date that was supposed to be mid June. 2 months from order date.

Well May, June, July, and August came and went. Cindy kept me very informed of what was happening. First their first order of frames showed up defective and they had to be redone. I actually like this and felt it was very honest. She didn’t have to tell me that and it gave me confidence in what I was going to get was going to be good quality. She contacted me again and sent me a picture of my bike in build stage. They were working on getting everything fitted for the addition of the racks I wanted (which at the time I ordered was not an option) and they were also trying to integrate the rear taillight but it wasn’t working well. Then sometime later I got a picture of the frame back from paint. I started getting pretty excited then.

All of a sudden I get another message saying there was a further delay. The factory that produced the batteries had been shut down fuse to COVID and there was nothing they could do but wait for the batteries. My bike was done, but no batteries. Although my patience was running thin, I had no reason not to believe her. I had seen many posts in Facebook and YouTube that were saying the same thing.

I was mostly upset watching the short Wyoming summer slip by. We had planned a big trip through MT and ID with our bikes for our anniversary in July. That one really sucked missing. I felt the bike was worth waiting for though and just be patient!

You all ready to cry? Well I finally get the word the bike is shipping out. I followed the shipment and sure enough it gets held up in customs for about 10 days. Finally it moves to a warehouse. I contacted Cindy and told her I had a big putting that I really wanted my bike for. She said she would see what she could do to get the bike to me as quick as she could. “Top priority” LOL. Well....she didn’t lie. That was on a Friday, the bike left the warehouse on Monday. My wife went to Salt Lake City Utah, 90 miles from us is all, and picked it up from the FedEx terminal on SEPTEMBER 3rd LOL. We had a big camp out we were going to do over Labor Day weekend. If I had waited for FedEx to deliver it to our house, it would have missed the weekend.

As far as I know, my bike was the first production MD1000 in the US. Cindy said she was able to make room to get my bike on the container with the a whole shipment of what turned out to be the first shipment of the BikTrix Juggernaut Ultra Beast. I knew they had the bike in the works because Cindy sent one of the pictures of my bike frame sitting with a whole bunch of frames sitting on a rack that I could see said BikTrix on them. They put them on Their site about 2 weeks later after I received mine.

Sure wish I would have known about this site before, I think I could have put a lot of minds at ease. Just be patient, your bikes will show up. They really are trying to do everything they can to get these bikes out and shipped.View attachment 77037View attachment 77036View attachment 77038
Welcome to the thread and I do believe you were included in the very first batch of non-prototype MD 1000's shipped to North America. That looks like the trailer that Leili shows as an accessory, correct? In any case, your order shipping process is very similar to mine and several others here and I agree that Leili had mostly good intentions. Language and cultural differences certainly account for much of the confusion. You also are using the bike for it's intended purpose (hunting, fishing camping) where mine is nothing more than and oversized suburban cruiser. On my busy river side bike trail it gets a lot of attention. I prefer being more stealth and I'm envious of you who live in the country with trail access. I am not envious of the cold ass winters many here experience.

As to mileage, I rode 35 miles yesterday using ECO mode with level 4 &5 PAS using very little throttle. I had 43% battery at the end of the ride. It was a nice 68 degree day and the battery system seems temperature sensitive (less mileage when cold) but I am getting enough mileage for the time being. I have a 3rd battery and 2nd 5Ah charger ordered and when those arrive later this month, I'm thinking I will get to do my 50 and 60 mile rides without battery anxiety. I like to pedal and so that helps a lot with mileage.

I also had a couple of mis-shifts early in the ride yesterday. I resolved it by tightening the shift cable 1/2 turn clockwise. It doesn't take much so don't over tighten. The SA IGH is not a good idea for non-mechanical types especially those who live in remote areas not near bike repair resources. The tech is very cool, but these and most standard bike chain/cassette drive systems will have issues with these powerful motors and riders who don't know how to feather them. I'll keep saying it, Do Not Shift Under Load and learn to adjust the shift cable.

Last edited:
Take a photo of the battery stickers when you have time. I am just curious if we have the same batteries.
Thank you
Welcome to the thread and I do believe you were included in the very first batch of non-prototype MD 1000's shipped to North America. That looks like the trailer that Leili shows as an accessory, correct? In any case, your order shipping process is very similar to mine and several others here and I agree that Leili had mostly good intentions. Language and cultural differences certainly account for much of the confusion. You also are using the bike for it's intended purpose (hunting, fishing camping) where mine is nothing more than and oversized suburban cruiser. On my busy river side bike trail it gets a lot of attention. I prefer being more stealth and I'm envious of you who live in the country with trail access. I am not envious of the cold ass winters many here experience.

As to mileage, I rode 35 miles yesterday using ECO mode with level 4 &5 PAS using very little throttle. I had 43% battery at the end of the ride. It was a nice 68 degree day and the battery system seems temperature sensitive (less mileage when cold) but I am getting enough mileage for the time being. I have a 3rd battery and 2nd 5Ah charger ordered and when those arrive later this month, I'm thinking I will get to do my 50 and 60 mile rides without battery anxiety. I like to pedal and so that helps a lot with mileage.

I also had a couple of mis-shifts early in the ride yesterday. I resolved it by tightening the shift cable 1/2 turn clockwise. It doesn't take much so don't over tighten.

Sure wish I would have known about this site before, I think I could have put a lot of minds at ease. Just be patient, your bikes will show up. They really are trying to do everything they can to get these bikes out and shipped.View attachment 77037View attachment 77036View attachment 77038
These pictures are great and the bike Suits you!

Long wait but worth it!

Too bad none of the YouTube channels reviewed it yet except Bolton.

I also had a couple of mis-shifts early in the ride yesterday. I resolved it by tightening the shift cable 1/2 turn clockwise. It doesn't take much so don't over tighten. The SA IGH is not a good idea for non-mechanical types especially those who live in remote areas not near bike repair resources. The tech is very cool, but these and most standard bike chain/cassette drive systems will have issues with these powerful motors and riders who don't know how to feather them. I'll keep saying it, Do Not Shift Under Load and learn to adjust the shift cable.
Yes, that is the trailer that Leili lists with the bike. It was a good price for it so I decided it was worth a try. Pretty nice little unit actually. Folds up nice. My wife put it together while I was working on the bike so I can’t tell ya what it was like to assemble. I seen the comment made earlier that it was cheap, I would have to disagree with that. At least as of right now anyways 😁

Back