Generic MD 1000 and HD 750 ebike model discussion

I shouldnt have any issues besides the upcoming holidays delaying the shipment. The boat was supposed to be in Baltimore yesterday but it was delayed going to Newark and now being delayed going to Norfolk so maybe a few more days to get to baltimore and unload.
That’s awesome! I am honestly probably as excited as all you are for you guys to get your bikes. I know how the whole unboxing-first ride experience goes. Think Christmas when you were a kid lol

That’s awesome! I am honestly probably as excited as all you are for you guys to get your bikes. I know how the whole unboxing-first ride experience goes. Think Christmas when you were a kid lol
Haha I was hoping I would have it for Christmas. Maybe for new year!

Yes,
And Charleston is the port of delivery. I am 20 miles north of Baltimore and for some reason they are delivering this to a different state .
I tried reaching Frank for 2 days and he is not responding now.
So you should potentially be next week too? Leili have the worst communication/after sales out. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... make sure your bikes are 100% perfect before you confirm delivery. That’s when they get your final payment and that’s where I lost communication with them. Be 100% satisfied, not even 99.9! That’s awesome your bikes are nearly here!

I've never done a thing like this. Ordered several times something from China (wish / alibaba) but those were small items.

You ordered on alibaba with creditcard, and you get a bill of half the money?
Or do you transfer all of the money but alibaba keeps half of it until you get the bike?

You pay half when you order your bike then the other half when they are ready to ship. Alibaba releases funds when you confirm delivery of your bike.
Alibaba holds your second payment, or maybe all of it in fact. I don’t know I never checked. Alibaba has done ok by me the few things I’ve ordered. I’d advise always go through them with ANY money, never direct to the seller.
You pay through an alibaba link both times.
Say your bike costs $2000. They send you link to pay $1000 with your card or however you wanna pay. I’d advise card as it covers you if anything goes South and it has the least admin charges too before they build your bike. When the bike is ready to ship they send you another link for the outstanding $1000 which you pay again however you wanna pay. When you confirm delivery of your bike you get a message saying Alibaba has released your funds to Leili. I’ll say it again guys...
MAKE SURE YOU’RE %100 SATISFIED BEFORE YOU CONFIRM DELIVERY. 👍

I've never done a thing like this. Ordered several times something from China (wish / alibaba) but those were small items.

You ordered on alibaba with creditcard, and you get a bill of half the money?
Or do you transfer all of the money but alibaba keeps half of it until you get the bike?
When you order through Alibaba you get the Alibaba Trade Assurance. My payment in full was made to Alibaba via a CC and I have the ability to request a refund at any time. There is a process to requesting a refund and the terms and conditions can and should be read/understood BEFORE buying. I have no idea where the 50% initial payment comment came from but I have made 2 orders for the MD 1000 through Alibaba and an upfront full payment including shipping costs was made each time. The first was in May and I requested and received a full refund due to Leili not meeting the agreed upon shipping date. The second MD 1000 order made and paid in mid September has apparently shipped, landed in the US on Nov 19th and is locked in a warehouse in Southern CA due Covid 19 lockdown issues.

Last edited:
I only paid 50% of the agreed total price when i ordered. Then the rest when it was ready to ship. I added options after the initial first payment which Leili were fine to do when i ordered them and then add it on to the final bill when ready to ship. Those options were just agreed with Flora and i with no edited contract to sign or anything like that.
That's why i keep going on about making sure you guys are 100% sure before confirming delivery. Leili was great regarding doing "extra" things no problems until i confirmed delivery and then they couldn't get me a $20 part. I feel they would have got me it no problem before i confirmed delivery.

I only paid 50% of the agreed total price when i ordered. Then the rest when it was ready to ship. I added options after the initial first payment which Leili were fine to do when i ordered them and then add it on to the final bill when ready to ship. Those options were just agreed with Flora and i with no edited contract to sign or anything like that.
That's why i keep going on about making sure you guys are 100% sure before confirming delivery. Leili was great regarding doing "extra" things no problems until i confirmed delivery and then they couldn't get me a $20 part. I feel they would have got me it no problem before i confirmed delivery.
Oh so you got the special 50/50 deal ...

I used the Alibaba Secure Payment Platform and saw no such option so paid in full up front. That must have been something you worked out with Leili via their Alibaba invoice. I don't see any real advantage to making 2 payments via Credit Card as the reliance is on Alibaba Trade Assurance via the B2B Secure Payment Platform. As to the arraignment between Alibaba and Leili as to when the funds are transferred, that is an entirely different matter. As with most things, the simpler the better IMHO.

I just felt with things the way they were/are, my 50% was safer in "my" pocket if things went south in between ordering and delivery being made.
China is a long way to go if you have to somewhat "gently" persuade someone they wanna give you your cash back. Persuasions are always better if they have that personnel hand delivered touch too.
It's either the Scottish part in me or,,,,, you're just TOO god damn rich! I think the latter. 🤑 🤑

I just felt with things the way they were/are, my 50% was safer in "my" pocket if things went south in between ordering and delivery being made.
China is a long way to go if you have to somewhat "gently" persuade someone they wanna give you your cash back. Persuasions are always better if they have that personnel hand delivered touch too.
It's either the Scottish part in me or,,,,, you're just TOO god damn rich! I think the latter. 🤑 🤑
Mine was 30% up front and 70% when completed. 50% up front? Wow, gonna have to change your name to trust fund Terry. 😂🤣

I was out for another wee rip this afternoon, nearly "wiped out", a proper bum clencher! Nearly died!
There's a bit on the path on my way home from the beach where they have an "Z" gate in the path to slow you down or whatever. It's easy to get through on the way out as it's on the downhill and a straight lead up. I usually give it a miss on the way home though as its a pain to get my bikes huge ar5e through as it's on the uphill and its a tight left hand turn leading into it, i take the turn before it which drops right into about a dozen steps. They are quite wide and not real steep so no biggie, you can also see both sides of the path at the bottom so can tell if it's safe to drop in, However... my dumb ass grabbed the thumb throttle instead of the brake and i took off down the steps on the back wheel! It happened so quick i hadn't even straightened up for a nice decent right down the centre line, i went from one corner at the top to the other corner as i exited at the bottom. I also clipped a hedge that runs up the side of them. I knew if i let the throttle go i would have landed hard on the front end somewhere on the steps so i just "kept it chapping" full thumb. It must have looked cool and like i meant to do it. My heart was beating out my chest when i hit the bottom and realised i was still alive if the truth be told!
I'll be more careful in future! Another lesson on the bikes awesome capabilities, all be it accidental! LOL 👀 😁

New to the "Hunt" - have read all the post......still enjoying the entertainment Terry777 brings.
Haven't put up the $$$ for the MD1000....yet
You guys have given me alot to worry about......
Tried to go the china - Alibaba route with limited success...waiting to hear back from "Cindy Lan" on a available unit for a Jan 10 shipment.....and having issues understanding their posting cites.....shows colors and options but say I can't order etc....
Question - 1..is the Bafang G510 they list
the same as Bafang Ultra G510 or the Bafang Ultra Max G510...all being 1000w.
I've seen all 3 in different adds - they all come back to Frank with Leili Vechicle Parts Co. Ltd
Question 2 -Is there no place in the civilized world we can get this bike except Bolton?
Got to have this belt driven Beast!
Thanks in advance

I was out for another wee rip this afternoon, nearly "wiped out", a proper bum clencher! Nearly died!
There's a bit on the path on my way home from the beach where they have an "Z" gate in the path to slow you down or whatever. It's easy to get through on the way out as it's on the downhill and a straight lead up. I usually give it a miss on the way home though as its a pain to get my bikes huge ar5e through as it's on the uphill and its a tight left hand turn leading into it, i take the turn before it which drops right into about a dozen steps. They are quite wide and not real steep so no biggie, you can also see both sides of the path at the bottom so can tell if it's safe to drop in, However... my dumb ass grabbed the thumb throttle instead of the brake and i took off down the steps on the back wheel! It happened so quick i hadn't even straightened up for a nice decent right down the centre line, i went from one corner at the top to the other corner as i exited at the bottom. I also clipped a hedge that runs up the side of them. I knew if i let the throttle go i would have landed hard on the front end somewhere on the steps so i just "kept it chapping" full thumb. It must have looked cool and like i meant to do it. My heart was beating out my chest when i hit the bottom and realised i was still alive if the truth be told!
I'll be more careful in future! Another lesson on the bikes awesome capabilities, all be it accidental! LOL 👀 😁
It sounds like it got your adrenaline pumping ;-) all good as long as you dont get hurt, btw how does the bike handle the sand?

New to the "Hunt" - have read all the post......still enjoying the entertainment Terry777 brings.
Haven't put up the $$$ for the MD1000....yet
You guys have given me alot to worry about......
Tried to go the china - Alibaba route with limited success...waiting to hear back from "Cindy Lan" on a available unit for a Jan 10 shipment.....and having issues understanding their posting cites.....shows colors and options but say I can't order etc....
Question - 1..is the Bafang G510 they list
the same as Bafang Ultra G510 or the Bafang Ultra Max G510...all being 1000w.
I've seen all 3 in different adds - they all come back to Frank with Leili Vechicle Parts Co. Ltd
Question 2 -Is there no place in the civilized world we can get this bike except Bolton?
Got to have this belt driven Beast!
Thanks in advance
Ha, glad your enjoying it. Welcome to the group. I think the main problem is the COVID thing. It causes the problems with them getting parts then continues through to shipping and everything in between. The overall demand for ebikes ramping up hasn’t helped either, everyone wants the parts to build bikes. The new company MJ dug up may be a better bet. We’ll have to wait and see how his shipping goes. I think Leili would be ok if it wasn’t snowed under with orders. My honest opinion is that I think you’ll get your bike, there may be delays with delivery though. Alibaba looks after your dosh so you won’t get ripped off

It sounds like it got your adrenaline pumping ;-) all good as long as you dont get hurt, btw how does the bike handle the sand?
It was pumping.... just a little! 😁
It handles the sand fine. You can also let a little air out the tyres if you’re gonna be doing lots of sand or real soft stuff. I had mine @ 20psi MAX and it handled no problems at all. Obviously a little sliding in the soft stuff but the big tyres and powerful motor make it a breeze.

It was pumping.... just a little! 😁
It handles the sand fine. You can also let a little air out the tyres if you’re gonna be doing lots of sand or real soft stuff. I had mine @ 20psi MAX and it handled no problems at all. Obviously a little sliding in the soft stuff but the big tyres and powerful motor make it a breeze.
Great, glad to hear....

Back