Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

Guys,
On a steep hill, using the first gear and throttle, my bike’s IGH under the pressure of the motor is skipping and makes a loud sound. It remind me about an old hub when you pedal to hard in a wrong gear. Is it normal ? Or should I address this issue? I also saw this once when I was trying to get max speed and went full throttle and pedaling in the 5 or 4 gear.
Sounds like you need a small cable adjust. Where the cable enters the trigger shifter it goes through a little tensioner nut give it a quarter turn one way and try the same hill. If it’s better but still there give it another quarter turn and continue till it goes away If it is worse turn in a half turn back then work in quarter turns till it goes away. If you can’t get it away get it to a bike shop. Sound like it’s just a fraction off if it’s just when it’s under load.

Thx guys. I will take some time off tomorrow and will spend more time with my bike. I will update you if it went away. I hope is an easy fix

I will check it tomorrow. Do you think that belt is to lose?
I posted this link before. It's a good source for troubleshooting.
Screenshot_20210107-212012.png

I had a similar thing with mine out the box. I don’t know if it’s exactly the same thing obviously. Mine went away with a tiny adjust on the cable but it could also be what Tykoehn says too. Fingers crossed it’s an easy one for you buddy.

I had a similar thing with mine out the box. I don’t know if it’s exactly the same thing obviously. Mine went away with a tiny adjust on the cable but it could also be what Tykoehn says too. Fingers crossed it’s an easy one for you buddy.
Thanks Terry

Here's a better comparison:
-Same frame, obviously with same batteries and motor, hence why I think it's appropriate for this thread.
-Same brakes,
-Biktrix uses house-branded inverted air fork, 25% more travel and thru-axle instead of quick release.
The MD 1000 uses RST Renegade front fork and has a thru axel.
-Biktrix uses 11-speed cassette and chain drive instead of internally gear hub and belt drive.
Leli sells a 9 speed SRAM option.
-Biktrix uses shift sensor with all mid motor bikes, not sure about MD1000.
MD 1000 has both shift and brake sensors
-Biktrix JUBeast comes stock with rack, basket, integrated headlight, independent taillight. .
MD 1000 rack & fenders are the same as is the std headlight. Tail light isn't included but if its not integrated with on board battery as brake light point is moot.
-Beast also comes stock with fenders though I don't know yet how flimsy.
See above and they are flimsy
-Biktrix offers choice of 26×4" or 27½×3" wheels (with Kenda or Evo tires)
Maxxis are 4.8" and an upgrade over the Biktrix 4" tires. No 3" option.
-Biktrix offers upgrades, for upcharge: Brakes, Fork, Suspension Post, and more
Leili offers no such upgrades but Bitrix charges retail fees for those upgrades.
-Leili offers more colors (Biktrix only has silver in stock)

I think Biktrix makes a good product at a fair price and I was close to buying one a couple of weeks ago. To be fair, the $800 premium they charge is mostly a handling fee and I'm sure they and Bikonit/Bolton pay a few hundred less than we do per bike. Based upon the Yeili photos of Biktrix bikes at their factory, the bikes look to be fully assembled in China. They charge healthy fees for upgrades (see battery price comparison) and fast delivery is only on the in stock bikes. That was a total of 8 silver Juggernaut Beasts when I was considering one 2 weeks ago.

Guys,
On a steep hill, using the first gear and throttle, my bike’s IGH under the pressure of the motor is skipping and makes a loud sound. It remind me about an old hub when you pedal to hard in a wrong gear. Is it normal ? Or should I address this issue? I also saw this once when I was trying to get max speed and went full throttle and pedaling in the 5 or 4 gear.
The IGH does have to be setup and operated properly. The Ultra mid-drive motor is very powerful and can break any drive system including a chain-cassette. If you're not used to setting up or maintaining bikes, you should probably take your bike to a reputable bike shop for initial setup. I'd call around and talk with the shops to ensure they are comfortable working on ebikes and IGH belt drives. The only mis-shifts I get are when I accidently pull the up shift lever. This is my major complaint about the MD 1000. The trigger shifter up shift lever extends 1.5" into the grip space shortening the useable right grip space. The front of the up shift lever is a thumb rest albeit an uncomfortable one. I would prefer a SA twist shifter and may go there at some point. In any case when I'm riding a little more technical trail and grip the right hand grip I have accidentally hit the up shift lever when pedaling and that will create clunks and mis-shifts as will forgetting to stop pedaling when shifting. The SA belt drive is probably a little finicky for some and so cassette chain is a good option. You will be replacing cassettes and chains so prepare your self by finding a good bike shop or learning to DIY.

Last edited:
Salut les gars,
Nouveau sur le forum que j'ai lu depuis le début car je suis intéressé par le MD 1000 que je compte acheter.
Je suis en France en Normandie et ici il y a de belles balades sur les côtes et sur les plages normandes.
ce forum a l'air très actif (bravo les gars) et c'est aussi pourquoi je me suis inscrit.
Désolé pour mon anglais approximatif mais c'est une traduction google;)
J'ai longtemps hésité entre MD1000 avec courroie et MD1000 avec chaîne avec SRAM 9 vitesses mais j'ai choisi MD1000 avec chaîne car la courroie me semble plus fragile et moins fiable (à voir dans le temps).
J'ai aussi hésité entre Leili et Steamoon que j'avais déjà vu sur Alibaba mais je crois que je vais commander à Leilli car la différence de prix n'est pas si importante si vous mettez à niveau le vélo Steamon pour avoir le même équipement que Leili (fourche, freins E725, 9 vitesses SRAM) il y a une différence de 300 $, chez Steamoon aucune possibilité de mettre un porte-bagages avant (il n'y a pas de trous dans le cadre) ou un porte-bagages arrière.
Sinon, les vélos sont très similaires et les options chez Steamon sont plus faciles. En fait la différence de prix est la batterie car chez Steamon le prix du vélo est avec les 2 batteries chez Leilli le prix du vélo est avec 1 seule batterie si vous voulez les deux batteries il faut ajouter 270 $.
La date limite annoncée par Leili et Steamoon pour la France est identique, une expédition fin mars début avril ... avec une livraison à la porte vers le mois de mai.
Je passerai ma commande dans les prochains jours et je vous tiendrai au courant du reste ...

Salut les gars,
Nouveau sur le forum que j'ai lu depuis le début car je suis intéressé par le MD 1000 que je compte acheter.
Je suis en France en Normandie et ici il y a de belles balades sur les côtes et sur les plages normandes.
ce forum a l'air très actif (bravo les gars) et c'est aussi pourquoi je me suis inscrit.
Désolé pour mon anglais approximatif mais c'est une traduction google;)
J'ai longtemps hésité entre MD1000 avec courroie et MD1000 avec chaîne avec SRAM 9 vitesses mais j'ai choisi MD1000 avec chaîne car la courroie me semble plus fragile et moins fiable (à voir dans le temps).
J'ai aussi hésité entre Leili et Steamoon que j'avais déjà vu sur Alibaba mais je crois que je vais commander à Leilli car la différence de prix n'est pas si importante si vous mettez à niveau le vélo Steamon pour avoir le même équipement que Leili (fourche, freins E725, 9 vitesses SRAM) il y a une différence de 300 $, chez Steamoon aucune possibilité de mettre un porte-bagages avant (il n'y a pas de trous dans le cadre) ou un porte-bagages arrière.
Sinon, les vélos sont très similaires et les options chez Steamon sont plus faciles. En fait la différence de prix est la batterie car chez Steamon le prix du vélo est avec les 2 batteries chez Leilli le prix du vélo est avec 1 seule batterie si vous voulez les deux batteries il faut ajouter 270 $.
La date limite annoncée par Leili et Steamoon pour la France est identique, une expédition fin mars début avril ... avec une livraison à la porte vers le mois de mai.
Je passerai ma commande dans les prochains jours et je vous tiendrai au courant du reste ...
Hi guys,
New on the forum that I read from the beginning because I am interested in the MD 1000 that I plan to buy.
I am in France in Normandy and here there are beautiful walks on the coasts and on the Normandy beaches.
this forum looks very active (well done guys) and that's also why i signed up.
Sorry for my broken English but it's a google translation;)
I hesitated for a long time between MD1000 with belt and MD1000 with chain with 9-speed SRAM but I chose MD1000 with chain because the belt seems to me more fragile and less reliable (to see over time).
I also hesitated between Leili and Steamoon which I had already seen on Alibaba but I believe I will order from Leilli because the price difference is not that big if you upgrade the Steamon bike to have the same equipment that Leili (fork, E725 brakes, 9 speed SRAM) there is a difference of $ 300, at Steamoon no possibility to put a front rack (there are no holes in the frame) or a rack back.
Otherwise the bikes are very similar and the options at Steamon are easier. In fact the price difference is the battery because at Steamon the price of the bike is with the 2 batteries at Leilli the price of the bike is with 1 single battery if you want the two batteries you have to add $ 270.
The deadline announced by Leili and Steamoon for France is identical, a shipment at the end of March at the beginning of April ... with a delivery at the door around the month of May.
I will place my order in the next few days and keep you posted on the rest

I still cant get out for s decent run! This fkn ice is driving me nuts! Sorry for the language but it’s really doing my head in! I have been getting away with lowering the PSI to 7 for the quick rides I have been getting in, even that’s not working now!
I was out today for 5 minutes and the front end was sliding around as much as the rear! To the point where It’s too dangerous! It’s also not icy here often or long enough to warrant buying a set of studded tires!
What to do? Hmmm! 🤯

I still cant get out for s decent run! This fkn ice is driving me nuts! Sorry for the language but it’s really doing my head in! I have been getting away with lowering the PSI to 7 for the quick rides I have been getting in, even that’s not working now!
I was out today for 5 minutes and the front end was sliding around as much as the rear! To the point where It’s too dangerous! It’s also not icy here often or long enough to warrant buying a set of studded tires!
What to do? Hmmm! 🤯
Can you go out there with a hairdryer?

Welcome Bulldog. I agree with you on the cassette vs IGH, but at the same time, technology tends to get better and cheaper, and I like that the frame will accommodate upgrade to belt if that happens, at some future date when I have money again.

MD1000 only comes stock with one battery? My impression was that it had 2, but you could order a spare (which sounds prudent). Did the rest of you guys have to pay extra for second battery? You'll make me feel better about ordering from Biktrix if you did.

Its an option to get the second battery. I negotiated with them to throw it in for free cause i was getting more than one bike

Leili has a dual battery version listed on Alibaba. That is what I ordered and it has a higher price than the 1 battery version. These factory direct ebikes have lean margins and the only way to get it cheaper is user cheaper parts or negotiate a better price via a multiple bike order as tykoehn1 indicated. Companies like Biktrix and Bikonit/Bolton order a couple hundred units at a time so of course they get bottom line pricing. Honestly, I don't know what I would do with the extra 199 bikes anyway ... :)

Back