Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

The boat my bikes are on got to Newark late. It was suppose to be in Norfolk by now but it still hasn't left Newark. Another week delay here we come!

The boat my bikes are on got to Newark late. It was suppose to be in Norfolk by now but it still hasn't left Newark. Another week delay here we come!
Start with container ships from China, a dash of DHS, a pinch of US Customs then sprinkle liberally with Covid-19 and you have one wicked stew of bad outcomes for ebike shipments.

So I just checked in on my bike from Leili and Cindy Lan said my bike would be done at the end of this month (supposedly) and she said she would send me pics... (of the bike hehe) before it ships out. I ordered Nov. 19th so today marks day 27 of the wait.

I dunno what to make of this post guys. Can any of you make head or tail from it?

I did, seems to be a one off moaning story. Funny that Leili was mentioned though. Huge coincidence, or ....
Just thought I’d share it just in case.
Any update on yours yet?

I am no expert so I can't see a difference with the much cheaper 1000 watt belt?

They don't make a HD 750 cheaper?

I did, seems to be a one off moaning story. Funny that Leili was mentioned though. Huge coincidence, or ....
Just thought I’d share it just in case.
Any update on yours yet?
Thanks, that was a weird tangential post in the Bikonit thread that was moved to it's current location. As for my MD 1000, I'm told it is in the container at a warehouse that is closed due to COVID. I am trying to negotiate it's release but not having much success.

Thanks, that was a weird tangential post in the Bikonit thread that was moved to it's current location. As for my MD 1000, I'm told it is in the container at a warehouse that is closed due to COVID. I am trying to negotiate it's release but not having much success.
Awe man! It just seems to not be able to get any worse, then it does for you! 🤨
They are going to ease some of the COVID restrictions around the UK at Christmas time but to different levels at different places. I think most are going to see greater restrictions back on again after Christmas as a result of the easing up before. Seems a daft idea to me but “whatever”....
I was out for a wee while today, down the beach front. There was a photo shoot going on and some girl was posing in a bikini! I hope she was getting well paid as it was freezing! Crazy eh? 🤪
I’m going to get a suspension seat post for mine and I fancy a set of the Ergo grips too. Couple of hundred £’s for the seat and £60 or there about for the grips. They both get good reviews though so hopefully worth it. I’m going to get a shock pump too as mine could do with more air I feel. The ride is quite good and comfy due to the fatties but I just feel it could be little more comfy if I honed it a bit so why not right? I have a skinny ar5e too so not a lot of padding where it matters so I have to add it where I can! Lol

They are going to ease some of the COVID restrictions around the UK at Christmas time but to different levels at different places. I think most are going to see greater restrictions back on again after Christmas as a result of the easing up before. Seems a daft idea to me but “whatever”....
I was out for a wee while today, down the beach front. There was a photo shoot going on and some girl was posing in a bikini! I hope she was getting well paid as it was freezing! Crazy eh? 🤪
I’m going to get a suspension seat post for mine and I fancy a set of the Ergo grips too. Couple of hundred £’s for the seat and £60 or there about for the grips. They both get good reviews though so hopefully worth it. I’m going to get a shock pump too as mine could do with more air I feel. The ride is quite good and comfy due to the fatties but I just feel it could be little more comfy if I honed it a bit so why not right? I have a skinny ar5e too so not a lot of padding where it matters so I have to add it where I can! Lol
Which ergo grips you looking at? Also, which seat post as well?

Im gonna get the GP5 grips and I’m between a few seat posts, there are a few. I’ve tried a couple but there are 6 that look suitable. We’ll see. 🙂

So I just checked in on my bike from Leili and Cindy Lan said my bike would be done at the end of this month (supposedly) and she said she would send me pics... (of the bike hehe) before it ships out. I ordered Nov. 19th so today marks day 27 of the wait.
Not too bad actually. If you ordered a Sondors mid drive bike today you are looking at June shipping. Leili, Steamoon and these companies are getting bikes out pretty quickly in comparison.

So, I found the MD1000 pulling limits today. I’d say it’s somewhere equivalent to a standard 100cc or 70cc 2 stroke(without power bands), something along those lines for raw pulling power. It was from a standing start on a long ass, very steep muddy trail that’s peppered with rocks and sneaky “gotcha” tree roots! No run up at all. Very slippery even on the level, never mind on the crazy steep uphill! I thought before I even attempted it that it may be my first proper spill. There was a chance I could make it so I went for it. If the motor had given just a little bit more we would have made it up. I was well impressed with the motor even though we never made it, it’s impressive how much it does pull for a wee electric motor compared to a 125cc 2 stroke.
I lost a mirror and my gel seat cover in the spill. I got the gel cover back but the mirror is toast! I needed a new set of mirrors anyway. I wish I’d got a couple photos to give a better perspective of things, I’ll get a few next time I’m passing. So there you have it for what kind of heart it has and what it’ll pull. Considering it’s more a fire trail bike than anything near a proper downhill bike. I’d say it’s impressive if you consider it’s weight and size and all round geometry.

Yeah well I understand the COVID restrictions but transportation and logistics companies are considered critical infrastructure so I don't understand the locked container sitting in a warehouse that is closed. I'm told that even driving to pick it up is a no go until the warehouse opens. The time difference makes communication with China difficult so on and on it goes. First world problem for sure but my patience is wearing thin.

I am similarly afflicted (arse wise) and I have a Kinekt 2.1 suspension seatpost on my Specialized Turbo Creo. It's good for that light road bike but I bought the Suntour NCX 400mm for the MD 1000. It was between the Suntour and the Thudbuster LT and in the end (no pun intended ; ) , I preferred the price and adjustability of the Suntour. These suspension seatposts add 2"-4" of height to the seat so short legged fellas (and sheila's) should beware.

Last edited:
So, I found the MD1000 pulling limits today. I’d say it’s somewhere equivalent to a standard 100cc or 70cc 2 stroke(without power bands), something along those lines for raw pulling power. It was from a standing start on a long ass, very steep muddy trail that’s peppered with rocks and sneaky “gotcha” tree roots! No run up at all. Very slippery even on the level, never mind on the crazy steep uphill! I thought before I even attempted it that it may be my first proper spill. There was a chance I could make it so I went for it. If the motor had given just a little bit more we would have made it up. I was well impressed with the motor even though we never made it, it’s impressive how much it does pull for a wee electric motor compared to a 125cc 2 stroke.
I lost a mirror and my gel seat cover in the spill. I got the gel cover back but the mirror is toast! I needed a new set of mirrors anyway. I wish I’d got a couple photos to give a better perspective of things, I’ll get a few next time I’m passing. So there you have it for what kind of heart it has and what it’ll pull. Considering it’s more a fire trail bike than anything near a proper downhill bike. I’d say it’s impressive if you consider it’s weight and size and all round geometry.
Do you think you could have made it up if it wasn't muddy?

Do you think you could have made it up if it wasn't muddy?
Yes. The back end was spinning all over the place in the mud and the roots were brutal so lost a fair bit of momentum. That’s why I’m a bit pissed I never took a couple photos. 1 photo says 1000 words as they say. I’ll try and get a few next time I’m passing. Even though I never made it up I’m still well impressed how far it did get considering the conditions. I’m happy i only lost a mirror I was looking to replace anyway. For any of you who like a bit off-road as well as fire trails and stuff you will be happy I think. I am so far.

Just want to say wow what a great thread and thank you to Terry777 for leading the way. Also looking to buy MD1000 on Alibaba. My wife intercepted my purchase of a Luna Fat Babe last spring and while I love Luna as a brand, I think I would have been underwhelmed.

Regarding MinjLA's find with the lower price, I texted with George at CN last night and according to George his company owns the patent on the frame design of the MD1000 and companies like Leili license use of the design...this MIGHT explain the pricing differences. I got a quote last night of $2,700 including shipping to Maine USA from George for an MD1000 with 2 batteries (Samsung cells) upgraded Minion Maxx tires 26x4.8, Gates Belt Drive with SA5 drive and a front light (racks and fenders out of stock). I think I can live with the default front fork. RST out of stock. I think the brakes are a slight downgrade from Leili (350 vs. 375?) but 375 are out of stock at CN. Quoted a ballpark of mid-April delivery.

Chinese New Year - For those considering purchase RIGHT NOW like me, we are kind of screwed beyond what you've read so far. I used to be marketing officer for a company called SteriPEN (we sold company), and we produced our product in ShenZen. It was always a nightmare. Might be worth writing a book about actually. Every year, workers go home and when they return to work following CNY, there's a lot of turnover at these facilities. Very mobile workforce. So there's a ramp-up period that adds to the delays. Keep that in mind when buying direct in China. It sounds to me like the MD1000 frames are on order and in production based on George's feedback.

Buying this way is not for the faint of heart for sure.

Now that I'm an activated user on the forum I look forward to being part of this thread. G''day.

Just want to say wow what a great thread and thank you to Terry777 for leading the way. Also looking to buy MD1000 on Alibaba. My wife intercepted my purchase of a Luna Fat Babe last spring and while I love Luna as a brand, I think I would have been underwhelmed.

Regarding MinjLA's find with the lower price, I texted with George at CN last night and according to George his company owns the patent on the frame design of the MD1000 and companies like Leili license use of the design...this MIGHT explain the pricing differences. I got a quote last night of $2,700 including shipping to Maine USA from George for an MD1000 with 2 batteries (Samsung cells) upgraded Minion Maxx tires 26x4.8, Gates Belt Drive with SA5 drive and a front light (racks and fenders out of stock). I think I can live with the default front fork. RST out of stock. I think the brakes are a slight downgrade from Leili (350 vs. 375?) but 375 are out of stock at CN. Quoted a ballpark of mid-April delivery.

Chinese New Year - For those considering purchase RIGHT NOW like me, we are kind of screwed beyond what you've read so far. I used to be marketing officer for a company called SteriPEN (we sold company), and we produced our product in ShenZen. It was always a nightmare. Might be worth writing a book about actually. Every year, workers go home and when they return to work following CNY, there's a lot of turnover at these facilities. Very mobile workforce. So there's a ramp-up period that adds to the delays. Keep that in mind when buying direct in China. It sounds to me like the MD1000 frames are on order and in production based on George's feedback.

Buying this way is not for the faint of heart for sure.

Now that I'm an activated user on the forum I look forward to being part of this thread. G''day.
Ha, I sort of fell into leading the way. Lol.
When you add everything up for the extras included on the Leili bike I think the prices may not be too far away. We’d need to see both bikes itemised side by side.
I joined the group looking for help when my bike was delivered and it turns out I’m the only one who’s bike has been delivered so far. 🙁
Anyways, welcome to a great group brother. You’ll fit right in. 👍
There’s a few waiting on delivery and some at different stages of ordering etc etc. It’ll be good when the guys start taking delivery. I don’t mind the questions and whatever, I just want the waiting to be over for the rest of the guys. It’s murder!
With the things you’ve had to drop from your order I honestly don’t think it will make much difference. You’ll still get an awesome bike! The Samsung cells are still great cells, the brakes and front shock would maybe matter to a pro rider. I doubt I’d notice the difference. You’ve got a great bike for a great price, what’s not to love? 👌
I think this is the best place for info on the MD or HD so far so you’ve came to the right place. It’ll only get better as time goes on and bikes get delivered. It’ll be the best place for sharing info and tips... and spills.

@Terry777 have you ridden in the snow? Curious if I will need studded tires for my 6-mile winter commute to work (on the roads). I'm 51 YO and committed to making this my "vehicle" for getting to work and fun.

@Terry777 have you ridden in the snow? Curious if I will need studded tires for my 6-mile winter commute to work (on the roads). I'm 51 YO and committed to making this my "vehicle" for getting to work and fun.
I haven’t been in the snow yet but I think it’ll be fine in the soft snow. Hopefully we’ll have some soon to play in! Lol
You can always let a little air out the tyres too. I’m sure the MAXXIS are good from as low as 5 PSI and have a max of 20 PSI. I’ve had mine around 19 from the start and they generally grip well on all surfaces I’ve tackled so far. I’d for sure watch out when the snow gets compact though. Just take it slow and see how you go.

Back