Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Sheynem dank,
The rear fender is adjustable but it still shakes and rattles like mad when the going gets rough so I will be drilling. Had a mystery rear flat today. Tire looked perfect inside and out but there was a 1/8" cut in the tube near the centerline. I patched it, rode another 20 miles and it seems the patch is holding. Made the repair with the wheel on so that was good. Handlebar Jack just paid for itself today. I should've taken pics but was in a hurry to get it done and back on the road. Word to the wise, ALWAYS carry a patch kit and a pump (or Co2). Filled it to 15lbs with one Co2 bottle. Topped it off to 20lbs when I got home. And yes, I have slime and know about the other preventive methods but the Maxis looked indestructible .. NOT!
I cable tied my fender to the underside of the rear rack. Works a treat and gives it extra strength too. 🙂

Do you start in first then skip gears or go through the gears?
I usually start in 2nd but RMK is a much stronger rider than I am. 1st is defo for the steep hills, you just breeze up them no sweat. I also switch between “sport” & “eco” as another way of gearing the motor.

The MAXXIS exo has sidewall protection only, that’s why I went for tyre liners. Hopefully that gives me all round bulletproof jacket! Time will tell! We’ll see. Glad you got it fixed and on your way pronto! 👍
You mean tire liners? ;-)
I just didn't feel I needed them. I have on very rare occasions, been wrong.

I usually start in 2nd but RMK is a much stronger rider than I am. 1st is defo for the steep hills, you just breeze up them no sweat. I also switch between “sport” & “eco” as another way of gearing the motor.
Really? you'll never see my sorry old arse riding up a flight of concrete steps like you Batman. o_O

Good point about the ECO/Sport modes. Hold down the controller +button for 2 sec to toggle. Sport is fun but it really sucks up the battery. I figure I can eek out 45 miles on a full 30Ah charge using ECO mode and mostly PAS 4 . That is cruising (pedaling) along at +/- 20mph so good for polite bike trail riding. The extra battery should get me to 60 miles or maybe 50 if I'm feeling the need for speed. It's all good and this place will be more interesting when there are other owners in here to swap lies with (no offense Terry).

Still? We're in a race. I ordered on Tuesday (1/5) from Biktrix, still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation. They have to install a dropper before they can box it up, so you may yet see your bikes before I do, WhitzATL. Maybe someone should start a pool.

Still? We're in a race. I ordered on Tuesday (1/5) from Biktrix, still haven't gotten my shipping confirmation. They have to install a dropper before they can box it up, so you may yet see your bikes before I do, WhitzATL. Maybe someone should start a pool.
How much did it run you ordering from Biktrix?

How much did it run you ordering from Biktrix?
You saved money ordering direct from Leili. I spent $3880 for Juggernaut Ultra Beast with A-bars and Kindshock dropper post, basically the holiday discount paid for the upgrades. Also I got 27½×3" tires (price neutral), the house branded air fork, and instead of an IGH+belt I get 11-speed SRAM cassette. I like that the frame will accommodate upgrade to belt in future when I can afford an IGH with a wider range of gear ratios, but for now I'm happy with the cassette. That was partly based on RMK's initial review of his test ride at Bolton. I prefer the swept-back handlebars for upright riding, plan to spend hours at a time, and with so much attached to the handlebars, I'd rather have Biktrix install. Same for the dropper post's cable. Hopefully I'll love it as much as the others here and won't regret a penny. I'd originally planned to wait until spring, when I get my tax refund, but I started to worry about supply chain challenges driving up prices, largely because of this thread, and Biktrix had theirs in stock. I might order a spare set of batteries from Leili, though, as I'd save $450, and I'd be more patient with those. -GEF

I think the elite 4 all got MD1000 bikes. I ordered the 750HD and the MD1000, which (god willing) will be here 2-4weeks.
Ah great, you will be the first with the HD750!
And you can also compare the 2 bikes :)

I am curious about top speed or better...high cruise speed and if you need to pedal to fast.

Also In really would like to know the range!

Hope you get them soon!

Ah great, you will be the first with the HD750!
And you can also compare the 2 bikes :)

I am curious about top speed or better...high cruise speed and if you need to pedal to fast.

Also In really would like to know the range!

Hope you get them soon!
I and everyone else on this thread (minus the Elite-4) hopes to get theirs soon lol

The Frugal-4 might be a better name. :)

Did my 40 mile ride today. had 7% left on the battery. The first 11.2 miles in ECO mode (4th and 5th gears) with 80% battery remaining. I then put it in Sport mode for much of the rest of the ride so not bad. I wouldn't rely too heavily on the controller battery % readout. Again, many variables so YMMV.

The Frugal-4 might be a better name. :)

Did my 40 mile ride today. had 7% left on the battery. The first 11.2 miles in ECO mode (4th and 5th gears) with 80% battery remaining. I then put it in Sport mode for much of the rest of the ride so not bad. I wouldn't rely too heavily on the controller battery % readout. Again, many variables so YMMV.
Just an idea of reference: what’s the typical mile range on an eBike?

I spent $3880 for Juggernaut Ultra Beast

Here's a better comparison:
-Same frame, obviously with same batteries and motor, hence why I think it's appropriate for this thread.
-Same brakes,
-Biktrix uses house-branded inverted air fork, 25% more travel and thru-axle instead of quick release.
-Biktrix uses 11-speed cassette and chain drive instead of internally gear hub and belt drive.
-Biktrix uses shift sensor with all mid motor bikes, not sure about MD1000.
-Biktrix JUBeast comes stock with rack, basket, integrated headlight, independent taillight. .
-Beast also comes stock with fenders though I don't know yet how flimsy.
-Biktrix offers choice of 26×4" or 27½×3" wheels (with Kenda or Evo tires)
-Biktrix offers upgrades, for upcharge: Brakes, Fork, Suspension Post, and more
-Leili offers more colors (Biktrix only has silver in stock)

I found a quote from Roshan that he tried internally geared hubs with bafang ultra and found high failure rate. Not all or most, but 20%+, and I can see how that would be a customer service issue. I certainly hope none of you are in that 20%! I'd say in terms of value, Biktrix wins slightly on the fork but Leili wins big on the drivetrain, except for people who want the higher range of gear ratios. Leili wins significantly on price, and I hope to find that Biktrix wins on customer service including speed of delivery.

PS: I ordered Capstone bike carrier from Amazon since Ultra-Tow is sold out, will let you know how that works, but previous reviewers claim to carry dual fat ebikes with it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1304W...colid=4C29DTSO7FTB&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Last edited:
Bery
Really? you'll never see my sorry old arse riding up a flight of concrete steps like you Batman. o_O

Good point about the ECO/Sport modes. Hold down the controller +button for 2 sec to toggle. Sport is fun but it really sucks up the battery. I figure I can eek out 45 miles on a full 30Ah charge using ECO mode and mostly PAS 4 . That is cruising (pedaling) along at +/- 20mph so good for polite bike trail riding. The extra battery should get me to 60 miles or maybe 50 if I'm feeling the need for speed. It's all good and this place will be more interesting when there are other owners in here to swap lies with (no offense Terry).
The steps was all throttle brother, all throttle. I also hit the throttle on the way down one time instead of the brake by accident (damn MS) and ripped down on the back wheel and out through the hedge at the bottom that runs up one side of the steps. Must’ve looked cool as hell but I thought a was a goner! I may have ruined a good set of pants on that one too. Lol
I must be getting miles more range than you too. I did 30 miles really roasting it on the throttle and had 20% left on the battery. I have read the % meter is miles out but haven’t had time to test it yet.
It’s still icy as hell here 😥
It is fun hanging over the front end and giving it “the beans” in 1st gear and spinning al over the place the couple of times I have ventured out.
I feel I could end up getting hurt doing that too much though, it is hard to stop to be fair! 🤪
I can’t wait to get tore in about the programming too, again the crap weather is holding that up! I also find the throttle alone gives you more power than PAS 5 sports mode in 1st gear and some peddling on the really brutal hills. You have to take it till the motor quits to find that out. It kinda surprised me, I thought it would be the other way around.

You mean tire liners? ;-)
I just didn't feel I needed them. I have on very rare occasions, been wrong.
Ha, well spotted! Aye, what he says! 🙂
I dunno what caused your puncture but I’ve not shown mine any mercy and I’ve been good so far with the liners.
I shouldn’t have just said that, should I? I’ll look the puncture repair kit out.... lol

Is there anybody who ordered a 750HD?
Would like to read experiences and see pics :)
The 750’s for girls! 💪💪💪

I am playing of course.

I’m sure it’s a true 750w that’s in the HD so it’ll shift a bit for sure!

Guys,
On a steep hill, using the first gear and throttle, my bike’s IGH under the pressure of the motor is skipping and makes a loud sound. It remind me about an old hub when you pedal to hard in a wrong gear. Is it normal ? Or should I address this issue? I also saw this once when I was trying to get max speed and went full throttle and pedaling in the 5 or 4 gear.

Guys,
On a steep hill, using the first gear and throttle, my bike’s IGH under the pressure of the motor is skipping and makes a loud sound. It remind me about an old hub when you pedal to hard in a wrong gear. Is it normal ? Or should I address this issue? I also saw this once when I was trying to get max speed and went full throttle and pedaling in the 5 or 4 gear.
Is your belt properly tension? Check the wheel alignment too. Your igh might need to be adjusted

Back